NIKKI_M

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-9435] Healing Wounds Not Working

Question

Hello,

Today I noticed that the healing wounds ability is not really working. I have made a sorrel poultice, which usually works at a slower rate but none of my hearts gained any healing. Then I created normal band aids but those did not move my hearts either. I also ate various items, which use to slowly move your hearts back up, but still nothing. Not sure if this is a healing wound issue or heart update issue.

Nikki

17 replies to this bug / suggestion

Was this on a Dedicated Server, Multiplayer, Singleplayer...?

I have had this on MP. And it's not all the time.   It seems to happen when you get really close to death.  Last night I had a quarter heart remaining. I used three poltices and ate acai.  It was weird, the color came back to the world but the hearts didn't come back.  This has been happening to me randomly since 0.8.  I can give you my files, but I was playing this morning too, so I don't know if that over writes?

ETA MP, DS

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by bb cakes

Does this still happen after today's patch?  I believe this was related to the time stopping bug which was fixed today.

1 hour ago, bb cakes said:

It was before the patch.

So it's fixed with the patch today?

I'm not sure if I can reproduce. It seems to take really low life, and I ususlly tale a couple hits or I die.

Find out if there is a change after relogging. Makes me think of crafting recipes that don't update until a relog or server reset. 

I'd test it myself, but don't get to work at home. 

I had my eye on this bug as I had noticed using Acai berries did not recover health until you were injured again. After this update it is now working again. Single player only.

Just been playing on the new patch, new single player explore map.  I tried healing with an aloe vera poultice after taking damage down to 1 1/2 hearts but it did not appear to heal me, only the colour in the screen returned bu the hearts staid empty. I used 2 or 3 and still nothing happened so I decided to set sail back home and by the time I got back my hearts seemed to have refilled.

Edited by handofthesly

I had an issue where I had taken damage while wearing fur in an arctic biome and when I tried to heal using bandages, it did nothing except consume the bandage.  I explored a bit but my health did not replenish over time.  At some point, I decided to head for other islands and swapped my fur for Guardian Armor.  As soon as I changed what I was wearing, my health returned.  Later, I was wearing full neoprene diving gear and helmet and sharks did a bit of work on me.  I tried using a poultice this time and it also didn't work.  Just for the sake of experimenting, I changed my clothes.  I don't remember if I put on armor or regular clothing but as soon as the new garments were on, my health came back.  I didn't know if this was some weird game mechanic that prevents healing when wearing clothing that has 'cold resistance' but I haven't experimented any further.

Have experienced similar behavior to Weezle in the past week in SP world. Using bandages show no effect, but when I change armor/clothes it instantly shows healing.

I don't think it has to do exclusively with fur clothes.  I can't say for sure, but the times I have experienced it, I don't think I was wearing fur.

I have experienced it in guardian armour.

i think what is happening is that we are being healed but our hearts aren’t being updated until we do something to trigger it. Changing clothes (or even just going into the inventory to do that) may be the trigger. I am fairly sure that the sleep window is also a trigger.

Further to my post, I have just watched a video where a player lost a lot of health staying under water too long. He still showed as having 5 hearts but he knew he was in trouble because the screen had turned the “close to death” black and white. After relogging his hearts updated to show he had just half a heart left.

So it looks like it is a matter of the gui not updating, and it seems it happens for both gaining and losing hearts!

I think I had it happen with my character being in trouble but it not showing a heart reduction. I was wearing iron armor. I had taken a pretty severe puma attack and showed full hearts, but the color changed in the world, so I used a bandage and the color went back to normal.