NobleKillalot

DEV ANSWER Created character gone after accont link but name is taken

Question

Not a huge problem but created a character with the name i always uses but then i linked my account and that character is gone but that name is taken. 

want my name back. 

• Upvote 2

37 replies to this bug / suggestion

The thing is, unless they can be merged, I'm screwed if I change my name now.  bbcakes is what I wanted.  bbcake is where I have all my stuff.

It seems odd to me that barriers and keys and such are attached to a particular spelling and not to the ylands serial number. 

• Upvote 1

My preferred Ylands character name is Daniel. I created a temporary character called DanielTemp which is no longer needed.

Once Daniel is re-associated with my Ylands account, DanielTemp can be deleted as he is already stripped down and has no PB active.

• Upvote 1

My account is also having this issue. I was able to sync my account and after that poof. The name i was using was Baes just like my login name and now it says its taken and i cannot log on with it. Has there been any progress finding a solution.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:00 AM, Ane said:

Those of you having this issue, was this the first time you linked the accounts? Or had you already linked your accounts in 0.8?

Yes, the very first time i linked my account, never knew they was a linking possible before the new update.

On 6/9/2018 at 4:46 AM, Ane said:

So we'll take care of this first thing on Monday, and you'll recover your names, of course :) Until this is resolved, we will be disabling the account linking.

Sorry for the trouble!

On 6/9/2018 at 12:15 PM, Ane said:

You can play with a different name, and next week the names will be restored and you'll be able to use yours.

so it will be next week before we will see a fix? its 5pm on Monday and still no fix on my end.

hello,
i have the same problem with my account, unfortunately I have connected it with my Steam account. Can you help me ?

jemhardib is wrong, right is vanles

Thanks

Sigh here it is Monday was hoping some kind of news... Oh check back tomorrow don't like this sin't in the unresolved pile though

Lords of Bohemia, we still can not play. Since our nicks, says they are already in use.

Can you already give a solution? Or do we have to wait for the next year?

On 2018-06-09 at 10:00 AM, Ane said:

Those of you having this issue, was this the first time you linked the accounts? Or had you already linked your accounts in 0.8?

When i wrote this it was the first time i liked my account and created a character. 

On 6/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, Ane said:

Can you guys tell me your Ylands names? The ones you had issues with (as in which one did you use that they were later "taken").

Sure. I still had problems. It was FightorFlight. I thought I'd try it again tonight. No luck says taken, so I created FightorFlightgm. Even with that I tried to load my old game & its still showing the bald guy in the picture that replaced my character after the update.  It sat on load screen for like 5 mins. Won't load now. 

13 hours ago, Fight or Flight Gamer said:

Sure. I still had problems. It was FightorFlight. I thought I'd try it again tonight. No luck says taken, so I created FightorFlightgm. Even with that I tried to load my old game & its still showing the bald guy in the picture that replaced my character after the update.  It sat on load screen for like 5 mins. Won't load now. 

And please also tell me the email address associate with your BI account (privately if you wish).