Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Welcome Stations

@kimbuck and I built a couple of welcome stations on two different biomes.  These are basic shelters and resources available to anyone in our game. We planted useful things and stocked baskets with needed items.  I really like how they turned out.

Ylands_180505_234000.png

Ylands_180505_235802.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Our  third welcome station   is now  set up. Its on  a temperate   island,   with wolves and  bears   in the  forests and hills to  add to the   thrill!  xD

What do you find at these   foobar team courtesy station?

Basic  shelter,  with  2   wicker sleeping  beds,  a stove,  and some work stations i.e spinning  weaving  tanning  smelting   a  forge and a paper press. There will be some   useful items  such as  fishing poles .. to use and  not  take! There will also be some  food  such as  cooked  fish  hanging  somewhere.  There will be plants  that provide  resources  and food    planted  around ,  ie   bananas   rubber,  sisal agave  for  cloth,  bamboo... etc

I also use the stations  to craft new  hammers   spades  axes and stuff.. and leave the  worn  but  still useful ones  behind  in one of the containers

Please  do not take the  lighting. it is there for the benefit of  everyone passing  by. Do not claim these outposts as  yours and put  your   barrier up in them... that's  not   right, isn't it?

if  you want to   be part of the foobar team  ----  well there's  at least 6  of us active ..more    on  and off. We are PVE  not PVP  but  will defend if  necessary.   We only  kill animals  that attack us and usually  avoid   predator  conflict  to give newcomers  some excitement.

Attached  screenshot is of the latest   outpost....  we had a surplus of  stone  and   had to show off our  masonry  skills!B|

We hope  for some   common sense and these  help  outposts  are not  griefed/damaged  or  trashed ...

B|

20180508162257_1.jpg

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I went on to another random server (Explore NA 45 and built a welcome station near spawn. It's a fun little project that can be completed in an evening.  Because I don't intend on playing this server, I set it all up with my barrier so the items can't be griefed.  I suppose the plants could but that wouldn't be the end of the world. 

Ylands_180508_215207.png

• Like 1