Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Issues I have with the game, along with severity level.

Question

Here are a list of issues I have with the game, with degree of severity.

High Severity Issues:

1) Lack of Editor Tools. There are very few triggers/commands we can use in the editor. If I cannot create something as simple as a Battle Royal game in Ylands, this game is doomed. A good example of what a strong editor can do is Warcraft 3. This is critical for the games success.

2) Crafting Recipes are not fully unlocked/visible in multiplayer mode, which means a player who already has access to all the buildings cannot create things unless he builds all the required tools/buildings himself. Additionally, if you have resources such as "grass", it will show you cannot create objects that require "rope".

3) No Lobby screen for Multiplayer. It's not possible to have a waiting room for games to start, which is critical for custom games that require all players to "start" at the same time.

Medium Severity Issues:

1) Lack of content. After acquiring the tools to create things, there is not much to do besides creating pretty buildings. Some great things I've seen in other games are Redstone Circuits from Minecraft, AI NPC's the player can create such as soldiers, a non-mandatory campaign the player can "beat", lots of exploring features (temples, treasure trails, etc),  and boss monsters to fight.

2) Building things is hard. This game requires too much time harvesting resources to create things such as castles. I don't want to rely on the creative mode all the time to have fun building (especially in multiplayer)

3) Non-renewable resources in a limited world makes it difficult for acquiring large amounts of resources needed for creative building and if new players join a multiplayer game they have no way of "progressing" in the game.

Low Severity Issues:

1) The following editor tools: Changing Weather, Blueprint buildings + recipes to be used in custom maps. Set Variable Value or Customize value for unit/object stats such as string name, health, max health, attack damage, movement speed, etc.

2) Fix multiplayer bugs

3) Provide things to spend money on that are non-perishable such as Mount Skins, crafting recipes for cosmetics such as gold statues.

4) Provide a difficulty setting in game which makes you get hungry faster, take more damage, etc

5) Fix Projectile bugs with Flora. Bullets and arrows hit flowers/grass which makes it difficult to hunt animals. 

6) Make it easier to access late game buildings without having to grind.

7) Make combat more rich with more potions, magic,more weapons, etc.

8) Provide more AI enemies such as an Indian War Camp or a Pirate Ship you can fight.

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Seems like your thoughts are in line with where the development is going, so stay tuned! :)

Check out the last few dev dairies on the forum, a quite a few responses to some of these have been made by the Devs

I came back after hiatus and am very happy to see the editor got a rehaul aswell as combat!

One small thing I dislike about the new combat system is the attack animations are too slow which makes it difficult to attack running enemies (I miss dying to leopards I accidentally grabbed aggro. It made me more cautious when exploring the world).

I hope the multiplayer lobby is added soon because it would really help.

I hope the visual script gets more tools... I have tons of free suggestions I can give if the creators are interested ;)

Also, I would strongly recommend reducing as many "dead" servers as possible. The only thing more disappointing than 2-3 empty servers is seeing +50 empty servers.

• Like 1