kimbuck

KNOWN ISSUE getting tossed around on and sometimes off a ship

Question

Ships are glitchy ...moving around deck and  if  you get too close to  the  ladders, masts, helm or  anchor switch or any item on the deck that has a script, if you are not  careful  your avatar physics  collide  with them and  you can end up  not where you intended

I tried to solve the problem by  building a  glass  cage  around the helm/stern of my ship ...and although i have not  yet been tossed out or off the ship, its hard to move as i seem to bounce around inside it  like a  squash  ball in a squash  court! ...often being  tossed   to the front of the  ship! .. or onto the opposite  area of where i wanted top go.  last  night ( my time rl) i was transporting a passenger back to their  island and they  inadvertently  stood up ... and  was promptly  tossed over the side to feed the sharks.

So it  seems that the ships  decks are really   glitchy and  its a risk  travelling or  moving around on a ship at   this  time.

I hope  you can   fix this ...  as  i am getting a bad reputation as a sea captian   by  potential passengers!:D

• Haha 1

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

We had a similar disaster two days ago. Kimbuck's character was seated. We we traveling, and the boat was nehaving badly (due to sharks I believe.) I was sailing. Somehow I came off of the controls, fell into the water and promptly got eaten by sharks.

Kimbuck, I believe was somehow unseated and she also died. My ship crashed up on the shore. A nice sail to visit a friend, ended with a full scale search and rescue.

• Haha 2

i got off seat    to take the helm  as  ship was going full speed driver-less   past our  objective.  no matter how  hard i tried ,  my avatar  kept  bouncing   away from the    helm to diff  parts of the ship  as i tried to  navigate to the  helm past objects on deck.

The helm was on a raised platform and  attempts to get up the stairs  saw me  tossed back to the bow .. i tried to  get  up   a diff set of stairs  was tossed  up in the air and  ended up swimming  with the sharks... they not   friendly swimming coaches  too:D

What was intended as a short  trip  to drop  of  some stuff to a friend  ended up in  a  several  hours  search and rescue  and  shark fight.

we prevailed  ...never a dull day in ylands!^_^

• Haha 1

Does the bouncing around in the glass helm station happen while you are at the controls?  I've yet to experience any movement as long as I am at the helm or in a seat.  Definitely if I'm moving around while the boat is in motion, but I think that's been that way forever and a known problem.  Also even if it's not in motion, if you have a room with a door on a boat, sometimes you get teleported back into a room you just left.

The boat doesn't have to be moving.  When i board it, and  try to  get to anchor/ helm /or  to access a  storage  box...i  get   bounced around.  Sometimes when climbing aboard,  you are still swimming on the deck ... take a step and you go over the other side.

If you stop to  eat or   view map,   releasing the helm can see you  end up in front of it..and if not careful, trying to get back in range to take control.. you get  tossed  off the  deck!

I am so wary of ships that i always  come to a complete stop before releasing the  helm  to feed or  read the map.  Once when  stuck because of sharks at the keel, i tried to  move around to  shoot at them  with a crossbow ..as i was aiming..i  got   tossed in with the sharks ... but fortunately  manage to scramble  ashore losing only 1 heart.   12 crossbow  bolts later  saw those  sharks served as dinner..    but trying to get back on the boat, if you are carrying  anything ... when  using the ladder  to get  aboard you can end up anywhere!:D

Checking the map and eating are both super dangerous at sea. I try to come to a full stop as well. But there are times it is impractical. 

My avatar needs to eat so often it's ridiculous. A whole animal haunch and I would probly need a day to recover. My girl can eat one and ten minutes later need to eat again. Super annoying at times.

Same.  It usually takes me 3 or 4 tries to get up the ladder, then I'm swimming across the deck.  I got in the habit of doing a quick jump to test where the server thinks I am, before I start walking.  And I stop my ship before doing anything too.  It's just too dangerous to let go of the wheel when you're moving.

If I wasn't glitched it probably would have killed me by now.  I've lost count of how many sharks I've had to punch to death.

Edited by Indomitus

Yeah, I've done the ladder challenge, the swimming over the deck, and falling off as I read the map, eat, or try to move while the ship is moving.  But being bounced around on your boat while it is stationary?  That's a new one that I haven't seen.  The closest I've come to that is have a bridge room around my helm with a lockable door.  I'd unlock the door, open it, walk out, close the door, lock it, then walk away.  A second later I'm teleported back through the locked door and back into the bridge.

hahaha, oh well.. lets see in 0.9 guys.. xD Meanwhile, let the sharks have a snack.. :D

"Your smell is so good! We can't resist it!" - Smiley Shark

The sharks must like my deodorant....   its  called   "vanish"   i apply it and become invisible, and the  shark thinks...." wheres that smell coming from? "

:P

We're aware of the issue, hopefully it'll be fixed soon (can't really say when though), I agree it's pretty annoying.