Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-9873] invisibility strikes again

Question

I just experienced a somewhat more catastrophic version of kimbuck's "cloak of invisibility" while in Online MP.  This was on Explore NA 33, just a short time ago this evening.  I was the only player active on the server at the time.

What happened:

I was visiting the spawn island to leave surprises for other players (I had buried a chest with valuables on another island, and made some maps of it for them to find it.)

As I was returning to my ship, an entire section of the island went invisible (or didn't render in).  This section had lots of trees and plants, someone's home base, and of course, my ship just off the shore.  The items still had collision (I know, I ran into the other player's barbed wire fence), but just did not appear.  My ship, that huge ugly wood and stone monstrosity, was invisible.

I'm far enough along to have my propeller pack, so I flew around a bit until I spotted the anchor, and the two locks on the helm and anchor lever.  I landed on the top deck (it's a big ship; I call it my "barge").

I still could not see any of it, so I thought maybe if I log off and reconnect, it could help.

As soon as I reconnected, it KILLED me.  (It said I died from falling.)  Luckily, I was just a short distance up the shore from the spawn point, so it was an easy run to get back.

When I got there, I was greeted with this sight:

B70C066BB86ACDDB67AB8E69F8AB7363282AF650

(she's the fastest floating brick you'll ever see)

Since I died on the ship, the gravestone was on the ship.  But it was below the water for some reason, so it dragged the front end of my ship down with it.

I unlocked the controls and tried to sail it backward or forward to dislodge it, but that did not work.  It also killed me again, since the helm was completely underwater.

Then I remembered that only 1 grave stone will stay at a time, so I stored my valuables in the chests and traveled back to the spawn point.  I dropped my keys and propeller pack on the ground (both were needed to get back on the upright barge since I removed the ladders) and went for a "little swim".

With both of the grave stones gone, the ship popped back above the water, and I was able to sail away.

(At about 8 fps.  On a side note, I think NA 33 is nearly unplayable, which is sad because I really like the base I built there.)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Wow.  Sorry that all happened.  As an aside, if you need to do that again, a couple of little cheats I would use: /unstuck 1 to get to the spawn point. Then /killme. You will die, drop your gear, and when you come back you will be near your stuff.

As an aside, again, this is the ONLY way to change your hair color or style. You have to die. Not dye. 

• Haha 3

Yeah, dont logout on your boat in MP. I thought everyone knew that one by now. I have also flown back to my boat and only been able to see the anchor in MP.

Ylands_180402_164024.png

Ylands_180415_052608.png

hehe to me I was not yet sunk, but it has disappeared along with the small boats xD

20180515151550_1.thumb.jpg.add709af10f622b360a356b4042aa717.jpg

On 5/15/2018 at 9:22 AM, SyxtySyx said:

Yeah, dont logout on your boat in MP. I thought everyone knew that one by now. I have also flown back to my boat and only been able to see the anchor in MP.

I've logged out while on my boat before with no issues.  Of course, one thing that's different there is, I would lie down on a bed or sit on a chair or stool first.  This time I was just standing on the deck.  That might make a difference.

If I remember, I'll test it out some when I get home tonight.  I just started on NA 48 and haven't built much yet except my ship, so if something goes really wrong I won't lose much.  I'll try it with and without the chair or bed/sleeping pad, see if that helps any at all.  And of course I'll save my logs.  (I can say there will also be another issue in there as well, since my anchor and helm locks cause my ship to buck like a bronco sometimes when I attach them.)

• Like 1

Yesterday, in who-knows-where

I saw a ship that was not there

It was not there again today

I got on it and sailed away

68D40C3EFC85985836A82430EE12FC43C945B3BE

Similar issue with items not rendering in when moving quickly across a map.  This time it was only the hull of my ship.  It happened twice, but I only got the logs for the first.

Specifically this time, I was flying back to my ship (propeller pack), and everything rendered in except the hull.  It stayed this way until I logged out and back in, no matter what I did.  It sailed fine, other than the frame rate, but it was invisible the whole time.

The second time it happened, I flew back away from it, far enough to load a few sections of map in the other direction.  When I came back it loaded right.

(I think the invisible ships/buildings issue and the death on ships issues are not directly connected.  The death on ships probably is more connected with the poor online sync the ships have in general.  I'm sure you guys are way ahead of me on that, though.)

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

We  experienced the invisible  ship   event  again today ...it was invisible to me   but visible to its  owner.  As   soon as he raised  the anchor, the  ship  hull re-appeared!

o.O