Sign in to follow this  
TheSparkPlug

Reversed images

Question

So, having purchased a load of hieroglyphs from a shady merchant, I decided to use them to write my name on a wall... only to discover they are all back to front!   

The same is true of the clock on the astrological carpet (but, strangely, not the symbols).

Edited by TheSparkPlug

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? We're not sure what you mean exactly - the hieroglyphs are mirrored?

I meant that they are all reversed... but I checked on a couple of different sites and they are okay - the image I was using as reference was wrong :oops:

the clock on the carpet definitely is back to front though!

1 hour ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I meant that they are all reversed... but I checked on a couple of different sites and they are okay - the image I was using as reference was wrong :oops:

the clock on the carpet definitely is back to front though!

I guess we can live with it? :P

That’s easy for you to say... I set sail for a nearby island, and got there 10 minutes before I had left my base!!!

Stephen, is it you?

image.png

• Haha 1

On 5/13/2018 at 9:29 AM, TheSparkPlug said:

So, having purchased a load of hieroglyphs from a shady merchant, I decided to use them to write my name on a wall... only to discover they are all back to front!   

The same is true of the clock on the astrological carpet (but, strangely, not the symbols).

Is this a case of the side of a block you see depends on which direction you are facing when you try to place it?  Like if you face the opposite direction when you try to place it do you see the correct side then?  If i remember correctly as its been ages since I reported my inability to finish a game and still cant play but i remember the blocks always came out facing a certain direction relative to the world,  not relative to the player but i may be remembering wrong.  I think this was the case for beds as well.

Nope. The hieroglyphs appear on one side only.

There is nothing wrong with them... when googling the alphabet (in order to write some stuff with them) I just managed to pick the only image on the wholeof the interwebs that had all of the symbols reversed!