Spyler.X

Keep the skin when placing

Question

The skins for the tools are very good but I do not understand why when I put them down, I would like to use them to decorate my house too.
I do not know if it's something you already have in mind, but instead of disappearing when you put it in, it would be better if you unseal the skin only when someone else picks it up, in case you have not acquired it.

• Like 3

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yes, I wanted to use a conquistador helm as a stovepipe top.

wind-directional-chimney-cap.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

Would this not cause problems? Either people can then pick them up and get the skin without paying, or this could give skin buying players an advantage when building, since they could simply place these items for other players in trade for other items, without consuming the skin.

As spyler mentioned, the item could revert to normal appearance if the person picking it up has not purchased the skin.

In theory it would change based on the skin preference anyway... when I changed the skin of my iron sword, I ticked a box which said something to the effect of “always apply this skin to any iron sword I hold”.

Of course, the next worrying - but logical - step would be for a box to pop up that says “this item has a skin that you have not purchased: Do you wish to purchase now, revert to normal, or abort pick up?”

I agree that it can take a bit of programming work but sincerely I do not care what sword I carry in my hand, I simply buy them because they had different forms for my constructions and I think if they cost money they should have at least the same function as what already comes with the game and not less