Marco Oliveira

Improve exploration with more land more cars and more goals

Question

Here's a list of tips to delve into the Ylands

(all these my suggestions could also create a new game mode like "Adventure")

Continents / or an option before generating the world more land:

Instead of an archipelago of islands, the world of Ylands is composed of continents, Continents divided by the ocean, the world being made up of more land would be more interesting for players to build automobiles to move between points on the continent(even because even if you create the car, it is restricted to that island .. could even make a ship that could carry you but .. would not be practical). It would encourage the creation of ports in each continent that it can have varied and unique biomes.

(if you can also create roads or even dirt roads, something that generates the world to remember a way to facilitate the transit of cars, something like the roads of the game "Kenshi" paths that refer to what was once a road).

New beome:

biome with volcanoes.

Motivation for exploration:

Create small goals to motivate the exploration and even the solo game as you search for islands that have ancient ruins with traps and unique rewards and even achievements on Steam.

Give a very cliché example: we have 3 ruins; Jungle, Desert and Tundra.

In order to be able to explore the ruin of the desert, you first need some artifact or item that manages to ruin the jungle, and the tundra an item of desert ruin ... and so on.

Well, I hope I contributed something.

Thank you =)

continents biome.png

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

59 minutos atrás, TheSparkPlug disse:

Então, se você entrar corretamente, você quer se livrar dos ylands em Ylands :P

not no, I used the word continents but they can be big islands if you prefer, let's say that the Ylands is made up of 50% ocean and 50% land, how much to increase the size to 75% land (or even an option for this to generate the world) I will summarize my suggestion: Larger islands to be able to travel with cars and objectives with progression (as in the example of the ruins).

Edited by Marco Oliveira
ingles

The way I understand, you'd like a variation where instead of 3 or 4 desert ylands, there would be 1 larger desert land mass, and similar possibilities for other biomes.  I kind of like the idea, depending on how it's implemented.

Larger lands would increase the need for a good horse or car.  And I would extend the idea by suggesting if we had much larger ylands, they could be mixed biomes.  (Sensible mixes, not desert and arctic.)  Given the way hot/cold areas are managed in the game right now, I don't think it would be very difficult.

One downside is that larger ylands means more objects clustered together in the game, which is one of the issues affecting performance right now.  Maybe it could be more possible after some improvements.

I would like to see lava added to the game.  Active exploding  volcanoes might be hard to do, but lava lakes and such could be fun.

34 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

The way I understand, you'd like a variation where instead of 3 or 4 desert ylands, there would be 1 larger desert land mass, and similar possibilities for other biomes.  I kind of like the idea, depending on how it's implemented.

Larger lands would increase the need for a good horse or car.  And I would extend the idea by suggesting if we had much larger ylands, they could be mixed biomes.  (Sensible mixes, not desert and arctic.)  Given the way hot/cold areas are managed in the game right now, I don't think it would be very difficult.

One downside is that larger ylands means more objects clustered together in the game, which is one of the issues affecting performance right now.  Maybe it could be more possible after some improvements.

I would like to see lava added to the game.  Active exploding  volcanoes might be hard to do, but lava lakes and such could be fun.

yeah, how much processing really would be greater in that case, but, my idea was to make the car something more useful, than just building it and going round the island for no purpose, like stocking more items, moving faster on the ground.

and the idea of ruins or temples, to encourage and reward the player to make these trips.

I know that the game is in early acess but I do not want the game to be a great sandbox game without a purpose (let's make a ship! Ok, and then, I do not know .. navigate from island to island to see the same things ..)