NobleKillalot

DEV ANSWER Created character gone after accont link but name is taken

Question

Not a huge problem but created a character with the name i always uses but then i linked my account and that character is gone but that name is taken. 

want my name back. 

• Upvote 2

37 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm having the same problem and I ...it's asking me for a new name and that my name is taken after I just created it, and after I linked my account and bought stuff with coyns and now...well ugh.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, me too and I can't find my world that I spent the last 70 hours working on!!! The heck with the name, I can pick any old one but I want me stuff back!

• Upvote 1

I created a character just like my original female, saved it, linked it & went into my old game. She (my original character) is gone. Now there is an old, bald man instead! No idea where he came from. My house & stuff is still there

Edited by Fight or Flight Gamer
  • Upvote 1

Same created a char fine linked account now its reset my char and telling me Zalzany is already in use... Whole point of my name is its never taken now I took my own name, I want it back...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Fight or Flight Gamer said:

I created a character just like my original female, saved it, linked it & went into my old game. She (my original character) is gone. Now there is an old, bald man instead! No idea where he came from. My house & stuff is still there

Same exact thing happened to me (bald dude, not me) and no I can't find that saved game anywhere and I worked really hard on it. 

• Upvote 1

yup happened to me too.  I am now bbcake.  I want my name back!!

• Upvote 1

Alright, I passed the info to the team, I'll let you guys know once I know more!

But don't panic, you'll recover your names!

• Upvote 1

Those of you having this issue, was this the first time you linked the accounts? Or had you already linked your accounts in 0.8?

Just linked it today, didn't even know it was an option till today.

• Upvote 1

So we'll take care of this first thing on Monday, and you'll recover your names, of course :) Until this is resolved, we will be disabling the account linking.

Sorry for the trouble!

Yes, but at the moment without being able to play, as always Bohemia, as always, less desire for money, and more attention to their games.

And they say it will be Monday ?. Do not believe it or you.

Con esta empresa, siempre estamos con las mismas tonterias

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ane said:

Those of you having this issue, was this the first time you linked the accounts? Or had you already linked your accounts in 0.8?

I had attempted to link in the past. I have no idea if it was successful. My account has had issuesin the past anyway. Dunno if it's related, but at one time I had two installed programs. The initial sample one, and the purchased one. Also, dunno if it's connected, but my name here on this forum always reverts back to what I registered under before you changed it, multiple times.

• Upvote 1

Is that we are always with the same nonsense, really, this company we have it to veto.

They make, break down and destroy everything they touch. Meanwhile, they tell you that on Monday, after that, next month. And in the end without being able to play.

As usual. and there are several proposals that are always the same.

I want to play, for that I pay.

• Upvote 1

You can play with a different name, and next week the names will be restored and you'll be able to use yours.

• Upvote 1

But this tells me. I suppose you believe it, no?

I tell you that within a year we are with the same. and more if it comes from you.

Hugs, and keep playing for now. He does not leave me his company, because of incompetence.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, JMeJ2 said:

Same exact thing happened to me (bald dude, not me) and no I can't find that saved game anywhere and I worked really hard on it. 

I can't get into my game without creating another character with a new name. I'll wait until next week & see if they fix it. I don't want to make another character & mess it up further

• Upvote 1

On 6/8/2018 at 3:20 PM, NobleKillalot said:

Not a huge problem but created a character with the name i always uses but then i linked my account and that character is gone but that name is taken. 

want my name back. 

Me too

• Upvote 1

Also, why the hell do I have to be here putting post in a forum, which does not interest me.

Put my character of a holy time in conditions and leave, of having to be in this forum, that neither goes to me nor comes to me.

Buy a game to play, not to be here giving you visits and nonsense.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for reminding us why steam forums are worse. It has be Monday because they don't have enough to work weekends. Its not a big deal I mean I would like to play this weekend but I got work so I just dink around on My Time At Portia that just updated yesterday as well while I wait. And you bought an EA game if you didn't realize you would be reporting bugs, and not playing the full game for months if not a year or two that is all on you, unless steams EA warning in your native language is badly translated. This kind of thing is status norm for EA gaming its kind of what you sign up for when you buy one...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tonkepen said:

Buy a game to play, not to be here giving you visits and nonsense.

... and you are certainly giving us nonsense :P

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mil Dravin said:

@Ane add my name to that list, thank ya kinda :D

Will do :)

Will it be possible to link accomplishments from the temp name from this weekend with the name we want?  Otherwise I'm f*ed on the server I am on.  I can keep my current wrong name or lose my base, barrier, and everything done so far.   

I thought the reason we had to wait was testing?  So why then do we see this as a problem.  Or the fact that ships no longer have a compass.  You need a better testing team, I'd say.

Edited by bojo2736
  • Upvote 1

When you have a solution for those of us affected by this issue, please can you tell us what we need to do to recover our preferred name (and avatar if we have one).

Watching this thread.

• Upvote 1

Can you guys tell me your Ylands names? The ones you had issues with (as in which one did you use that they were later "taken").