handofthesly

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-9874] Chopped tree falls through ground and then reappears after relog

Question

I swear I saw someone commenting about this before but couldn't find it and decided to re-post in case I am mistaken.

Started a new SP Explore game, I chopped an oak tree down and I watched it fall very fast sideways and then disappeared through the ground. I opened the save in the Editor and the chopped tree is still there but standing upright on top of it's trunk.Returned to the game and the tree is there just as it was in the Editor so I was able to chop it up to get the logs no problem.

Nothing major, but it was very weird seeing a tree move so fast though xD

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Tree.png

• Haha 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

You can also try relogging - that fixes it sometimes.  Also, if it's a multiplayer game, someone else who wasn't in the area when it was chopped down will likely see it correctly and can chop it for you.

Mm I recall invisible stumps, but I think this is new? Correct me if I'm mistaken.

I think this is new, the similar one is that you chop a tree but after that it's "INVINCIBLE", you need to relog then chop it into pieces.

About this case, I accidentally found the video that might look exactly like what happened to @handofthesly.

Edited by V-Alfred

It was very similar to what happened in that video except my tree fell down sideways like it would normally just super fast like we see in the video. How bizarre.