Ane

0.9: Comfortable Cooperation (08/06/2018)

While moving items around inside a container (seed box in this case) the items do not change position until I close and reopen the container.

(What can I say?  I like my things organized.)

I'm in MP, on Explore NA 10.  Have not tried it in SP.

EDIT:  Exited and rejoined the server, and the problem stopped.  Strange.

If anyone is curious, by the way...  It looks like the public servers have been wiped and restarted.  Explore NA 10 has been, at least.

Edited by Indomitus

Hey Dev's/Ane, just wondering if you changed the location of where you spawn after dying. I died on one bio and respawned back on the starter.

7 hours ago, JMeJ2 said:

I got in, linked my account, picked my name, bought some stuff with coyns, started to play on my last game and I showed up as some bald dude, then got out,  and now I get back in and it isn't me & it says my name has been taken because I created it. I don't know what to do. I can't play and I want my stuff back. How do I relogin as myself?

Same thing happened to me.. Got in, played for a few hours and adjusted to GUI... close game to see how to do this Saveshare stuff so i linked account... then i relaunch and "Create a name" -- "That name is in use" 

halp

• Upvote 1

Tall Conifers apparently now give enough logs from one tree to make an entire Tall Mast.  Nice.  The ship builders will love that one.

• Like 1

The only thing that bothering me right now is, the fact that when you open inventory/crafting menu you're become "blind" not knowing your surroundings especially in aggressive Multiplayer is pretty bad.. :/

When taking control of the helm of my large ship, there is no animation of him taking the wheel, and the compass widget (upper right) is completely missing.  I tried logging out and back in, but the result is the same.  I have no compass to guide my ship!

I tried in Creative mode, and it does the exact same thing.  This is a big problem.

DE4C8AA56CCF03D93FE74543D2E82367E3640871

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

Hey Dev's/Ane, just wondering if you changed the location of where you spawn after dying. I died on one bio and respawned back on the starter.

Mm no, we haven't done any changes as far as I know. Anyone else with the same issue? What biome was it?

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Ane said:

Mm no, we haven't done any changes as far as I know. Anyone else with the same issue? What biome was it?

It was on a Polar Bio, happened twice. I've just made sure not to die again. I'll keep you posted if it happens again to myself or anyone else. Thanks for your  asap feedback Ane :)

9 minutes ago, Indian Chief said:

It was on a Polar Bio, happened twice. I've just made sure not to die again. I'll keep you posted if it happens again to myself or anyone else. Thanks for your  asap feedback Ane :)

Oh, so this is intended actually. If you die on the Polar biome you don't respawn on the same yland, because the chances of surviving there are quite low :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ane said:

Oh, so this is intended actually. If you die on the Polar biome you don't respawn on the same yland, because the chances of surviving there are quite low :)

Thanks Ane, totally understand why it's in place :)

6 hours ago, Ane said:

what if i want the challenge of the low chance of surviving haha. i do get why we dont spawn there, however will we ever be able to set our spawn locations using beds or perhaps a new workstation that sets your spawn point. could make it require ylandium and be a ylandium energy workstation. kind of like the borderlands new-U system. here is a description from the wiki "New-U Stations are antenna-like terminals scattered throughout Pandora, primarily located at outposts and transition points. The New-U Station serves a vital function. It stores a character's DNA against the possibility of "accidental death or dismemberment" and can digistruct an entirely new body to replace the recently deceased one. This 'new you' will appear at the last station the character activated." so it basically clones your body where the station is. if its a craftable workstation that requires energy i think that would be really cool for ylands and would help fix spawn trolling on public servers.

@Denderion if scripts in editor can capture objects like players, then you can do it, because i know they can move objects already. no idea how to say "mortality shmortality" though

Alright update so far, the new GUI overall works well and makes the game feel less Early Access :) I really like that all blocks are now renamed, however I can't find the sandstone ledge and the normal stone ledges anymore. What are they called now?

edit: Checked a build where I use them and they are still called Sandstone Ledges, are they now removed from the game?

Adrie

Edited by WijkagentAdrie

19 hours ago, Mil Dravin said:

Same thing happened to me.. Got in, played for a few hours and adjusted to GUI... close game to see how to do this Saveshare stuff so i linked account... then i relaunch and "Create a name" -- "That name is in use" 

halp

@Ane /Dev's ... any insight on this issue? Now that i've uploaded my server i can't play it

On a more positive note, I love the expanded Protective Barrier size.  It's huge.  It's big enough for a large base plus docks for several large ships.

On 6/8/2018 at 1:59 PM, Baz Foobar said:

For those of us who run Dedicated Servers, the headless monitor functionality is missing.  Not a show stopper but this prevents us from gracefully shutting down and sending system-wide broadcasts, among other administrative functions readily available from the console.

I can't even launch the server now, after .9

Within a CMD prompt and within the ylands directory, I would normally enter ylands.cmd, then the headless monitor box would appear where I'd enter tail to see more goodies, but that box never pops up and the game never launches.

I can't enter the dedicate forums because one of my friends got the server info and set it up and taught me how he did it so we'd have 2 of us to admin it but he doesn't remember what the password was.

Help!

********************UPDATE*******************

In our ylands.cmd is ...  start "" "c:\ylands\ylandsds.exe" -logfile "c:\ylands\worlds\TSQ\log.txt" -nographics -batchmode

Instead of running ylands.cmd, I just ran    YlandsDs.exe    from c:\ylands\   and the server started, I found it, and entered the game.

QUESTION ... What is now broken in the   .cmd   that I need to fix, or is that launch string even needed?

Thanks!

Edited by Hattrix

On 9/6/2018 at 8:03 PM, WijkagentAdrie said:

Alright update so far, the new GUI overall works well and makes the game feel less Early Access :) I really like that all blocks are now renamed, however I can't find the sandstone ledge and the normal stone ledges anymore. What are they called now?

edit: Checked a build where I use them and they are still called Sandstone Ledges, are they now removed from the game?

Adrie

Sandstone ledges have been renamed to "Sandstone statue".

Ane is right, but it wasn't all of them - some of blocks them have been temporarily disabled and will return as a complete set existing for all the materials.

• Thanks 1

Let me react to some questions / concerns you raised:

Version numbering: The next update will indeed be 0.10. As some of have mentioned, the more logical step after 0.9 would be 1.0. That was indeed what we've originally planned - rather unrealistically I might add :). Obviously, the game is not ready to be released as 1.0 and need at least one more update. While we could go with 0.91 (or 0.9.1, to be exact) we think that this would  be somewhat confusing as well since after releasing 0.7, 0.8 and 0.9 having the next update named 0.91 would make it look like something minor while 0.10 will, in fact, be one of the most important updates so far.

A lot of people have raised some concerns over the new GUI. I will be addressing those soon in the specific thread we created but be assured that we understand there's still a lot of work to be done and we believe that eventually most of the things you complain about will eventually go away. We just didn't have enough time to make it exactly how we envisioned it (so, for example, the hearts you see in the top left corner will eventually indicate very clearly that you are getting attacked, some buttons will be added/returned, there will be improved system for making favorites etc.). Also you should know that some of the changes and improvements to GUI will come sooner than 0.10.

DS related issues - our programmers are already looking into it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Regarding the numbering:  Going from 0.9 to 0.10 is actually pretty standard.  Remember those numbers don't represent a numeric amount.  They represent a version code.  The "." does not separate a whole number value from a decimal value.  It separates a full major update from relatively minor updates.  It's not unusual for software to have version numbers like 2.12.3 or something like that, where 2 is the full version, 12 is a smaller update, and 3 is a patch.  It varies with every developer and every project, but there is always a numbering system.

• Like 1

True - we're definitely not the only ones to do this -  but on the other hand I can see how it can be confusing to people who are not familiar with software development. I'm pretty sure though that it's something our players can deal with :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, handofthesly said:

So why was the Seagull and Vulture removed from the Creator Cube? Just curious ...

I guess, because seagull can knock out your ship(?) xD, not sure about vulture..

6 hours ago, handofthesly said:

So why was the Seagull and Vulture removed from the Creator Cube? Just curious ...

Basically because their AI is not ideal right now, so they'll return once they've learnt how to behave properly :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Update: 26/06/2018

Version: 0.9.0.51967

Fixes

• [YLD-10500] [GUI] Games are repeating when scrolling down in MP Lobby
  • [YLD-10554] [GUI] Refresh does not work correctly when 13+ games are present in MP Lobby
  • [YLD-10464] [GUI] Game name filter does not work correctly in MP Lobby
  • [YLD-10489] [GUI] Missing hotbar after exiting a vehicle
  • [YLD-10638] [GUI] Filters only Create/Explore games when you come from Create/Explore menu in MP Lobby
  • [YLD-10696] [GUI] Search doesn't work in Custom games
  • [YLD-10455] [GUI] Exit shop button not shown
  • [YLD-10466] [GUI] Missing "Remove" button for MP servers
  • [YLD-10411] [GUI] Blank sheets read option is unresponsive
  • [YLD-3829] [GUI] On Biome Selection Globe, Back and Done button do exactly the same
  • [YLD-10597] [GUI] Avatar present filter does not work correctly in MP Lobby
  • [YLD-10386] [GUI] It's not possible to continue after canceling change role after death in custom games
  • [YLD-10460] [Sharegames] Games can't be uploaded, none are shown in add menu
  • [YLD-10581] [Sharegames] Uploading Sharegame stuck at 100%
  • [YLD-10461] [DS] Headless monitor is missing
  • [YLD-10701] [MP] Unable to connect to any game - game is unreachable
  • [YLD-10522] When going AFK in the menu for more than 60 minutes, you will get a pop-up errow window
  • [YLD-10509] It's possible to focus players, NPCs, and animals in insane distances
  • [YLD-10539] It's not possible to add the energy into the engine of a car
  • [YLD-10470] It's not possible to start A new custom game under some circumstances
  • Fixed 'Ylands team' scenario author localization

New

• [YLD-10631] Client now shows relevant information whenever a banned player tries to host / join a MP session
  • Like 1