Spyler.X

flying boat

This test will enchant you B|

I could not wait to have my flying boat ^_^

In addition, the logic is much simpler because it only applies to the ship's hull and everything you put in it will follow the same behavior

the rotational logics are not really necessary because this can be controlled in the air with the rudder, and the basic model has been uploaded to the workshop in case you want to experiment with this

https://ylands.net/asset/389

Edited by spyler.1989
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 3

Are you kidding me man?! You come up with these mind blowing, game changing things. You need to go work for the dev team lol!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SyxtySyx said:

Are you kidding me man?! You come up with these mind blowing, game changing things. You need to go work for the dev team lol!

hahaha that would be fine, my current job is not very nice xD

But I discovered this marvel of logic thanks to Stephen and I could not resist, they can make your ship steam punk flying. I hope to see some soon :P

• Like 1

Awesome, I had experiment for this kind of thing in older version of script mechanism, and somehow it could fly when stationary. Good thing to know, if it works in motion now!

Update: After I tried your model, technically your ship is stationary, because once the helm activated(sail down), it fall to the sea.. oh well.. my old ship should be working then..

Edited by V-Alfred
After tried

4 hours ago, V-Alfred said:

Awesome, I had experiment for this kind of thing in older version of script mechanism, and somehow it could fly when stationary. Good thing to know, if it works in motion now!

Update: After I tried your model, technically your ship is stationary, because once the helm activated(sail down), it fall to the sea.. oh well.. my old ship should be working then..

If V-Alfred thinks that the forces applied to the ship to navigate will affect the logic. this could be compensated with a logic that has more strength than the boat, also tell you that I realized that there is a certain distance the logic stops working, maybe this could be solved by putting logic in several places.
There is still a lot to experience with this, it can be improved a thousand times, it was just a very basic test.
For example, if you apply this logic to the car, a curious antigravity effect is created, and the raft ... I'll leave you with a couple of tests I did yesterday.

20180403235443_1.thumb.jpg.72f00a6332f3bc712ec776c77975235d.jpg

20180403235443_2.thumb.jpg.dbad502645dc001a014dc408cd270c50.jpg

20180403235105_1.thumb.jpg.d93f5d871bb5cff6f750553f562c26c3.jpg20180403234933_1.thumb.jpg.b98e877e2f08db3fd7c5199d98459e10.jpg

The logics of rotation with vehicles create many conflicts
In the future when the editor's scripts improve, we can surely make it better and easier.

P.S: *I did a couple of tests, the useful distance of the logic is the distance of render, except in the big ship, that this will not affect you.
  Putting a second logic at a distance for other vehicles did not work.
My conclusion is that the most useful thing to perform these tests in the current state of the editor is to use a large or medium boat. If you only handle it with the levers the boat will not fall

apply a logic of rotation on the x axis and horizontal movement will generate an ascending or descending rotation, depending on the direction in which it rotates.
in my test of the solar system solve this by applying these logic on a reference object. That is to say, applying a central object with the logic of rotation and the object that really wants to be used, the logic of offset entity with value 0 is applied, plus a logic of movement this will avoid the vertical movement

the raft will work well as long as it uses only movement logic and does not exceed the rendering distance

Edited by spyler.1989

hahahaha.. this is really interesting experiment.. xD First thing first, I don't meant to compete with you or whatever, I'm just curious for long time ago. :D

1 hour ago, spyler.1989 said:

this could be compensated with a logic that has more strength than the boat,

how strong it needs? I tried 3x the strength of the upward logic and the ship still falling or glitching when I put the engine/sail on. xD and also I think, ship that controlled by the helm will only move when floating on water.

Since now I know that you can't combine the helm mechanism with script, I just did modification on my old experiment. But I have 1 problem, my ship instantly activate the forward script when I load to "Play mode", is there any chance you know what could cause it @spyler.1989?
Here is my ship picture: Flying ship , its slightly different script mechanism from yours (added slow, fast, stop, lock script, and simplified the logics), I know that picture is kinda useless, since it just explain the surface.. Can I attach my ship composition in this thread?

8 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

hahahaha.. this is really interesting experiment.. xD First thing first, I don't meant to compete with you or whatever, I'm just curious for long time ago. :D

how strong it needs? I tried 3x the strength of the upward logic and the ship still falling or glitching when I put the engine/sail on. xD and also I think, ship that controlled by the helm will only move when floating on water.

Since now I know that you can't combine the helm mechanism with script, I just did modification on my old experiment. But I have 1 problem, my ship instantly activate the forward script when I load to "Play mode", is there any chance you know what could cause it @spyler.1989?
Here is my ship picture: Flying ship , its slightly different script mechanism from yours (added slow, fast, stop, lock script, and simplified the logics), I know that picture is kinda useless, since it just explain the surface.. Can I attach my ship composition in this thread?

to avoid the activation, you must put forces that are compensated so that the object remains still. or set a delay time that allows you to deactivate them before you start
the rudder in the air ami if I worked, to avoid the fall do not use the rudder, use only the logic. also say, that those tests that I did before changing some values and everything was different xD I think we will have to do many tests with this.
later, I will try to do some tests if I get something that is really functional

so do not pay much attention to this xD

P.S: *I did a couple of tests, the useful distance of the logic is the distance of render, except in the big ship, that this will not affect you.
  Putting a second logic at a distance for other vehicles did not work.
My conclusion is that the most useful thing to perform these tests in the current state of the editor is to use a large or medium boat. If you only handle it with the levers the boat will not fall

apply a logic of rotation on the x axis and horizontal movement will generate an ascending or descending rotation, depending on the direction in which it rotates.
in my test of the solar system solve this by applying these logic on a reference object. That is to say, applying a central object with the logic of rotation and the object that really wants to be used, the logic of offset entity with value 0 is applied, plus a logic of movement this will avoid the vertical movement

• Haha 1

I'll just say that tomorrow you can see more :P

20180404232902_1.thumb.jpg.4e4e8a76bc3232cce3d9179d77cd5bc1.jpg

20180405012348_1.thumb.jpg.af0c82b96ec46b1d116bf2d5e9eacb72.jpg

Edited by spyler.1989

I need to build a ship that you can install this on... that's what I am saying.

3 hours ago, SyxtySyx said:

I need to build a ship that you can install this on... that's what I am saying.

do not worry sir sixtysix, I will do it in such a way that you can do it in a simple way ;)

its actually really simple @SyxtySyx, since the ship/vehicle is bound to main body, you only need to put script for it. Take a look at @spyler.1989's composition for example. Or you can make the whole base body and I can make the script on it if you want to.

xDxDxDhaha I had already finished but when I put the panic button I realized that I did not need so many levers so I'm making some adjustments that are luckily being very simple 

20180405174509_1.thumb.jpg.df76180a467d76530fd5edbaf72e3e4e.jpg

20180405174942_1.thumb.jpg.2220d281fbc6c17e872eef459aab83e1.jpg

40 minutes ago, spyler.1989 said:

xDxDxDhaha I had already finished but when I put the panic button I realized that I did not need so many levers so I'm making some adjustments that are luckily being very simple 

lol, that is what I did, 1 lever for each function(on and off) is enough. xD

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, V-Alfred said:

lol, that is what I did, 1 lever for each function(on and off) is enough. xD

xDtrue, the first thing I did when I realized, was to look at your picture again-_-

but in the end something good has come out of all this.
The result is a very practical and intuitive system.
I think, even to SyxtySyx, it's really easy for you :P

20180405202128_1.thumb.jpg.8a636c68629b933820f4dd19807b529f.jpg

20180405202140_1.thumb.jpg.d294302b86a3538ec995d9e94e454ae0.jpg

20180405201833_1.thumb.jpg.8435ba562200a21c08a25a5892679b81.jpg

20180405201856_1.thumb.jpg.66f7c57c2b6d1efb5ee97e4ad54ba965.jpg

20180405201915_1.thumb.jpg.25b98df2ff9a827e477fccffc577a2b0.jpg

Edited by spyler.1989

radio control pegi 7+ xD

20180406031320_1.thumb.jpg.0ad5afd860bfefaedc548b00d35b88a6.jpg

At the end we have a simple and practical model. It is very intuitive and very easy to implement for everyone.

Install the model where you want, on top of a vehicle, to drive it, or on the ground and handle it from a distance.
It is advisable to place the aft and bow elements of the boat. To avoid crossing the land if it falls down.

Add to the label your vehicle or elemntos that you want to drive.

To start flying, first, activate the stop lever once.
The stop lever is automatically deactivated so that you always have it available, in case of emergency.
Then start with a vertical ascent to avoid the effect of water, and you can enjoy your trip.

The speed is normal so that they can learn to handle it, if they want to increase the sensation of flight, increase the speed of rotation.
this can be done by modifying the value of the time trigger (I do not recommend uploading more than 0.5)

* If you move far from the starting area you will notice some delay in the movement.
* For a higher speed it is good to put another stop lever, but this will cause a delay in the movement, so I do not recommend it.

Here you can see how to have your flying boat in 2 min ;)

• Like 1

well I have uploaded version 2.0 of the flying boat
The speed is set so you can reach it with the helicopter while learning to fly.
Everything is renamed so that it is easy for you to edit the values. (I do not recommend raising the rotation to more than 0.5)
I have also uploaded the two control systems, they have a video above how it is placed.

flying boat V2.0:https://ylands.net/asset/405

Radio control V1.0:https://ylands.net/asset/406

Radio control V2.0:https://ylands.net/asset/407

20180409130104_1.thumb.jpg.0028d73549be1daf8bb09b9a78de668f.jpg

20180407231524_1.thumb.jpg.d733220474032723db2da635ff30ef2d.jpg

20180409132619_1.thumb.jpg.c8d74139b00c6548f82151ecb3fb9922.jpg

• Like 1

I just wish we can combine or bind composition to existing ship. So we can simply make "controller" and put that composition to any ship without need to rebuild in order to attach the script. ;) goodluck and welldone to your experiment and creation dude!

36 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

I just wish we can combine or bind composition to existing ship. So we can simply make "controller" and put that composition to any ship without need to rebuild in order to attach the script. ;) goodluck and welldone to your experiment and creation dude!

You can do it without problem. are ready for it ^_^

Edited by spyler.1989
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, spyler.1989 said:

You can do it without problem. are ready for it

Wait a sec.. Is it really attach to the ship's main body and not floating there? I mean the script. I need to test it out this week.. xD

9 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

Wait a sec.. Is it really attach to the ship's main body and not floating there? I mean the script. I need to test it out this week.. xD

the ship has the same logics will not move at the start of the game but you must first activate the stop lever to reset the logic before starting to drive

*if you place several ships and do not deactivate them all, it is possible that having the same name the logic, when driving one of them it accelerates to infinity

This was way more than i thought was possible in this game. awesome creations guys i'm going to experiment now.

3 hours ago, Tinker-79e9f6687ebcf501 said:

Is this still viable in current game system?
Would you mind showing us how to gain altitude and defy gravity?