Sign in to follow this  
JMeJ2

Mining helmet definitely needs an on off hotkey.

Question

Takes a bit to craft, should be able to turn on at will. Yes?

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

This is something that we'd definitely like to implement, but there's no defined date at this point :)

• Thanks 1

I've seen players complain about the lag (or really, the long wait time) for the light to come one when entering a dark area or at dusk. Have also noted the same myself, but just learned to deal with it.

Seems to me, that if a player can turn it on at will, and turns it on in bright light, there should be a penalty (perhaps needing to recharge it?). Because that's akin to when someone leaves all the lights in the house on and never turns a SINGLE ONE OFF! ahem.

3 hours ago, stlnegril9 said:

I've seen players complain about the lag (or really, the long wait time) for the light to come one when entering a dark area or at dusk. Have also noted the same myself, but just learned to deal with it.

Seems to me, that if a player can turn it on at will, and turns it on in bright light, there should be a penalty (perhaps needing to recharge it?). Because that's akin to when someone leaves all the lights in the house on and never turns a SINGLE ONE OFF! ahem.

Except that in real life, lights don't use more energy if they're on during the day than they do at night.  It's the same amount of power at any time of day.  Making a distinction is unrealistic and unnecessary.  In the game, lanterns stay on constantly, crystals give off light constantly, and a flashlight never requires any recharge.

Then there's the unbelievable cost of building a charging station (30 Ylandium plus a power source) that would basically make them not worth it if we had to constantly recharge them.

This is not a hardcore survival game.  There's no point in making things difficult purely for the sake of making them difficult.

A simple on/off switch is enough.

• Upvote 2