Energritz_

KNOWN ISSUE Blueprints "in-use" bug

Question

Hello team,

Reporting this on behalf of one of our players on our server.

Issue: Player in Question was testing out blueprints feature when they placed the Project Table, a message "someone else is using that" appears in red text, at the time only that player was on the server, they also created said table.

The 1st time they used the table with blueprint it worked fine, however on second attempt, this message appears. They also tried a different blueprint for a second time and also had the same issue.

They go on to say that, they logged into different servers and it worked.

Info: Player describes the steps, when they try to interact with the table the message "someone else is using that" even though they were alone on the server, this appears when they try to put item(s) into the table.

Attempted Resolutions: Server rebooted, issue persists.

Image from the player

unknown.png

15 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

Not the same guy... I'm the guy having the problem on this server. I was googling around and noticed this post. Glad to see someone else on Steam has the same issue so it's not just the 1 server somehow bugged.

10 hours ago, Ane said:

No they have a different name, they have told me that's not them.

EDIT: i went to said persons base, tested the machines myself and can confirm even as admin on the server, that i get the same issue.

BlueprintProjectTableBug.jpg

Edited by Energritz_

I get the same message "Someone else is using that" every time im trying to use it... 

this happened to 3 of my blueprints. 1 was a friends and after we went to bed and got back on in the morning the table worked, 2 i placed and they are not working, even after 2 days its still giving that error. NA EXPLORE 48 

this also happened to me ....    but  suddenly   after being away from the game for 2 hours and coming back with no one  else on the server, it started to work!o.O

Alright, we're looking into it :)

The issue is here:

• Thanks 1

Hey Ane, just letting you know I'm having a simular problem. Sometimes the blueprints (custom and bought) work and sometimes not.

But gee wiz.... these blueprints are a GAME CHANGER! hehe when they work :)

• Upvote 1

Ohhhh, thank God it does not just happen to me, I thought that as always I was the fool of the family.

It also happens to me ...

But it's funny, in my sharegame game they work perfect, but in my dedicated server it's a disaster.

You can not see the blueprint and when you click on the table it comes out ... You are already using that.
The real problem is that afterwards you can not erase it.

And more hugs from Spain

Captura.PNG

I have placed six of the coyn ones and two of them placed without a problem. I have placed my own build twice, it worked perfectly. 

5 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

I have placed six of the coyn ones and two of them placed without a problem. I have placed my own build twice, it worked perfectly. 

Well, but that's because the game loves you very much. It seems to me that it is not..:D

Edited by tonkepen
  • Haha 1

Hey I managed to reproduce this issue multiple times and now I found the solution to prevent this from happening. Recently I played in Energritz's server and trying to build building that looks exactly like my Traditional Japanese House  with blueprint. I tried 3 times, and all of them end up being "Someone else is using that", then finally after that I tried once more, but I don't open the blueprint station and wait 3-5 minutes(until the transparent layout of the building pop up) then when transparent layout already pop up, I click the blueprint station and wallaa I can put required materials. So don't click/open the blueprint station and wait until that transparent building layout loaded (possibly you still uploading your blueprint to the server). Hopes it helps.

Happy blueprinting! :D

Ylands_180702_190910.thumb.png.77b0dfa50b95e062c51ab21a08be0b19.png
"Old picture when I was so frustrate from this issue and want to report, but then I tried once more.. xD"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, V-Alfred said:

Hey I managed to reproduce this issue multiple times and now I found the solution to prevent this from happening. Recently I played in Energritz's server and trying to build building that looks exactly like my Traditional Japanese House  with blueprint. I tried 3 times, and all of them end up being "Someone else is using that", then finally after that I tried once more, but I don't open the blueprint station and wait 3-5 minutes(until the transparent layout of the building pop up) then when transparent layout already pop up, I click the blueprint station and wallaa I can put required materials. So don't click/open the blueprint station and wait until that transparent building layout loaded (possibly you still uploading your blueprint to the server). Hopes it helps.

Happy blueprinting! :D

"Old picture when I was so frustrate from this issue and want to report, but then I tried once more.. xD"

Hey V, ahh ahh you beat me to trying it again. I noticed the same thing with the blueprints. The blue outline needs to load first before anyone can open the blueprint, otherwise it'll say someone else is using it. Glad it can be confirmed and all is needed is a little patience :)

p.s they just need away of removing the ones that haven't worked, maybe the same way as everything else.. inside a barrier with a hammer.

Edited by Indian Chief
words more of them
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

p.s they just need away of removing the ones that haven't worked, maybe the same way as everything else.. inside a barrier with a hammer.

yeah I think so, but if you place the blueprint station "correctly", it can be decoration too. xD Now my base is looks like "Blueprint Factory". :D

Edited by V-Alfred