Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

Abandoning NA 15 ..moving on..

The  team has decided to move on  as NA 15  is  now at the stage of  being unplayable

a) griefers have littered the place with corpses  everywhere ..we often see new arrivals being   chased by  dumbasses   and   they are getting scared off playing ..  the  dumbasses  then run away and hide in a hole  when they see someone  with a saber  looking for them. brave, aren't they?  

b)Hordes of  zombies standing around  spawn point are lagging the place  to "death"  why people  arrive  and    the  don't do anythig or go anywhere  amazes  me ...why do they come here?

c) The welcome area at spawn  was partly  successful but too much work ...most time was spent repairing and restocking  after people  literally  took anything  they could. Also defending ourselves and  new starters  who were not   fully equipped to defend

d)  Although some were appreciative, and we met  some really nice   people to invite to our   future exploits,  we got  tired of the   imbeciles  with  filthy  or inappropriate names  who would  often confront us   with  crude words  and aggressive  actions..  anyone who calls me a  Motherf...er  deserves to be shot ...and they were. Kids ..or    adults  with kids  brains ...o.O

e) people   litter   the place   causing lag,  all the wildlife was   nearly  eliminated, and the place was looking like   the moon with all the craters

So what now? well we discussed running 2  concurrent  games, under  0.9 one where we  invite people    to  a  closed  game, and  have identical buildings set up on a public server away from spawn so we can meet new people.   new  arrivals  will have to  fend  for themselves  without is being wet nurses. people we  know  we  might send a taxi ... if  the ship bugs  are fixed:D ( crosses   fingers...)

we  will give instructions  privately  where  people  who want    pve and creativity etc  can find us.

Come on  0.9!    in the meantime we will be on a  pvte  server  closed  game...

But no worry,  you will  still see pics and such of our  builds  

Prods  BI  for the 0.9  update asap  :P

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the welcome and it was certainly nice seeing the arrival area you had created. I know you struggled with bugs and griefers but a few of us did appreciate it.

NA 15 was a lot of fun  ..we learned a lot,  found  exploits to be fixed  and   got  good ideas for our  next adventure. For those who came along  and   we appreciated their time etc,  do not worry... there will new adventures and you will be invited:D

The  following  final  screenshot of NA 15  says it  all from me....

The  griefers  did not  win...  now  they have one less place to play their  games,  and also we have their  BI  account numbers to exclude  them next time...

good people ascend into heaven......      griefers  go to hell :P

20180522105053_1.jpg

So I'm guessing the server restart didn't help?

it  did  Ane...but there are so many "dead people"  around  that lagged it, ...many have the same   names and same   avatar. ( check  photos above ... theres heaps  more on the ground and scattered  around  .or on the  buildings ) Also we spent  a lot of time cleaning up rubbish  ie  bark resin  stone clumps...  that there was not time to explore, and  finally  the  griefers  with obscene names kept  arriving and attacked  anyone unarmed   or in some  cases  unaware because they, busy restocking  supplies that had been pilfered or building to make their place more secure. Several times i  caught  some guy/girl  running around  punching to death  every offline avatar standing around,  and   i got sworn  at when i asked them  not to do it.

When someone  new arrived they had to make their building  secured  in record time   before they logged out  or it would  fill with squatters  or get damaged. You cannot  gather materials  and stuff and  build  in less than an hour ,.. some of  us  did by co operative  effort. It was not uncommon to see a newly welcomed player  floating in the water after    morons    hijacked their  ship before they had the  advancement to secure it. 

It  was  disheartening, Ane,  and  many who came left   from frustration  at seeing their flower gardens ripped up, tamed horses  in corrals  killed or   piles of dead   bodies on their doorstep.

We decided to move on and do  better    when  the  0.9 arrives  and do it  on a server where we   can invite...or uninvitedB|

• Upvote 1

I don't know if server admins have the ability already but it might be useful to have a Summon Player command.

If the spawn started filling up like NA15 did, you could build an oubliette in a quiet spot and summon the abandoned bodies there. Just in case the player did come back, an unlocked way out would be appropriate but for the griefers, a jail cell or crypt could be used instead.

• Upvote 2

hi tkerst ...all is not lost... we are sitting in "limbo" waiting for 0.9 and then   we will tell you where we are going.

NA 15 got to  unplayable  wit  the  kiddies ruing around trying to ruin everything....  we are looking for a place where us  mature minded people can create  with our  brains  and   not have to do with  mindless imbeciles that we saw  on NA 15

we shall return... !  :D

• Upvote 1

Man Im going to miss you guys I was wondering why the server was so quiet. It is quiet Boring being the only one there and I just finished my house. But I hope to see you all again.

• Like 1

@Atlantians11 ..we are not "gone"  just re-locating. NA 15   got too laggy with all the corpses and the idiots  griefing.... when 0.9  arrives   (  ????????O.o ) we will be  re-establishing on another server,  possibly  password  protected,

At the moment  we are mucking  around in limbo,  on a pvte server which has limited  capacity,  but  keeping us amused  in the meantime.

Keep in  touch ...  :D and we will advise  when   where  and  whatever 

9 hours ago, Atlantians11 said:

Man Im going to miss you guys I was wondering why the server was so quiet. It is quiet Boring being the only one there and I just finished my house. But I hope to see you all again.

Join us on our discord so you will know where we set up.

NA 22 is in need of some TLC, if anybody's game.  It's still largely untouched, but some griefer dug a pit right at spawn.  I only made it out because I know how to spam jump to climb walls.  I built a "floor" over the pit, and less than an hour later I ran into a violent griefer.  Unlucky for him, I already had iron armor and weapons.  He kept respawning and kept dying at the hands of me and another player who was there.  (He might have knocked out the floor since I left.)

I'm already setting up base on another island, but I'd be happy to come back with some resources like sisal if anyone's interested.  (Not using my PB; that's already in use.)  I'll be there on and off through the weekend; I do have RL errands to do.

• Haha 1

I will have to stop by and see what you guys are doing over there.