Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #50

Funny how answering questions results in more questions :P

Will we be able to use blueprints created in one game in another game?    I hope so, as this is likely to be their most common use.

Also, does the “only building materials” mean that a blueprint cannot contain crafting stations, paintings, free placed items, etc?

If a build does contain invalid items, will they just be ignored or will the blueprint creation fail (if so will we be told why it failed) ?

• Haha 1

Sounds awesome! Although, the only true reason I want this update is for the inventory fix! For me, this glitch happens after just a mere 10 mins of gameplay. I was wondering if you could possibly, just possibly bring this feature of the 0.9 update forward a few weeks so myself and many other players will be able to build some epic structures and not have to wait until the update in the coming months. This would be awesome!  However, if the update is coming up soon (say, 2 weeks) then this will be irrelevant.

Thanks!

On 4/16/2018 at 10:02 PM, TheSparkPlug said:

Funny how answering questions results in more questions :P

Hahaha, I think it's better to wait until they implement the system (BP) they've planning, so we can understand "the base" and get improvement from our constructive feedback. Hopefully we get wonderful system. xD

3 hours ago, V-Alfred said:

Hopefully we get wonderful system. xD

Sometimes, asking the questions before implementation may just help ensure a wonderful system is what they implement. :ph34r:

On 4/18/2018 at 4:01 AM, TheSparkPlug said:

Sometimes, asking the questions before implementation may just help ensure a wonderful system is what they implement. :ph34r:

As a developer myself (business systems, not games, sadly) I can say this is very true.  Desired features could require fundamental changes very deep in the code.  This is much easier to do in the early stages, than after deployment.

This is why planning is one of the most critical stages of any software's life.

Edited by Indomitus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Indomitus said:

This is why planning is one of the most critical stages of any software's life.

Yep, what you said is right and changes in deep down of the base code is nightmare for any software developers.. But sadly, :D our role here is only "support", "planning and decision" is a thing that only developers can do. Except they need or allow some sort of suggestions from users to 'get in' on their plan. ^_^

5 hours ago, Crystastar said:

i didnt get a blueprint when i played

Played what?  This isn’t available yet on the current release. 

Do I assume correctly that we'll be able to blueprint a structure from a solo explore game, and re-create the structure from it on a multiplayer one?

Will we be able to apply blueprints on a ship?  (Small BP only, of course.)

I expect that could be more trouble than it's worth, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

Any idea on when we may be expecting this update? Btw, Ships are really broken. Will this next update resolve some of the issues with them?

I just have one thing i would like clarified, currently with the BP system it looks P2W if its available to buy them with coyns but im not 100% sure.

So if i purchase a BP and use it, it creates the building in front of this workbench but the building isnt actually there correct? would it be translucent and not solid requiring me to then go farm the materials and place them in the workbench for the building to be built or if i use the BP does it immediately and automatically build the object without needing to farm and gather the resources? if its the latter that is kind of a P2W system as John - NEXFER said in his reply. 

*edit, off topic* noticed the needing to be approved by mod, this is my first post, is this for every single post made or just for dev blogs/sneak peaks to keep trolls/spam out of here?

Edited by Denderion

1 hour ago, Denderion said:

*edit, off topic* noticed the needing to be approved by mod, this is my first post, is this for every single post made or just for dev blogs/sneak peaks to keep trolls/spam out of here?

Just because it was your first post :)

And you do need the materials to be able to construct the blueprint :)

• Upvote 1

So....  are we going to get this update anytime soon? It's hard to even want to play whwn the official servers are basically toast. I have a game going w friends but how much effort do I want to put in, if everything is going to get wiped soon.

Just give us a target date, please.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

So....  are we going to get this update anytime soon? It's hard to even want to play whwn the official servers are basically toast. I have a game going w friends but how much effort do I want to put in, if everything is going to get wiped soon.

Just give us a target date, please.

We were aiming for this week, but it obviously got delayed, so... next week :)

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

... if everything is going to get wiped soon.

is it?

Historically, the servers get wiped with the update. Well, I say that. I have lived through one update thus far.  I think that's the assumption.  I would be happy if not, the current map I'm on is very cool.

• Downvote 1

Official server usually get wiped each update, just to make sure the "Freshness". You can smell and see the freshness of the world without a touch of greedy creature.. xD

But it's usually not required, like if you play private server or singleplayer you can load your old save. The risk you get is updated world generator and if they add new resource like rubber in the past.

:D fortunately I don´t play on officials. i guess I don´t have to bother then.

Edited by Apokh

Official servers are wiped with each update.

Private dedicated servers get wiped at the discretion of their administrators.  That said, new functionality may only be available on a newly generated map, so even though a dedicated private server is upgraded to the latest patch, new functionality may only be available if that server starts a new map.  Some things that went through this are the new hair styles, for example.

As a matter of sustainability, most dedicated servers are wiped more frequently than the refresh cycle anyway.  The longest I've been able to keep a server up and running on the same map before wiping was probably between .6 and .7.  With enough activity on your server, you will eventually hit a game-breaking event that locks up the entire server and clients.  No amount of editor cleanup can fix it, and you're forced to wipe clean.  Sure, you can go back to an earlier backup (I was backing up every 5 minutes), but it only buys you a bit of time before it happens again.

I'll be back with my dedicated server once the sustainability improves to the point that I don't have to constantly nurture it.  Hoping .9 is that pivot point, but if not, I have patience.

6 minutes ago, Baz Foobar said:

I'll be back with my dedicated server once the sustainability improves to the point that I don't have to constantly nurture it.  Hoping .9 is that pivot point, but if not, I have patience.

with an announcement, I hope.

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1