JMeJ2

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-10059] Can't place blocks after a bit and only way to fix it is...

Question

...to escape to the main menu and then come back into my saved game. Surprised no one else has come across this.

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

I don't think I've seen it.  Once in a great while I will get it with only one item in inventory, usually flowers.  I think I have had it with blocks once or twice.  Add more to the stack seems to fix it.  I turned the bug in months ago, I don't think they were able to recreate. 

When you say "after a bit", what does it mean exactly? After doing something in particular, or is it random?

I've seen in Creative Mode where if I place an item directly from the Cube, then pick it up into my inventory before the timer runs out, it doesn't always let me place it again.  I can add more to the stack and it would let me place those, but then stop again when it reached that last unit.  Even dropping it and picking it back up didn't seem to help.  I usually end up having to drop it on the ground and use the annihilator on it.  It has been a little while since I've seen that issue, though (probably just because I've been mostly in MP lately) and I've never seen anything like it in Explore or Online.

I mean it works for a while, then it acts and looks like it's going to work (white grid lines...etc.) but then I can't place anything. almost like the game gets tired or something. I don't know. 

Next time it happens, please attach the following files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Thank you Ane, here are the files.

It happens literally every time I build anything and am getting annoyed that after placing 5-10 thing that I have to go to the main screen, save the game and get back in. I thought that if I slept or ate it would fix it.

Please look into painting things also. It works most of the time but not all the time. So...when I made my horse pen, I wanted to paint the fence white, it worked on the gates, but I couldn't paint the fence. So I had to destroy it all and start over and dye them before I put them up. I don't want to waste time doing things twice but since it's a game - I just cut down more trees and make more nails and make new fences then dye them, then bust down the old fence and build the new one with the dyed fences...sounds tedious, doesn't it? LOL...well it is.

But what's interesting is this - so I made a bamboo chest,  tried to paint it, didn't work, then got out and got back in and I could paint it. Right now it's doing it to my statues, I can't paint them, but...maybe if I get back in now I can. I don't know.

output_log_clean.txtoutput_log.txt

• Thanks 1

Really frustrating.. :| I'm surprised it never happened to me, I did often start building my ship project from the Cube / Creation mode before importing it to Editor for detailing stage. For the "painting things", I just encountered color that will switch back to before it get painted, this could caused by error at "Save game" process; and color that change to white no matter what its, this could caused by error at "Save" in composition. All that painting issue I mentioned is happening in Editor. With the spray paint, issue like yours never happened to me neither in Explore and Creation mode.

Edited by V-Alfred

So... what I've noticed is that it happens often when I only have 1 block of something left. If I make another one it usually works. But then I always have this 1 block of whatever left so I just destroy it.

However, that is not always the case. Many times it just stops letting me for no reason that I can see. So, I get out & get back in and it works again. Just wanted to share this observation with you, I'm not sure if this helps or not.

Sure, any piece of info is useful, I'll add it to the issue so that testers are aware of it :) Thanks!