kimbuck

Playing the game fairly

If any of you stop by, please don't kill Fred. He is the pig in the basement. He keeps the rats to a manageable level.

@kimbuck I don't plan to stay for long (because of the i-net connection that might be bad for me, and other stuff) ;) , but thanks for your generosity. I will try to help what I can and might have some fun. xD
@bojo2736 sure bb, better have pig around than rats lurking nearby.. xD
*Edit* wait what? his name is Fred? Dammit, I can't use this name then.. xD

Edited by V-Alfred

Alfred is sooo much fancier than Fred.  I promise we won't mix you guys up.  You'll have to excuse the mess, we have dead and abandoned bodies all over the place.  It's apparently the maid's decade off. 

3 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

It's apparently the maid's decade off. 

Hahaha, are you allude to someone behind the complex machine there? :P  Just kidding.. xD

6 hours ago, kimbuck said:

when they  say 'sup? or  call you  bro   or   use  excessive  emotes then you know their age  means that puberty has  yet to come  knocking on their door.

'sup bro? ;)xDB|

• Haha 2

I tried NA15 again, multiple times. Still the same error, which I think was actually "Network Layer Error (2)" and a connection time out. People say it is stable so it is probably on my end.

So I tried NA16 just to see, and I joined with no issues (other than not having played MP before ... probably left a body standing there when I logged out). Not sure why one works for me and the other doesn't.

keep trying stlnegril9 ....sometimes  i have to get in one of two ways ... if playing, usually the  continue/join  method ..but  sometimes for reasons only  BI/Ylands knows:P  ---- via  the multiplayer  pages. And if the weather is  too hot or cold, or theres mating  cockatoos on the  phone lines.... a couple  of attempts.  But once in  its fairly stable

• Upvote 1

Another two new residents are building on our island, under the umbrella of our community. They  both have the same story for coming here... simply,   they are sick and  tired of the pvp actions of the  minecraft/roblox rejects who come to  pve servers and kill everything because, if the went to a real pvp server they would be wiped out  within  a minute of arriving. Yup, its easier to  look like a big  fish in a small pond when you can run around   slaughtering unarmed   innocent people, most being  offline  so they cannot respond. face to face combat they scared of.. Same with tamed horses in a  corral .. easy targets for the   inept.

Anyway, the new ones are watching the building  methods and learning... ones keen to  upgrade her  tee pee into a  secure area, and although she wants to do it herself, is  willing to listen to ideas. Most likely  she will end up a master builder!

Again we had  5  players  online ...we also buried a few  corpses that have  been littering the place for  a week..

A word of warning ... if you come to the base and  log out asleep on the beds r provided.. you are NOT safe form childish griefers.  The beds are there for an overnight stay for the convenience of shortening  night time.

Today was another fun day.  Although   the   other half of the worlds  now asleep,  those  from my   area will be  having fun for another  few hours yet. feel free to  join in .. but not to grief!B|

Gonna try to dynamite a harbour   soon ---  should be fun...¬¬

Finally I'm able to visit NA 15, "Downloading server data" thingy is so sensitive with RTO.. Oh well the adventure just begin, I'm coming when the world is evening, and apparently some people don't like to sleep.. what a poor caveman who doesn't have flint to light fire.. xD Glad I met Bee who knows my condition and gave lantern to me. Thanks Bee and bb cakes, I got some fun, even tho just an hour or so. Oh man, good to be back at Multiplayer. :D Little bit of thing to remember that I visited NA 15, even tho looks blurry ^_^:298610_20180519223736_1.thumb.png.77e3c8ff9a98927127a773a8d658e1f7.png 

" I wonder, what are they doing together in this cramped tower #facepalm"

Edited by V-Alfred
correct some words

hi Alfred...we think they starved to death hiding  form our  4 resident panthers that patrol the adjacent area.....    the  panthers  attack in pairs  so hard  to survive with just a sick or a spear!

Welcome to the grid...we had 2  new ones arrive last night as well ...one has been  following this  thread for a long time as  got intrigued!

hope to see you in ther  soon... :D

@kimbuck stick* hahaha, I thought they were there for something else.. oh nevermind, just my naughty thought.. xD

I'm impressed by just how diverse it's in NA 15. Just think about it, Bee from Sweden, bb cakes from USA(?), and you kim from Aussie playing together in the same server no matter what the latency you got.. if it's not really enjoyable, the latency will really smash your mood.. :D

Edited by V-Alfred

At the moment  we got someone called  Brutt   fdf35a  running around ...hes killed a lot of the innocent offlines,  and   stole a lot of  building stuf...even took the blacksmith sign  over the forge!

These are the ones  that cause  probs  for those who want  to enjoy  the game.

Anyway  after breakfast  ( 15  mnutes..) i will be there and   re stock ... build and  carry on... the positive   people make the game worthwhile!

:P

• Like 1

well did we get griefed today!

still cleaning up the mess and a  series of  glitches didnt help ...time out etc... looks like the severs cannot  handle  6  players!

we had  headless guys  in black  undies clogging the system and theres an inventory glitch ...and also  some keys  stopped working  allowing  griefer to enter building that  had been locked ..

Gonna give  ane a fun time with the logs!:P

It looks like  NA  15 has run its course.... griefers have killed all the predators  and one has  tamed nearly   every horse in his name ..and abandoned the area.

To show  you what a community can do  co-operating, the following  pictures are a dawn shot of  all the buildings i could find. There's others too  underground..

The last  shot is  what happened to a griefer  who stole a lot of stuff and  tried to escape on a raft...   sharks  love  griefer meat!:P

If you turn up there and there is nothing you can use,  thats because we get visitors who will not  take one of  each, but grab the lot! One   wonders what you would  use 9 each of  shovels  spades  lighters saws   etc. for,,:|

I have nearly  depleted our reserves of  ores to replace  tools  etc and most of   our time now is  repairing what griefers   destroy ...or  replacing  items  stolen from outside houses.   They even tear up the plants placed around   to  beautify the area  and  cut  down trees just outside the  barrier so they fall  across the buildings and  work stations... what  idiots!

We are looking around other servers  for a while  and  when 0.9  arrives we  might set  ourselves up on a DS    ..with invite  only,   or a public one  with  admin powers  to  block all the  troublemakers we recognize

( we have a  admin channel now,  where we list  the names and   ids  of  confirmed  griefers..)

Its been fun .. and we have  developed a  nice  friendly  creative  community ^_^

20180520160908_1.jpg

20180520160937_1.jpg

20180520161041_1.jpg

20180520161107_1.jpg

20180520161147_1.jpg

20180520161225_1.jpg

20180520161421_1.jpg

20180520161513_1.jpg

20180520161553_1.jpg

20180520161618_1.jpg

20180520161638_1.jpg

20180520161708_1.jpg

20180520161831_1.jpg

20180520161947_1.jpg

20180520161022_1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry you have had all this trouble...  a public "probation" server and a private "trustee" server is definitely something that should protect you.

I will try to introduce myself on the Discord later once you have set up and I can come and learn from you then. At the moment I have very sporadic playing hours - not least because of the time of year. The afternoon sun falls full on my screen and I can barely see what I am doing till it has set. I'll come and chat once I have sorted that out.

Daniel .... its  what you expect  when on a public  server  where the kiddies rejected by  roblox/minecraft  can  come and  disrupt  because they don't  know   what else to do^_^

As  you see,  we are not  discouraged,  but press on..and  hopefully the  BI team  take notice of the difficulties  and fix some of them.

The problems with  griefers were compounded by them  being able to flood the server, so that when we crashed,  whilst offline we were at the mercy of these idiots, who could enter buildings and  steal stuff.

One  had the  audacity to come back and ask for "his  stuff".. when in fact it was all objects  stolen  form others and readily  identifiable. ( i use a  dye station  to customize  weapons and  Armour etc  :D so its easy to see stolen stuff in use.

You will be welcome to join  our  "adult minded creative group" :P  and  no  matter what stage   you are at,  you always have something others  can  learn from.

You  can still pop in and see whats  there ..its not abandoned , but  just  don't turn your back on anyone wearing white  undiesxD

I think we have learned some important lessons in this experiment.  

1. Put only the basic workstations in a public place.  Smelter, forge, kiln, tanning rack, spinning wheel and loom.  The higher level workstations need to be locked up, keys given to trusted players.  

2. Provide some way for players who have not set up a secure base to lock themselves away under a protected barrier.  They are at risk if left out in the open while offline. Some secure storage so they can collect the things they need.

3. Provide very limited amounts of supplies for starters.  In the end, we had three starter kits in baskets. That might even be too many.  Kim can say what she put in the starter kits.  I can't remember what she put in there.

4. Realize that anything you put out for decoration may disappear or be vandalized.  

• Upvote 1

the starter kits had" flint lighter  axe  hammer chisel knife spade  saw  fishing rod and lantern" A notice said   one set for each player. Some read it and followed it, Most took  the lot   from all 3 sets:|

There were  3 pencils   3 sheets of  paper  (For map crafting) and  5 repair kits on a desk. One player took one of  each -  another took the lot

we had baskets with additional items   ie some  rope, poles shovels etc...  there were 9  in each basket,,,  again  someone   emptied the lot

With the food ...  some  took  20 fish ...others   cleaned out the   entire chest. One took everything and  filled it  with stone  chunks ..probably though they were clever/funny:(

one  asked me  for  food  rope  wood and  such ... when told  there was plenty of resources  nearby to  gather food and to  craft rope and   make  cloth , they  acted   annoyed. The wanted to be  hand fed!

The outcome of all this is  90% do not appreciate what was put there for help and  are too lazy to craft or  learn.

A lot  ran around trying to open every chest, basket or  door!  They climbed over boats and tried the anchor/helm ..  some  even punched the lock,  not realizing they were being  watched   by the " god-chicken" hovering nearby. Then they  tried to open the storage   chests  .. finally   stealing  as many  lanterns   they could  reach and   disappear  with them.  Later we  find them  hiding offline in a hole in the ground somewhere..  and  have  done nothing  with  what they took.o.O

Really, help stations are  time and resource  consuming exercise  benefiting only a small percentage.

But then , those that appreciate it  make it  worthwhile.

And yes...., signs   plants   decorations etc   were vandalized  ..for no  reason.  But then  who said these  people had  brains to reason with?

But one thing for sure ..if you  see us  setting up on your server,  you are privilegedB| because  you are  getting a community that's helpful.

And I am sure there  are' a few pvte run servers  who would like to have us :D

48 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

one  asked me  for  food  rope  wood and  such ... when told  there was plenty of resources  nearby to  gather food and to  craft rope and   make  cloth , they  acted   annoyed. The wanted to be  hand fed!>

==>> The outcome of all this is  90% do not appreciate what was put there for help and  are too lazy to craft or  learn. <<==

This is another reason why I gave up that time, after that I prefer to give them a fishing rod than a fish itself. Don't let them depends on you.. ;)

Another suggestion, tools made with uncommon++ resource like iron, copper, etc, is only for known guy (or you can say trusted), why? like I said, don't make them depends on you.

• Thanks 1

maybe we should just make sure there are stones, flint, grass and sticks in the baskets. Everything else they should do by themselves...

True BB.... put out the  basic resources and let them make  it themselves.

The griefer form yesterday was found ...and by the way, he was called "mystic trash" ....very apt.

He was hiding in a bunker on a nearby island, sitting with a stack of stolen lot  he  had not used  (  5 x 10 repair  kits, for example). He was removed from the game and the goods returned, and it will be interesting to see his respawn try to enter his deep underground  base with the ladders  missing!B|

what do you do when a friends  ship is under danger of being  hijacked  by  2 griefers working together, and one of the  griefers called "p_nisbutt calls you a  "motherf...r" and says "what are you going to do about it" and then attacks the ships  owner?   Well you shoot  him in his Butt!  xD    and then his mate   jumps overboard and  tries to hide...   swearing at you in chat.    'Bang Bang'  ...no griefers.

Really,  with a name   of "P_nisbutt,  what do you expect?  looks like  schools out.

Perhaps  BI  might  consider some  form of  name  censorship detection ,  especially   for a pegi7  game...B|

That would be nice.  I came across a corpse called P*ssy Licker.   Ahem.