Sign in to follow this  
kaorukensi

How did the barrier worked?

sorry but i dont fully understand the barrier. i saw someone sat in their front house i tried to hit them but they are protected. i sat inside a box with one side open (i got the floor the roof and 3 walls surrounded me) and someone can still kill me inside my barrier. My ign is Ko i am playing in server 42. yesterday my house lost internet connection, but i am inside my barrier and inside my half building house. so i am pretty sure i will be ok. this morning i wake up a guy named YAO killed me. he stole all my stuffs include the flying pack. this server is lack of mutated animals. i went to 5 islands cannot find anything so i am feeling like quiting the game now

Edited by kaorukensi

Stealing is possible inside barriers if not secured in some way. They shouldn't be able to kill your avatar when  you are offline. You can still die. Starvation is one way. The barrier does not protect you against attack when you are online.

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Stealing is possible inside barriers if not secured in some way. They shouldn't be able to kill your avatar when  you are offline. You can still die. Starvation is one way. The barrier does not protect you against attack when you are online.

when i log back this morning it said that a guy named Yao killed me with the STONE AXE @@

Welcome to the reality that there are idiots on the public  servers  whose only  aim is to steal, kill harass and destroy!

The first thing you should  do   is find a suitable place for a base, and  get your barrier working.  You need   iron and a hammer,  and then remember to switch it on! ...i have seen several bases  where there's a barrier installed but its  not  activated and the owner sitting  next to it thinking   they are safe and  secure!

One   you ave  selected a spot... put down a couple of stone   blocks as a pedestal and place  your  barrier on it and activate it. Then as quickly as possible   erect  4  walls and a roof and  floor around you ...  you can use a hammer later to deconstruct  some panels etc  for  doors   later on when you  have the  time.

Then   once you have a  safe   cube,  start to build  flooring and walls  outside to  extend the  area .  I prefer to extend upwards  3 stone panels  and   have an enclosed  interior  stairway with an additional lockable  door. I add windows  after i  can  craft glass. with the barrier active  you can  deconstruct  laces to  add    doorways   ..or to remove the   original walls  once the  expanded walls are secure.

Believe me , you will get  people arriving and  try  your defenses... they will try to dig  or  break down  doors and walls. Do not leave a gap anywhere. The only  things  i store outside  my secure place is a couple of   chests with  stone or other stuff that's  valueless. ... and  yes, they will look through it seeing what they can  steal.

And also if someone outside   begs for you to come out and  give them a hand to find something,  be wary. if they are a stranger, they probably have the intention of  killing  you and gaining  entry through an open door ..  you could always have  2  doors like an airlock,  locking one behind you   before   unlocking the outside one.

Does this  all sound  negative and off putting?   Unfortunately  on public  servers  you are going to  encounter these immature  kids.

One  big   give away is when they  use  emotes to whistle  to catch your  attention ..and      say    "Hey,  bro ...":D   a give away its  an immature player for  sure possibly out  to grief:P