Maxxchen

Day / Night not working

Question

Hello,

on our server we have the problem since the patch, that when we go to sleep, the day / night cycle stops working.
It always stays day. We also tried to restart the server several times, but it always comes back.

Do you have any idea what this could be ?

UPDATE:
after a server restart everything runs ... only one must not go to sleep, then the error is there again.

Thanks
Jem

Edited by Jemhardib

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sounds like this issue?

Actually it looks like a different issue, can you please attach the output_log and output_log_clean files? (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory)

Ane, I think it's the same issue - the time seems to get stuck after someone sleeps such that it only advances maybe 6minutes of game time, then it goes back.  After a long enough interval, it eventually advances one, but the same repeat window of ~6 minutes.  If you wait long enough, you'll eventually make it through the day/night, but it takes a really long time.  A server restart fixes it until someone sleeps again.

1 hour ago, Baz Foobar said:

Ane, I think it's the same issue - the time seems to get stuck after someone sleeps such that it only advances maybe 6minutes of game time, then it goes back.  After a long enough interval, it eventually advances one, but the same repeat window of ~6 minutes.  If you wait long enough, you'll eventually make it through the day/night, but it takes a really long time.  A server restart fixes it until someone sleeps again.

Ahh, alright, I thought in this case the player was permanently stuck in daytime :)