Sign in to follow this  
Brbrmensch

KNOWN ISSUE eating a map

Question

how to eat your map:

go to multiplayer (guess lag was the key there)

have map on your quick bar

equip food

quickly switch to map and open it via left-clicking

you just have ate your map and all the information it held

other whines: looking through ground is still in game (very helpful for searching caves though) [you just need not flat surface with bumps at head lvl]

player's position in multiplayer is the most annoying thing: you aren't actually where game shows you are, losing ships (and dying to sharks) because you dared to move is not fun

items disappear for player (and not the world) when dropped or placed (either lantern or bricks) and you can't see them or pick it back, similar happens to fallen trees: it this case you see tree, but can't chop and lag when you step on it

transporting horses on ship sometimes makes it not move at all or launches ship fly in the sky, sometimes it drowns all the way to the bottom first, looks epic though, but horses are stuck at bottom after this [though they could swim with you]

• Like 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Agh, the map eating thing is something we're aware of but we've never been able to reproduce it :(

18 hours ago, Brbrmensch said:

transporting horses on ship sometimes makes it not move at all or launches ship fly in the sky, sometimes it drowns all the way to the bottom first, looks epic though, but horses are stuck at bottom after this [though they could swim with you]

Btw, this feature is simply not implemented, so I'd say do not even try to transport them :P

i have reproduced map eating just for science after i ate the first one, i was on someone else's server (stout crusher's), which is why i suspect lag to play main role

also i can tell you that i've successfully transported horses across ylands (2 horses with buddy), it just has minor issues i've mentioned

It's not just the map and food.  I can't even recall how many times I've switched from my pick to my map only to smack the ground with the map if I click Open too fast.  It could be a sync issue between the selection and the action, where if the action is performed too fast it just assumes it's performing it on/with the right item.  I'd think that would "consume" the map out of inventory as if it were food.

Oh i see it now that im not the only one who Noticed that, for me that happened with my Key Ring, didnt saw your post. For me it happens when i Eat and Switch Instantly to my other Stuff, this needs a Fix.

Edited by TheGous4

Dam ate my map and now im lost at sea. i will either starve out at sea and be food for sharks as i run out of fuel

3 hours ago, BlooyZombie said:

Dam ate my map and now im lost at sea. i will either starve out at sea and be food for sharks as i run out of fuel

Look for the birds and follow them to land.  Whenever you run into the warning that there’s nothing in front of you but blue ocean, shift 45 degrees until you clear the message and keep going.  You’ll run into something sooner or later.

19 hours ago, Baz Foobar said:

Look for the birds and follow them to land.  Whenever you run into the warning that there’s nothing in front of you but blue ocean, shift 45 degrees until you clear the message and keep going.  You’ll run into something sooner or later.

And look out for other transcontinental birds in other directions