Eldon12

Game crash- Adequate hardware ?

Question

While playing game will crash.  Is my hardware adequate ?     me of this report: 5/29/2018, 18:04:25
       Machine name: ALPHA-G6PZ322
   Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_ltsb.180410-0600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Alienware
       System Model: ASM100
               BIOS: A00
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130T CPU @ 2.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 4050MB RAM
          Page File: 3556MB used, 3158MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.17415 64bit Unicode

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

It (almost) meets the specs listed as "Minimum" - out of my experience this is never recommendable. The CPU also is much to weak. 3.6GhZ is recommended. Also you did not post your GPU - which is a reasonable part of a gaming rig.

Edited by Apokh

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS: Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (64-bit Operating System Required)
  • Processor: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz processor
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: discrete DirectX 11 GPU with at least 1GB of VRAM

DirectX: Version 11

• Network: Broadband Internet connection

Storage: 2 GB available space

Those are minimum requirements,  based of your system specs no its no sufficient. This game also requires a dedicated gpu which you do not have. You are running graphics off your cpu, Intel HD 4400. however even if you had a dedicated graphics card your cpu would struggle as its just under minimum requirements, doesn't mean that it couldn't run as long as your ok with lower fps.  Also you only have 4gb of ram which is minimum requirements for this game, however i highly recommend upgrading to 8gb ram. give you wiggle room for other programs you may have running. 

*edit* https://ark.intel.com/products/77481/Intel-Core-i3-4130T-Processor-3M-Cache-2_90-GHz there is link to your cpu and its specs. 

Edited by Denderion
  • Upvote 1

My CPU runs at 2.6 GHz and the game runs perfectly fine - even with my main world, which has a heavily developed island, lots of energy lines, very complex builds, and a couple of massive ships!. I don’t think his CPU is the issue.

As Denderion says, more memory may stop the crashing.

How does the game play prior to crashing?

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, TheSparkPlug said:

My CPU runs at 2.6 GHz and the game runs perfectly fine - even with my main world, which has a heavily developed island, lots of energy lines, very complex builds, and a couple of massive ships!. I don’t think his CPU is the issue.

thats why i did say it didnt mean they couldnt play the game, but would have to accept lower fps. i know all to well about being under min req with cpu. using a fx-4350 myself. which by todays standards is under powered. overall their number one problem is no dedicated graphics card. all gpu work is being loaded onto their cpu via integrated graphics. even if they got more RAM a dedicated gpu is still needed i would say. 

*edit* also looking at the cpu from the link i posted earlier this cpu can only handle graphics cards with 2gb vram or less.

Edited by Denderion

My system is an  i3, but i have 16 gb os   and a Nvidia GTX750 ti graphics. I also purchased (for $70)  a western digital  1Tb external  plug in  external drive and  use it to store all pictures  and  videos etc to free up the  standard 500 gig  HD...  and   I ave no issues running Ylands.    but   sometimes  it does lag  and obviously a  better system would give better  results  ( its 5 years old and that's  ancient in  computer years):)

• Upvote 1

My PC still struggles with this game LOL!

i7-4820k CPU @ 3.70GHz  Processor

32 GB  RAM

GeForce GTX 1050Ti 4GB Dedicated  GPU

2TB  HDD (over a TB free space)

This machine is 5 years old.

• Downvote 1

only as good as the connection ....  mine  tied to the internet  by wet  knotted string,  an Australian  standard....:)

15 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

H Thanks. I will add ram. And we are moving to a better wifi.

10 hours ago, kimbuck said:

only as good as the connection ....  mine  tied to the internet  by wet  knotted string,  an Australian  standard....:)

I think you named my problem. I noticed Ylands ran much better when my three grandchildren were at school and their tablets were not running minecraft. We are switching to Vios next week.

You only seem to "hear" the answers you want to without answering the questions that are basic for playing the game. There are way to find out, if the internet connection makes the difference (the magic word here is "ping") or which of your hardware is the bottleneck (magic word "GPU-Z" and "CPU-Z" or just "MSI Afterburner").Better internet won´t make a change when the pc does not meet the requirements. But good luck...

Edited by Apokh

1 hour ago, Apokh said:

You only seem to "hear" the answers you want to without answering the questions that are basic for playing the game. There are way to find out, if the internet connection makes the difference (the magic word here is "ping") or which of your hardware is the bottleneck (magic word "GPU-Z" and "CPU-Z" or just "MSI Afterburner").Better internet won´t make a change when the pc does not meet the requirements. But good luck...

Since my social security and military disability checks aren’t enough to pay for better hardware at this time I’m hoping the new wifi system improves my game. It will be $70.00 a month cheaper. I lowered the FPS setting. That did help. Thank you for your help.

When   someone in our  household  decides to "skype" with friends using a  laptop  linked to the  wifi connection of my router,  my fps  drops and lag increases. For the record  my   modem/router has both wifi and ethernet... the pc is connected via   ethernet  cable and that made a big difference to the original  wifi  connection. Also i have a cordless  mouse... and  it was laggy  at first   until i solved the problem by  unplugging the  mouse wifi receiver from the  back of the  pc and  attaching a USB  cable  which  i ran to   just behind the  keyboard  to be near where the mouse  is used. I  put the  wifi receiver in that end of the  USB cable and taped it  to  the  desk to stop it moving ...   lag be gone! :D

Your problem  could be one or  more of  multiple  issues...   having a  PC that  just meets the  specifications could be one, but i know of others in my neighborhood that have PC's  that   are either  clockwork or   contain  thermionic valves and they seem to have no issues with  most  online games  ....even PUBG, which mine  struggled with. You are better  off consulting a real expert  than listening to the  various panaceas from us  "bush technicians":D

( nudges    someone sitting alongside me and  making  big   soppy  eyes hinting   for a new   i7    ..and a  better internet connection...)   :D ...  hmmm  ever  heard the   term levitating bacon? ¬¬

• Upvote 1

WIFI for onlinegames is never an adequate solution. Use DLAN instead if your router is too far away.

On 6/1/2018 at 6:40 PM, kimbuck said:

When   someone in our  household  decides to "skype" with friends using a  laptop  linked to the  wifi connection of my router,  my fps  drops and lag increases. For the record  my   modem/router has both wifi and ethernet... the pc is connected via   ethernet  cable and that made a big difference to the original  wifi  connection. Also i have a cordless  mouse... and  it was laggy  at first   until i solved the problem by  unplugging the  mouse wifi receiver from the  back of the  pc and  attaching a USB  cable  which  i ran to   just behind the  keyboard  to be near where the mouse  is used. I  put the  wifi receiver in that end of the  USB cable and taped it  to  the  desk to stop it moving ...   lag be gone! :D

Your problem  could be one or  more of  multiple  issues...   having a  PC that  just meets the  specifications could be one, but i know of others in my neighborhood that have PC's  that   are either  clockwork or   contain  thermionic valves and they seem to have no issues with  most  online games  ....even PUBG, which mine  struggled with. You are better  off consulting a real expert  than listening to the  various panaceas from us  "bush technicians":D

( nudges    someone sitting alongside me and  making  big   soppy  eyes hinting   for a new   i7    ..and a  better internet connection...)   :D ...  hmmm  ever  heard the   term levitating bacon? ¬¬

Thanks. I’ll try the usb to mouse trick . I checked out my son-in-laws computer. He is a comcast tech / gamer. His connection is ethernet and mouse/keyboard are wired.