Ane

Dev Diary #33

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

I thought today I would talk to you a little bit about our beloved Ylands community. We've seen it grow since the game was first released in our store, then on Steam... there are people who've been with us since the very beginning, others come and go... but what always remains and makes us the most proud is how nice and helpful you all are. Sure, there a few discussions here and there (and that's ok and understandable), but I think I can safely say I am the luckiest Community Manager ever (number of death threats received so far: 0 :P).

Anyway, what do we know about the Ylands players?

I can tell you that the countries where Ylands is played the most are the United States, followed by Germany and Canada. And since we all know playing a game doesn't imply taking part on its forum/social channels (I never do, for instance, am I a bad gamer? :D), a quick survey here on our forum told us that you guys mostly come from North America and Europe (with some strong representatives from Oceania/Asia, you know who you are :D).

I guess you could say the "most loyal" players are the ones that are here in our forum, but you can talk to us on Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Steam and Discord too.

On Twitter and Facebook is where we post screenshots/gifs, game tips, last minute information about the game services or share players' creations, for example (and is also a quick way of talking to us privately).

You can find us answering to player questions and gathering feedback on Reddit and Steam Discussions. A lot of people tend to stick to Steam Discussions to report issues, and although we regularly check them and note everything, you know the best place to do so is our forum, as you can see in "real time" the status of each issue (and you can easily send files). Steam is also the place where we get the harshest feedback, which is also welcome, you know we always listen to everything you guys have to say about the game (but let's keep that death threat counter at 0, shall we? :P).

Special mention to the in-game feedback tracker, which is also very useful for us and helps us quickly gather feedback. So to those using it - thanks and please keep doing so! :)

If you're reading this by chance and you're not sure whether you should create an account/participate in our forums, I'd recommend doing so because:

1. You'll get the latest info regarding updates, future features etc. (by reading the Sneak Peeks/Dev Diaries)
  2. You'll know what the status of each issue is (when it'll be fixed, if other players are experiencing it too, possible info on how to solve it etc.)
  3. You'll be part of the family of ylanders, which I'm being told are always looking for some fresh meat new people to talk to!

YsVUXOc.jpg

@iamSleepl3ss decided to share this awesome ship with us after lurking around for a while. Follow their lead! :)

Lastly, I'd like to take the chance to do a quick shout-out to a couple members of our community:

Oh, and I believe the 0.9 update will be released sooner than what you think (unless you think it will be released this month :P)

So that’s it for today - we will talk to you again next Friday. Have a great time until then, ylanders, and stay classy!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ane said:

Have a great time until then, ylanders, and stay classy!

@Ane you need to come up with your own "outro".. xD I'm glad to become a part of Ylanders! :D

"Make Ylands Great Again"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Technically I am not a Ylander - as I am too lazy to have my character relearn everything if I link my account!

Ane, I have a really cool and original outro for you, which I am sure you will love: ”have a classy time until then, ylanders, and stay great!”.

(The outro in this post is fictional and any resemblance to any other outro, living or dead, is entirely coincidental)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I was a little worried about what community will Ylands get because it's one the most important thing about a game. But it is better than we all could wish :) And stay tuned, because I will post the second building competition in an hour or two! :D 

EDIT: Here it is: 

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Downvote 1

On 20/4/2018 at 7:23 PM, TheSparkPlug said:

Ane, I have a really cool and original outro for you, which I am sure you will love: ”have a classy time until then, ylanders, and stay great!”.

Hey, sounds really fresh and innovative! I might use it in the future :D

Another reason to make a forum account is if you want to test out and use dedicated server. Still buggy, but usable. 

@Ane Oh my god it's an honor! xD
No but seriously, thanks to everyone at the forums (but of course whoever enjoys the game are still super cool B| ). It wouldn't be the same breath of fresh air if it wasn't for all the curious and creative heads put together. Stay awesome!