Sign in to follow this  
SyxtySyx

This guy...

A few months back, I downvoted a comment that this user posted that I thought was racial, off color, and non constructive. I'm sure he or she meant it as a joke.

Today, he or she scoured the forums downvoting everything he or she could find posted by me. 

negative.jpg

russian.jpg

Edited by SyxtySyx

Oh wow, "down-vote" is sacred.. It can light "wild fire" if used at wrong person or reason.. ¬¬ Should we summon her who shouldn't be summoned? :D

• Haha 1

I'm not super butt hurt.

Is it a coinsidence that the only 2 posts that I have ever downvoted were posted by members that have -1 reputations?

19 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

Is it a coinsidence that the only 2 posts that I have ever downvoted were posted by members that have -1 reputations?

He got similar problem even before with you. I guess, he is kind a guy who likes "harsh-direct" and sarcasm which sometimes make people misunderstanding especially with strangers. 

From my point of view his "revenge" act isn't right, and clearly show how immature he is. Oh man, just be patient and thinking clearly, don't get triggered. Let @Ane take a look and take wise action. :)

I don't know if it is the same person, but I disagreed with what a poster said and downvoted. She/he went on a downvoting spree as well. I guess it made them feel better?

• Like 1

Î dont get why to downvote a post which you already recognized as a joke...but the carma-fairy got it ;P

45 minutes ago, Apokh said:

Î dont get why to downvote a post which you already recognized as a joke...but the carma-fairy got it ;P

Just calling something a "joke" does not automatically excuse it.  Even a funny and perfectly valid joke can still be inappropriate for the forum.

The fact that the person went on a downvoting rampage in retaliation reveals a lot about the character of the person.

• Like 2

They've been warned :)

You are of course free to downvote a post when you see fit, but there should be a reason for it, and going on a "downvoting spree" is definitely not cool.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ane said:

You are of course free to downvote a post when you see fit, but there should be a reason for it, and going on a "downvoting spree" is definitely not cool.

Yep, not cool.. :D btw this can be our lesson to implement something in the forum, like 'need to or must' put reason on downvote just like when editing a post, so person who got downvoted and readers knows why it's downvoted.

Cool, lesson learned. B| xD

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, SyxtySyx said:

A few months back, I downvoted a comment that this user posted that I thought was racial, off color, and non constructive. I'm sure he or she meant it as a joke.

Today, he or she scoured the forums downvoting everything he or she could find posted by me. 

Who really cares about down votes or up votes?  It's not like people who are interested in a topic say to themselves,  Hmm this has been down voted I better not read it.  I think most people don't even look at how many downs or ups they have.  It's social nonsense to care what someone you don't even know thinks about something you write so don't take it personally.

• Like 1

It can effect reputation.  Which is only important if you are not well known on the forum. Not important IRL but it could effect you on the forum. I dunno.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Onedown said:

Who really cares about down votes or up votes?  It's not like people who are interested in a topic say to themselves,  Hmm this has been down voted I better not read it.  I think most people don't even look at how many downs or ups they have.  It's social nonsense to care what someone you don't even know thinks about something you write so don't take it personally.

Hahaha, oh well, if 'someone' doesn't really cares, they won't give a **it when downvoted. Like bojo said, it affect reputation, and reputation in forum is like value of you. From reputation, people are able to know how good/trustworthy you're, etc. :D I know it's not fair for newcomer, but this system is commonly used in many forums and seems working fine. ;)

• Like 1