kimbuck

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-10448] Getting failed message when crafting and unable to place crafted workstations

Question

Tried to  craft a stove     .ok  but  left click will not place it anywhere.....    tried to put  items in s tone chest ... they  wont  go ...   tried crafting  stone  blocks    get "failed " message

trying another rejoin  ..if it persists will dump you the  logs.

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

did another  re join  cam back and   saw  cold   symbol ...  despite   daytime    so lit   brazier... no  change    stood on brazier and got   too hot  symbol and  message at the same time as  too cold 

Cannot  craft  anything ...get a failed message     going to do a complete  computer  restart      ..  ( universal  Microsoft windows   fix :P )

Otherwise   ??   game will be unplayable

Ok   restarted  computer after a   clean out of   junk  stuff   ..

restarted steam   restarted  ylands  .. joined back in  to game on NA 15 ..     tried to craft a stove ...worked but  cannot place it ... tried to craft an anvil ... failed......  tried to craft   some  blocks  ... failed    ......tried to craft   some panels    failed ...

trying to play the game ?  total failure.

Going to  try another server   and  see if that works   if  not please  bring  back  0.8!

Mm weird, anyone else with this issue?

on  another server     seems ok  but sometimes  you cannot  move an item from inventory into a chest....

if it happens again  will send you another set of logs...

the new PB  area size is awesome :P

• Upvote 1

Ok  here's a variant...   crafting  items   show as being  crafted...with the materials  reducing, but  noting  shown in possession!  A rejoin  saw them re-appear,  but  the  they could not be placed .....     a rejoin   saw the items   appear where they were attempted o  be paced  prior  ..!!   but subsequent  items  refuse to be placed ...   so ran down to my  kiln  to  collect  the windows  being   crafted and the  kiln  disappeared!

So logged  right   out  so you  can have the log  files..

doing a  complete restart   and seeing if that fixes it?

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

went  right out pf   Ylands ...and  steam... restarted  both and   rejoined  and    it  corrected  itself    but   it  really   annoying!

Definitely  something not  right with  the  inventory...:|

Giving  up for the night ...   the  messages  saying  "blazing   foundry   etc  ...  stopped  appearing when trying to interact with  workstations..   I couldn't  tell if the  workstations  needed fuel or  not.

Stand  in front of any   object  or   workstation and there was no message as to its  status  .. tried to pick up a lantern  from the floor  ... no  message  saying it was a lantern.  No indication of  what i was looking or  aiming at.   then i  noticed  hotbar  had disappeared... could not select anything...   so in frustration pressed the  tilde button  several  time     to  cycle  through the     daytime   status ,... an  lo,  suddenly   everything started working  again:|

Decided it  was too late  to be   worrying about this   so  have logged for the  night   hoping these  intermittent  gremlins  have vanished/flushed  by tomorrow..

:P

Its    Baaaaack!

Cannot place  crafted    chests   etc   or  i get  a "failed" message trying to craft items.  Cannot craft a lantern - .i get a  "failed" message  .There's  no  hammer in inventory ..its  disappeared... so go to chest  and  try to get another  hammer... it  will not  move  from chest to inventory. I drag it  manually into inventory .. it  goes there after  several attempts  but i get a "failed"  message when i use it to  craft an item ..    so  I rejoin ...   there's no  hammer in  inventory... the one in the  chest has  disappeared...o.O

..so i try to move  another hammer  from another   chest to inventory .. it  wont go with a click  so i drag it manually again into inventory.. craft a chest .. it  appears  but i cannot place it  any where..i can  rotate the chest   etc   but not  place it ...o.O

The issue seems to be related to anything  requiring a hammer in crafting...    work stations crafted  requiring a hammer cannot be placed ...items  like    stone  blocks  lanterns  etc   give a " failed" message when crafted.

Decided  tonight  its better  watching  silly  cats  on youtube   than  bouncing in and out of  Ylands trying to get things that  might or  might not exist to and from inventory.O.o

The  relevant logs are  attached for you to take a hammer to .... ...if you can find one that doesn't  disappear on you..:P

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I think I can add something to this issue as I have just been affected by it. I am in the situation where I have items to perform crafting in my inventory, the tool is in perfect condition and the recipe indicates x of x items are present but I get the Failed message.

I noticed that when I right-clicked to take some planks from a container that they appeared in my inventory but also stayed in the container. The ones I had could not be dropped, dragged back or destroyed. Nor could they be used in the recipe. I could see the x of x resources for the recipe but got the failed message.

I have a suspicion that although they appear in my inventory, they are possibly still present in the chest in some way so when I try to use them, the game doesn't think I have them on me.

I could add more planks to my inventory by making more and they would stack on top of the 8 I had picked up but I could still not use any despite adding plenty more.

As well as those 8 planks I also have two stone railings that I can't use or drop so my inventory is slowly filling up with unusable components. When my account got renamed today (Name Already Taken issue) earlier orphaned items in my inventory got cleared

I have  had similar experiences...   objects on the  second last  row  of a chest etc are prone to this  ... It  happens a lot more  when there are more than 3 layers  active on a server.:|

Mm testers haven't been able to reproduce it, but one of our programmers will take a look at it.