Sign in to follow this  
rakas

Bug report and some advices about AI

Hello guys, I have been playing for a good bunch of hours already and first, I wanted to point out the game in general terms, from my point of view, is heading to the right direction for now, congrats to the devs!, so about this post, I just want to put over the table a couple of problems that I would like to see improved/solved in the future.

1. This is probably a bug, if you eat for example corn, and before you have finished eating it you change to another object, for example the map, that item gets eaten instead of the food and disappears.

2. The AI is reacting better in some cases but still lacks a lot in the way it works and I am sure this is probably a known issue, there is another post in the forum about this maybe?, I just don't have the time to look for it sadly so I will resume with this: 

2a. Wolves can be easily killed if you keep swimming close to the shore area and lure them to water, they remain there (kinda underwater, which seems weird to me) and you can punch them to death one after the other. This is probably happening with all aggressive creatures, however I haven't tested it. They gotta begin acting more realistic and even use their advantage in numbers to attack the players, after all, wolves hunt in packs.

2b. When you shoot an arrow to a wolf, if you fail or not they will react 2 ways, one is attacking you (if their path finding can spot you near them) and another is moving aside and temporary hiding, which is good BUT, when they move aside if you wait enough (30 seconds to 1 minute so so) they will come back close to the same spot you shot them ( it will repeat as many times as you shoot without killing the wolf), which makes it easy to hunt them and seems totally absurd instinct for an animal that is being shot and cannot counter that.

3. Sharks seems to be in the same situation as wolves getting stuck on the shore when pursuing a player, unable to run away or attack they easily die.

Ylands is a quiet game I know, but a little challenge would make it more realistic and more interesting!, keep that in mind.

Best regards.

Basically disregard anything that animals do at this point :D We were just joined by a AI programmer that will help us improve this particular feature a lot, so hopefully soon animals won't be this dumb :D

And the first one you mention is already kinda known, although for some reason our testers have had issues reproducing it.

The eating map thing, I have had so many get eaten.  A friend ate his shovel this weekend.  Weird, huh?  I find that if my character is hungry and I have her eat.  I switch to a different item, usually just the hand. Then to map.   This is especially worrisome right now, because the map is the only place we have a compass.  If you are sailing without a bird, you are in big trouble if you eat your map.