Ane

0.9: Comfortable Cooperation (08/06/2018)

CHANGELOG

Comfortable Cooperation - 08/06/2018

THE_LINE.png

THE_LINE.png

HIGHLIGHTS

• Sharegames. When playing a Multiplayer game which is not hosted on a Dedicated Server, the usual problem is that as soon as the host goes offline, others can't access the game world. This is no longer an issue when you turn your MP game into what we call a "Sharegame". At that moment, it gets uploaded to the cloud, and when you go offline anyone you let join the game can simply continue playing it. At that moment, they become the host and if you come back online and want to return to your world, you just join the already active game. We provide all players with some free cloud space and number of sharegames they can have (it counts only towards data quota / sharegame slots of the owner of the game, not those who just join), which should be enough for a regular gameplay. If you require more, you can upgrade to a higher tier by paying with coyns. More info can be found here: https://ylands.com/community/topic/21252-sharegames-faq/
  • Blueprints. Blueprints are outlines of premade structures that you can put in your game. All you have to do is supply resources, and the structure will be built automatically. That means you don't have to build the structure by hand, which will save you a lot of time and effort. You can capture your own blueprints inside your barrier with a blueprint camera. You can also claim some for free and purchase some through the in-game store. In the future, we're also planning to put blueprints into the world for you to find as treasure.
  • New GUI. In this update you will find the first iteration of the new GUI. It should be less confusing in many ways, more consistent across the whole game, and deal better with anything from future mobile platforms to high resolution PCs. For now it doesn't support gamepad nor keyboard controls - that will obviously change in the near future. We have great plans with it and you will see it improve with every single update.
  • Single avatar appearance with a unique name. Starting with 0.9 you no longer select your avatar's appearance and its name when entering a new game. When you run this update for the first time you will be asked to create your game name, which will be unique for each player. You will be able to change it one more time after that, but that's it, so choose your name carefully. Your avatar's appearance can be changed as many times as you like from the Home section in the Main Menu. All your characters in both new and existing games will change their appearance to fit your choice.
  • Direct game download. It is no longer necessary to go to the Ylands Workshop to subscribe to a game so that it gets downloaded and can be played - right now you can simply select what you want to play right without leaving the Ylands application (please note that creators still need to upload their creations via workshop.ylands.com).
  • More editor options. It's now possible to edit even some very specific object settings in the editor - change object descriptions, how much and what kind of damage a weapon does etc. And this is just the beginning :) 

THE_LINE.png

NEW FEATURES

• Players can now start games where players can't hurt each other (PvE)
  • Adjusted stack count dialog now allows for a more precise control. Players can also enter the count into an input box.
  • Added default voxel colors in each region for better results when working with terraformer
  • Lowered color blending distance for voxels (almost no visual impact, but new games should generate a bit faster)
  • Log drop rates from adult trees increased by 100%
  • Building block adjustments 
  • Extended Protective barrier range to 90x90x90m

We are in the process of unifying all building block sets. This will come in several steps:

- Removing colors from names of building blocks, since everything can be painted now
- Renaming building blocks, so that names always contain the word BLOCK for easy search (so no more panels, platforms, beams and others, just blocks); searching for BLOCK should give all results also for roofs, pillars and stairs
- Unifying railings and fences under the keyword FENCE
- Creating default building block sets and disabling the few blocks that don't fit into it 

Things that will be done in 0.10:

- Completing all sets for all types of building blocks, so that players find every available block in every set

THE_LINE.png

NEW ASSETS

• Wooden door
  • Blueprint camera

THE_LINE.png

FIXES

• Fixed bear reproduction rates
  • Changed voxel types in some regions to better reflect their colors
  • Boosted energy heaters to make them more useful
  • Small energy switch and energy switch are now padlockable
  • Fixed Ylandium lantern exploit
  • Fixed burning candle overheating player when held in hands
  • Horse hides now stack up to 5 in the inventory, as all the other hides do
  • Fixed flax bundles in medieval gate encounter
  • Ignite actions on explosives renamed to Ignite explosive
  • Removed Vulture and Seagull from the Cube
  • Fixed Medieval library tower encounter- key now fits the chest key
  • Corals and seashells now drop pigments upon destruction
  • Tombstone dropped after player death now despawns after 12 in-game hours (24 minutes with default settings)
  • Lowered player tombstone HP so players can easily destroy it if it's in the way
  • [YLD-9720] Inconsistent colors of text symbols on scribbled tombstones/signs
  • [YLD-9701] Combat music was delayed sometimes
  • [YLD-9292] Combat music didn't stop and continued even after relog and respawn
  • [YLD-9560] Predator warning music was attached to an avatar after a battle
  • [YLD-9669] Fixed sleeping not being usable for some players due to the "Sleeping panel is open for someone else" error being shown when it shouldn't.
  • [YLD-9664] You could unlink energy circuits in other player's barrier
  • [YLD-9305] You could lose protection benefits from the barrier
  • [YLD-9631] When you clicked the random button to generate a new character, other boxes (head, sex and hair) did not change
  • [YLD-9630] Couldn't open pirate crate in the game
  • [YLD-9463] Mark armor didn't have its own category
  • [YLD-9206] Armor bonuses were not properly sorted in the tooltip
  • [YLD-9457] Lights on helmets and flashlights didn't turn on when it was dark
  • [YLD-9454] You could easily delete your text in notes if you moved your mouse
  • [YLD-9423] Compass was not visible on game load
  • [YLD-9407] There was a levitating conifer in the Siege scenario
  • [YLD-9400] Wrong hint for Decorations section in the inventory
  • [YLD-9351] Too many decorations that can't be placed will not be confirmed and no error is displayed
  • [YLD-9392] Bamboo ladders were not working
  • [YLD-9368] The brick house did not have a floor on the Racing Track
  • [YLD-9367] The large cars (Food truck and the other one) did not have driver's seats on the Racing Track
  • [YLD-9335] Favourite skins were not persistent
  • [YLD-9242] Time trigger triggered at a specific point in time could get into an infinite cycle
  • [YLD-9099] Wrong sitting on suitcase sofa
  • [YLD-8806] Item instantly landed on the ground when dropped from height
  • [YLD-8049] "Carrot nose" item name changed to "Carrot"
  • [YLD-7750] Items drop sound when breaking apart tree
  • [YLD-5106] Crossbow draw sound starts playing immediately after player shoots
  • [YLD-7571] Wrong Czech translation of drive belt
  • [YLD-7570] Wrong translation of catapult's LOAD
  • [YLD-6869] One stage of charcoal kiln had non-consistent translation to Czech 
  • [YLD-6633] Objects and Compositions tabs in Editor were not translated
  • [YLD-7516] Graphical issues with Siege scenario
  • [YLD-5775] Eating and feeding doesn't turn off idle animation
  • [YLD-4667] Light producing items shone too much in the inventory
  • [YLD-9333] [DS] Ship couldn't be annihilated even when all parts were destroyed
  • [YLD-9548] [Editor] You couldn't select again some animals with LMB
  • [YLD-10413] [Editor] You can steal ownership of placed object with UNDO/REDO
  • [YLD-9399] [GUI] Holding animation changed when you changed the skin of the item
  • [YLD-9484] [MP] Freezes after picking the items from another player
  • [YLD-9618] [MP] Clients saw active animals' models after they killed them
  • [YLD-9047] [MP] New character broke the game for host when sleeping vote was on
  • [YLD-9045] [MP] Items placed in free placing mode by client teleported to the ground instead of falling
  • [YLD-3476] [MP] A desync could happen when placing a lot of items
  • [YLD-1028] [MP] Missing player list and any information regarding connections and disconnection of players
  • [YLD-9384] [MP] Clients would have to switch an item skin to the default one before changing a premium skin to another one
  • [YLD-10418] [MP] Clients can't move parts of item stacks in their inventory, only the whole stacks
  • [MP]: Streaming overhaul - new streaming implementation and congestion control strategy should improve MP performance and latency during normal gameplay
  • [MP]: Network error 2 (Sequence out of range) should no longer occur, the game attempts to recover gracefully and continue instead - though the gameplay may not be ideal if the network connection is not up to the task
  • [MP]: Resolved some scenarios of commands from the client getting lost before ever being sent to the server (which could result in the server not registering some client actions).

THE_LINE.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Need to do some repairs on my motorcycle but I cant now !

thank you very much :)

1 hour ago, Vilos Cohaagen said:

Sounds great though calling the next update 0.10 rather than 0.91, 0.95 or 1.0 is confusing!

I agree,  0.10 is essentially = to 0.1 *shrug*  but it's their game so I guess they can confuse people it they so desire.

so, ugh, i kinda don't like new hud in game: you don't see what happens in the world anymore (both esc and tab), while menu was not changed in size (buttons and icons), it only spread out to sides of screen leaving unnecessary space between that does nothing. i mean, do i miss how that can be good? or even that's just me who likes to see world around while in menu?

edit1: when game flickers at loading games in list cursor vanishes from the game. too bad we have no keyboard controls lol

edit2: i still teleport while playing with someone who sits next to me to the point of frustration (nothing changed). also can't ctrl+move items to my inventory, only from (it moves whole stack, so that didn't change too)

edit3: i still can eat stuff if switch fast enough and also can plant infinite amount of plants with 2 seeds. lantern still have effects that is seen though higher layers of hud

edit4: this problem with linking

Edited by Brbrmensch
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Brbrmensch said:

so, ugh, i kinda don't like new hud in game: you don't see what happens in the world anymore (both esc and tab), while menu was not changed in size (buttons and icons), it only spread out to sides of screen leaving unnecessary space between that does nothing. i mean, do i miss how that can be good? or even that's just me who likes to see world around while in menu?

same for me, it feeels like i would switch out of the game into a  website just by opening the inventory. Right now it makes me so unhappy that i registered to the forum, something i´ve tried to avoid since battlenetforum 10 years ago ;)

• Upvote 1

For those of us who run Dedicated Servers, the headless monitor functionality is missing.  Not a show stopper but this prevents us from gracefully shutting down and sending system-wide broadcasts, among other administrative functions readily available from the console.

Anyone else facing large performance issues (dedi server)?

I dont like the new ingame menues - where has the "take all" button gone?

As for not liking the new GUI :  (let's leave aside that some things are still not working as they should since we'll fix/improve that eventually). We have experience from another developed games that every single major GUI change (I'm not talking about changing a button here and there or tweaking a color scheme) always results in large number of complaints. Don't get me wrong - complaining about the new GUI is just as valid feedback as any other and since we are interested in hearing what you have to say we even created a specific thread where we will gather you thoughts. 

https://ylands.com/community/topic/21448-new-ylands-gui/

On the other hand we will definitely want to give it some time before we react so that we get more relevant feedback and see how it works after everyone gets over the initial "shock" :) We have plans on how to build upon this, how empty space will be utilized, some buttons will be added / returned etc. but since we couldn't put it all into this build, tell us how you like what you see now.

Another thing - normally we try to avoid releasing the updates on Friday. Unfortunately, if we haven't released it today, due to some technical issues it would be released later next week which after so many delays felt wrong. Finally - after a long, long time - we will be taking some rest this weekend so we might not react that much, but we will be watching the forums to see if there are any critical issues and act, if necessary. We'll be back in full strength on Monday, ready to answer all your questions and concerns. In the meantime have a great weekend as well and stay classy! :) 

Edited: removed part about version numbering that will be explained later in more detail

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It looks like I will wait before I try it out. I really don't want to abandon my full nickname, Miguel Preguisa. And my tries failed  :(  Does anybody know what symbol could I use instead of these commonly used? :/

2018-06-08.thumb.png.5c4c3aa6894bdbbde06b112621309af5.png

5b1acc921fea6_2018-06-08(1).thumb.png.6649cd8166ea195db33fb7e3cacd397f.png

5b1acc9ace65f_2018-06-08(2).thumb.png.03e53fedcd1a55e1e318378a947dbad0.png

• Downvote 1

Only basic alphanumeric characters are allowed - no spaces, no dots, underscore etc. You'd should probably go with MiguelPreguisa
(we'll change the hints to make it more obvious, sorry about that)

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Only basic alphanumeric characters are allowed - no spaces, no dots, underscore etc. You'd should probably go with MiguelPreguisa

That's bummer :S  Thanks for the reply, I hope nobody stole me it as a joke in those 3 minutes xD

• Downvote 1

Smth is terribly wrong. I have GPU at 40% CPU at 20% and 3FPS. (Ryzen 7, GTX1070 OC, DDR4, SSD)

EDIT: Not in Singleplayer.

EDIT: After struggeling with the 2 FPS I found out it had sth to do with my recently seeded Echinacea Field.

(Dont build Plants on Ships!!!)

Edited by Apokh
  • Haha 1

You're welcome :)

Also everyone please note that since this naming feature is very new there may be some issues even though we tested it a lot. Don't worry if due to some mistake or error you end up with some unwanted name. We will obviously help you resolve it if necessary.

28 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Yes, good idea ! It will reject some stupid names from servers !

Edited by Patwar

I got in, linked my account, picked my name, bought some stuff with coyns, started to play on my last game and I showed up as some bald dude, then got out,  and now I get back in and it isn't me & it says my name has been taken because I created it. I don't know what to do. I can't play and I want my stuff back. How do I relogin as myself?

Edited by JMeJ2

I liked the new features.
Unfortunately the new visuals (the inventory screen / craft etc) is in a state where I personally can't see anything. There isn't much contrast. This way I'm just not able to play. I also found it too bright.

Awesome, good job Ylands Team! Thank you!

Alright guys, let the hunt for 'unexpected features' begin! :D

14 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

Awesome, good job Ylands Team! Thank you!

Alright guys, let the hunt for 'unexpected features' begin! :D

So far I see campfires allow 12 items to cook instead of 9.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Sortin said:

So far I see campfires allow 12 items to cook instead of 9.

Thats one of awesome features, "unexpected features" I said above is another word for bug & glitch. :D

Programmers know that old joke. xD

Edited by V-Alfred

The HUD not showing the world is noted. But, so far, I've lived with it. I suppose there could be some time when I'm in danger and need to look at inventory, etc. and it gets me killed.

I prefer not to get killed. We'll see.

Still learning and exploring. TY Ylands/BI for the 0.9!

the  new  GIU  is a bit  gooey  to use..but we should   get used to it  ..eventually  otherwise    yay!:D