Magnarhd

Combat music feedback

Question

I absolutely love the new music in the game, sailing and exploring become a lot more enjoyable because of it.

However I have to say the combat music is becoming more and more jarring everyday I play. Often it triggers when there isn't an active combat situation, e.g if you're indoors and an animal is near, or if you sail and a shark chases your boat... Then I've noticed sometimes when the combat loop starts, it wont stop even after killing whatever animal is near you causing you to re-log. Not only that but the combat music itself is naturally jarring with the loud noises and it being such a short loop with no real variation.

I feel like all the new music additions are great, however combat really sticks out as the worst part of it, it's gotten to the point where when i'm sailing I just point in the direction I want to go and tab out to avoid hearing it start/stop because of sharks when instead I could be listening to the incredible sailing music.

I don't know what can be done about this, but an option to disable just the combat music would be amazing, in a game like this combat isn't really a big part anyway so it's a shame to have such a jarring piece of music every time a wolf or shark is near.

• Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

I am in full agreement!

As I mentioned elsewhere, I loved the new music but was forced to turn it off just to avoid the constant, as you say: jarring, battle music.

Shark music especially needs to be tweeked.  Also, I wish there was a variation. Slightly diff tune or something based on what the threat is. Sharks different than puma, for example.

• Downvote 1

6 hours ago, bb cakes said:

Shark music especially needs to be tweeked.  Also, I wish there was a variation. Slightly diff tune or something based on what the threat is. Sharks different than puma, for example.

We all low key want Jaws music :D 

• Haha 2

On 4/12/2018 at 5:07 AM, Magnarhd said:

We all low key want Jaws music :D 

Definitely!

I think if shark AI was changed so that they didn't attack you unless you were physically in the water then it would pretty much fix the problem when sailing or on the beach.

There really needs to be some sort of differentiation in sounds for different predators. I was on a small island last night, barely bigger than my avatar. The sound kept going off, but I assumed it was a shark I couldn't see. It was dark, of course. At daylight, there was a puma, thankfully glitched out. But very near to me.

• Downvote 1