Question

Played Ylands today in the morning from 9 to ~9:30 (Berlin). Then there was an update of the server. Since then i dont get the server started-

What I tried together with the GPORTAL Support so far:

1. Generated a new token -> server not responding

2. Support moved my server to other cloud -> server not responding

3. Got Save File via FTP, deleted all Files, reinstalled server and startzed fresh without loading up the savegame, generated a new token -> server not responding

Any ideas? Wanted to play on my free day....

27 replies to this bug / suggestion

Letztes Spiele-Update

21.05.2018 09:19:01

Seems to be an issue with  the update: GPortal aswell as Nitrado Server wont show up.

Interesting.  It looks like the DS .9 update pushed out, but the client is still at the old .8 release, so the dedicated servers that updated today won't be visible or reachable from the current clients out there.

@Ane was this intended or did the DS push out too soon?

Edited by Baz Foobar

I'm confused.  0.9 update hasn't happened yet.  What update are you guys talking about?

2 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I'm confused.  0.9 update hasn't happened yet.  What update are you guys talking about?

It means that the 0.9 Software for the Dedi Server was released into the wild unintentionally, since there's no client update for 0.9 or no notice of an update from the devs.

which  also means those that updated to the newer software cannot connect to the server since the version's mismatch.

Edit: Confirming that 0.9 for DS software, just dloaded now and tested, missing Headless, still runs without it

" Ylands Version: 0.9.0.50002 trunk prod uds '0.9.0_3' " Log: https://pastebin.com/jKV4h0wG

Edited by Energritz_

We just reverted it back to the previous version, thanks for letting us know! (it was definitely not intentional)

Just a word of advice: if any hosted savegames were resaved on the 0.9 new version, they will likely not be usable on 0.8 version (but will be usable once we release the 0.9 for real). So please backup any such accidentally 'upgraded' savefiles, so that you don't lose any progress.

Omfg I hope my savegame IS the old version...my mates will tar and feather me if not :P 

(not to mention I spent 2,50€ because I thought it was GPortals fault to get another testserver)

Did someone get it working?

Meanwhile i rented 3 cloud servers.2 at gportal, one at nitrado. On both (even after reinstalling the whole Serverstuff after wiping them per ftp) the servers do not respond. Maybe it worked after  the first serverpatch but I was at work at the time I could have tested it. However ther was a second patch on 12:38.

Even on a new server, when i start it, starts and 10 seconds after force closes and creates an empty Crashes.BIN file, nothing else, anyone having same issue ?

Hello!

They fixed missed files. I have downloaded missing files. Now my server works fine. :)

I hope they are fixing the 0.9 update instead of getting the "old" version running again because my Savegames seem to be saved after the "wrong" 0.9 update 

Obviously there is no fix delivered to the files gportal or nitrado have. Wiped my servers once more...doesnt respond -.- Where can I find the server files?

Edited by Apokh

Theres no fix delivered to anywhere, im downloading files directly from steamcmd and still broken, even trying to generate a new world file, nothing works.

Dev's don't read this or didnt realized that its still broken ??

EDIT: running as administrator worked for me (be sure to update from steam for latest files)

Edited by ruizit0

But that wont work for gportal/nitrado etc. servers for you cant execute as admin there. There is no update on files or infos for 2 days now, which is pretty sad. All I want is the state of sunday when I was able to play with my friends and work together on our racing track. :S

There seems not to be any dev contact where I can send my bugreport to - I hope they fix it til friday, meanwhile I´m frustrated enough to write a first impression on steam reviews :/ 

Edited by Apokh

I'm sorry guys but I'm not sure what the issue is, it was supposed to be working since yesterday. Can you be more specific in why exactly you can't run it? Is there anyone else having issues apart from you?

I'm not sure what you mean by "there's no dev contact", I've been writing in this post :)

BTW, do you have access to the Dedicated Server Beta Feedback subforum?

So from what I've gathered, the people responsible at Nitrado will update the servers and reroll back to the current version, so hopefully you'll be able run it then, @Apokh.

Sorry for the confusion!

As you see there are otheres having issues. I have no access to the dedi servers forum, so i´m not even able to get files I cvould upload via FTP. Regarding to steam charts there are currently 150 ppl playing ylands. From these only a little amount of players find the forums (actually when having problems) so I think - maybe I´m the only one using cloud gaming servers atm. Nevertheless perhaps someone can contact me to share the "working" server files, so we can play at least over the weekend.

1 minute ago, Apokh said:

As you see there are otheres having issues. I have no access to the dedi servers forum, so i´m not even able to get files I cvould upload via FTP. Regarding to steam charts there are currently 150 ppl playing ylands. From these only a little amount of players find the forums (actually when having problems) so I think - maybe I´m the only one using cloud gaming servers atm. Nevertheless perhaps someone can contact me to share the "working" server files, so we can play at least over the weekend.

Theres a lot more people using cloud servers, i have a friend with one server at gtxgaming and he said doesnt have any problems all running good.

Open support ticket with your host asking them to fix the problem.

i did, i have a looong ticket open. They dont have any infos why the servers wont work.

Edited by Apokh