Didn’t they say that wouldn’t be possible initially... until they had tested them a little more.

i guess you could do it via a creative world - use yours to build; let your friend join the world; they make a blueprint of the build. A pain in the butt, but a way to do it!

How about build it for someone? I mean you act like architect, you put blueprint for someone, so they can just put materials if they like it.

1 hour ago, TheSparkPlug said:

Didn’t they say that wouldn’t be possible initially... until they had tested them a little more.

i guess you could do it via a creative world - use yours to build; let your friend join the world; they make a blueprint of the build. A pain in the butt, but a way to do it!

Also I think it is not available in the editor.  So you would have to build.  Load to a game where you have a barrier, then make the blueprint.  Doable.  But seems like an unnecessary step. 

• Upvote 1

Unfortunately you can only make a Blueprint in an explore game, which seems very strange to me.

It's still an early version of the feature.  As much as people are liking it already, I'm sure it will expand as they get it stabilized.

• Like 1

Yeah, for now you can only capture Blueprints in the Explore mode, and they can't be shared :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ane said:

Yeah, for now you can only capture Blueprints in the Explore mode, and they can't be shared :)

@Ane, you say "for now." Does that mean that the plan is for it to change?

Quoting myself to the question if it will be possible to capture Blueprints in the Creative mode...

1 hour ago, Ane said:

This is not planned at this moment. There are several reasons, but the most important is that in the Creative mode players have access even to objects that can't be crafted in the game. If you capture a house that would contain such objects, you wouldn't be able to build it elsewhere. From that point of view the only "safe" mode is Explore, where we know everything that players are capturing has been crafted. That being said, Blueprints will definitely be improved in the future, so any feedback is welcome!

• Upvote 1

A "simple" fix for that limitation would be to disallow blueprinting if it contains an object that can't be crafted in Explore.  Creative and Editor would need to be able to distinguish them, but once they can, it could be as direct as a message saying "This construction contains items that cannot be included in a blueprint" and just not allowing the blueprint to be created as-is.

Or maybe it blueprints everything except those items.  Custom skins would be blueprinted as the default version.

• Like 1