Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-9447] ship woes... unable to interact with helm chests ladders.. etc

Question

This is recent ... i am unable to interact with anything  on my ship ..helm , anchor, ladder  storage chests ..i get the message  " object too far away" ...so i move  closer and get tossed through all the  barriers  around the ships helm into the water!  so i try to  climb  back aboard ...  cannot use ladders -  get the  "too far away" message ... thankfully  mr  shark is not around. ( by barriers, i have a  glass cage surrounding  3  sides of the helm  ...) Got  tired of  multiple  attempts with the  same soggy result.:(

So  looks like  i unable to use  ship!    Cannot   unlock   or  use   helm,  anchor  etc...

Bummer!  - there goes  a day or more  of  exploration. until its   rectified/fixed/ or whatever:(

Logs attached.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

ok  heres more  to  worry about.    Even though a server restart  seemed to fix it  the  too far away  message  still  occurred intermittently. others   reported it too ..it  came  and went.. ( lag related??? )  I  have screen shots  attached  showing the  too  far away message. Note how  close i was to the object..any closer and i got  tossed away from it

Then we had the  disappearing ship  syndrome  .." The invisible hulk":D ... I was looking  for another  explorers  ship, and  suddenly  my ship lagged  .. there were sharks around  but not attacking.

I could  see the other person hovering over the water    then  suddenly  his  ship appeared in front of  mine ..i ran into him! ..and got  3 demerits  points off my captains  licence:$

The returning   afterwards  ..  the  hull of   my ship   disappeared....    the mast and   other thing were there  but not the  hull

. Was too concerned about   dying at sea  so held on   until  hull suddenly  re appeared   just as i was passing my destination.   prior to this  ship lagged to a stop and  controls  un-responsive.  stopping and  starting the  ship  was obtained only after  4  mins of    key pressing  and  head scratching  Screenshots    of   glitched ship  (day and  night) view  attached. Note .. only the  hull disappeared!

Note the cage  around  my  ship stern/helm!  necessary to stop  being tossed  out the back ..however  i  can still be   catapulted forward over the bow!

Never a dull moment  when  sailing the high  yland seas!:D

20180407114911_1.jpg

20180407114938_1.jpg

20180407114922_1.jpg

20180407161356_1.jpg

20180407161640_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
  • Upvote 1

More of the  invisible  hull!

Was looking for a lost mariner...saw  him  floating over the ocean and  as i approached,  his   ship appeared as i ran into it!

Later on  as he was  working n  fixing his  ship ... the hull disappeared     again....  but it was ok to him. screenshots  attached

20180408191618_1.jpg

20180408192721_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

It was   reported the  first  day of 0.8 release.....  one player could only see the anchor chain and   helm and anchor  of his  ship.  It happened twice ... with my ship ...kinda scary to seethe  water under ones feet! Then  once again i ran int someones invisible  ship ..which  appeared when i hit it! ....  and these  last couple of times i managed to get  screenshots ..O.o

Yes .. Baz Foobars  MP  server.¬¬.  The  too  far away message  is  intermittent...   it happens when it happens!:D

ok this is  today ...about  10 mins  ago.  No explanation   needed.

20180415072054_1.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bazz foobar did a server  restart ... made no difference to what i see. Ship owner  arrives and sees it ok  ,,but he gets the  "too far away"  message   whenever he tries to access  anything..including the  helm etc

Others  reported the same   issues..    Baz  has just about worn the   crank handle out  restarting the  server

This makes the game  unplayable.o.O

additional  info :       a  restart  this time  did  fix the   disappearing hull issue ...for a  while ....  I    traveled  to the other side  of my   island  and when i returned the  ship issue    had happened again ...looks like its under similar   circumstances as to the " black ship"   bug   on  0.7...:/

2 hours ago, kimbuck said:

additional  info :       a  restart  this time  did  fix the   disappearing hull issue ...for a  while ....  I    traveled  to the other side  of my   island  and when i returned the  ship issue    had happened again ...looks like its under similar   circumstances as to the " black ship"   bug   on  0.7...:/

One caveat to this last restart was that it involved a backup from around 15 minutes prior, so is it possible that the backup happened before the hull disappeared the first time around?

Baz.....  its seems to be a similar  bug.. the black ship   bug occurred when you  moved a   fair way away and returned ... this  seems  similar.^_^

Hello, I have had the same problem with getting onto the ship and the too far away message on the server I am playing on. Also I log in and found out I died on my ship cause I fell and now I get move my ship cause of the grave marker blocks the ship from moving. I am going to ask the Admin to remove my ship if he can so he doesn't have to restart the server.

Welcome to the bug!     The  gravestone ..you could try smashing it with a hammer but  use  fp so you  don't hit  the  hull by mistake

Today, i could see  someones  ship' but they saw it bottomless ..and  could not  use it due to the too far away message when they tried to  operate  anchor  or  helm

I tried to use workstations in my base ...same   too far away message .. then   someone was trying to harvest   magic  blossom on my island ..  and the plant would disappear .. also other plants   disappeared too that  shouldnt!

I came back after  a run to a neighbors  base .. and lo  and behold    the  ships  are bottomless again. other players  logged out as they cannot use their  ships!O.o Whats the use?

I feel like  giving  up on the  game until  0.9   arrives and hope it   fixes thing   :|

( i actually said the same when on 0.7 waiting  for  0.8......:(  )

Edited by kimbuck
  • Upvote 1

Just  letting you know ..it happened today on PA 7  official server....    again it was after we left the ship and  explored an island  and  came back.  A rejoin fixed it,B|  So its not just  a DS issue.

• Thanks 1