Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #32

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

Earlier this week we have released the update 0.8 "Meaningful Music" and along with it a dev diary video you can watch here

This video was shortly followed by yet another one where we're answering some of the questions you sent us. If you're interested in learning a bit more about Ylands (and meeting several Ylands devs), here you go

Since we had received a lot of questions from you and the time we had was rather limited, those that didn't make it into the video I will be answering here, starting next Friday. That's also when we'll talk some more about the new features coming with 0.9... which is already shaping up to be one of the most important updates so far.

Until then you have a great time, ylanders, and stay classy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

New music is awesome, especially the dawn theme, thank you for fixing the MP map bugs, but... what about the old music? It was even more awesome, i already miss it! :'( Why you removed it? I'd really like it back in our ears! 

• Upvote 1

In the Bohemia office review portion, someone (I think Ales) has a Ylands T-shirt on. I want one of those!

great work! Now the characters are killed under a protective barrier and some objects become not moveable. The further the greater the desire to play. Hi 15 server. Perhaps I'll wait for the release of me, there's no time waste!

Well done with the new music. That being said, as stated above, there is no reason not to incorporate the old classic Ylands track back into the game. Maybe added into the idle/ambient library of sounds?

Looking forward to 0.9 :) 

Well,  we had an  eventful day, and it was fun.   There were a few glitches..like crazy time and not healing when  asleep ..and  being tossed out of a ship   for  no reason whatsoever, and i experienced   3   timeouts   early  in the  day ...but  not later on.. Also the black ship bug   is  gone ..it  is replaced by the invisible  ship bugO.o ..where all you see are the  helm  locks and anchor ...again a rejoin  fixes  it, and rejoins are not as painful as they used to be:D. This bug is  not as  common as the black ship one.

But otherwise, the  game is becoming better...:D The predatrors  seemed to be more  aggressive ..i had a  leopard  stalking me   above  ground   while i was  exploring a tunnel  just below the surface... he  followed me overhead the full length of the   tunnel and that warning  sound/music?   drove me crazy!

Its obvious that  the 0.7 release was a  bit of  a flop, but  this  0.8  update  has redeemed  Ylands. :D

Had a fun day today , and   lets see what tomorrow   brings?:D

..hands out    virtual  chocolate eggs to the   team....¬¬

• Like 1

Still having issue with the sharks glitching boats and boats and water in general being a bit unstable and wonky.  But overall... I am happy with the upgrade.  Well done, devs.  

• Downvote 1

Hey guys, I hope everyone is well and had a great time! :) 

As for the old music - we like it as well and so we might put it back into to the game in some form at some point... which is probably the most vague answer I've ever posted, but that's all I have :)

T-shirts - I believe some Ylands t-shirts can be bought here https://store.bistudio.com/category/merchandise  (their price plus the shipping make them a bit costly, though). 

The new music is growing on me. One suggestion I would like is to have the danger music to have some difference based on what the threat is. And the shark response should be tuned down a notch.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I really liked the dynamic music when it was introduced but, sadly, I now play with the music off.

The battle music just became far too irritating as it seemed to trigger endlessly... flying over any predator even though they are far below you, down in caves with no mutated creatures but predators on the surface, the safety of my ship but sharks nearby... there just never seemed to be any rest from it :(

• Upvote 2

I agree with BB and Spark above. I currently have a base on the beach and I am constantly sh*tting my pants because a shark has decided to attack me even though I'm not in the water  O.o  It leaves me in a panic as I look around for predators on land just to find there's a damn shark peeking its nose out of the water down at the beach. A possible fix for this is if sharks were changed to not attack you if you're not in the water. This would also help when you're sailing on a raft/boat/ship.

The attack music is helpful as it alerts you of imminent danger, but I think it needs toning down a bit. It sure gives one hell of a jump scare!