steam-76561198083329944

Is here any respawn system for ore?

Hey mate, once you run out it's gone, but if you craft nails and break them down you can keep making more iron, or explore another yland :)

12 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

Hey mate, once you run out it's gone, but if you craft nails and break them down you can keep making more iron, or explore another yland :)

Thanks for your suggestion about iron but in fact we still have enough iron ore and what we need is more clay to build houses. Unfortunately we have already explored all the 5 other ylands but still don't enough clay. Is there any way to get more clay?

Edited by steam-76561198083329944

No worries, the iron will come in handy at a later stage, or if you build with wood and need nails etc. As for the clay, not that I know of unless you can find a vendor that sells clay on your seed/world?

4 hours ago, steam-76561198083329944 said:

Thanks for your suggestion about iron but in fact we still have enough iron ore and what we need is more clay to build houses. Unfortunately we have already explored all the 5 other ylands but still don't enough clay. Is there any way to get more clay?

Dont build houses with clay. It´s to "rare" - use stone instead. Its much harder and easier to get in large amounts. Actually I´m using Wood and bamboo...for the look fits more to our tropical island :)

18 hours ago, Apokh said:

Dont build houses with clay. It´s to "rare" - use stone instead. Its much harder and easier to get in large amounts. Actually I´m using Wood and bamboo...for the look fits more to our tropical island :)

I don't think I‘m good at building houses, so I use blueprint. But when building houses with blueprint, large amounts of clay instead of stones are needed.

Wait... a clay brick blueprint only requires raw clay...

so, i can make a blueprint of a pile of bricks, set the blueprint down in my PB, fill it clay and deconstruct the resultant bricks... no more standing at the kiln for hours. xD

...too bad, but a typical sign that some ppl making BPs in Editor or creative mode don´t seem to have a clue what the explorer mode plays like.

Anyway, back on track to my last post...  yes, you can create a pile of clay bricks (i did 100) as a blueprint, then use that blueprint to insta-craft clay into bricks.

16 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

Anyway, back on track to my last post...  yes, you can create a pile of clay bricks (i did 100) as a blueprint, then use that blueprint to insta-craft clay into bricks.

You mean we have method to get the bricks back without breaking them down? I don't know that! Everytime I want to remove the block I just use weapon to break them down! If you know how to get it back please tell me, thanks.

That's really good to know.   The 'Public' explore server I play on doesn't have any clay around.  The first 'player explorers' came in, mined everything and stopped playing on the server.  There are no horses either.  Some of the islands don't even have infected animals during the night or underground.   I wish there was a time period where if the people haven't come back to the server that the current occupants can vote to reset the server.

10 hours ago, Edwin-c54f672a82af8139 said:

That's really good to know.   The 'Public' explore server I play on doesn't have any clay around.  The first 'player explorers' came in, mined everything and stopped playing on the server.  There are no horses either.  Some of the islands don't even have infected animals during the night or underground.   I wish there was a time period where if the people haven't come back to the server that the current occupants can vote to reset the server.

We are workin on something similar and it should be present in 1.1.

• Like 2