Ane

Account linking issue - names

Question

Hi there!

So those of you with the account linking issue, I need the following information from you:

• The Ylands Name you want, the one you 'took from yourselves'
  • The Bohemia Account (username or email) you want the Ylands Name associated with - the one you tried to link/transfer to

I'm talking about this issue:

We'll reset your names so that you have the name you chose and your BI account will be linked as well, so no progress should be lost.

Thanks!

• Like 1

53 replies to this bug / suggestion

So I have the following remarks from the person trying to reset the names:

Does DUCK really want his name as DUCK? Previously, he had it as Duck (letter case matters in this case)

bbcakes doesn't have a Steam account set 

Baes has a different Steam account set for Baes name and a different Steam account set for his email. So it is either a different person, or he has two Steam accounts.

Thank you Ane - I can confirm that I have been successfully renamed back to my preferred name. I even appeared in the body of my temporary character so I still had all my stuff and would have had control over my PB if I had deployed one.

Well done and thanks again..

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ane said:

Does DUCK really want his name as DUCK? Previously, he had it as Duck (letter case matters in this case)

Baes has a different Steam account set for Baes name and a different Steam account set for his email. So it is either a different person, or he has two Steam accounts.

I must of tried to set Baes nick while on my sons steam account ( this is why we bought the game) Totally my mistake,never dawned on me that i was in his steam account when i linked. Is it possible to still change my supermanisdead account set for my email to Baes? I havent linked my sons steam account due to the issues ( which appear to be mostly manufactured by yours truly). But my son"s account is not named Baes though.

Edited by Baes

So so far Tonique, Daniel, MilDravin, Vanles and Zalzany had their names reset.

In principle thank you very much for the name change.

PROBLEM:

Upon entering my game creates a new character with the same name, I mean Tonique, but it is not the original. They are duplicated.

See the problem .....

Here we have the original

....see capture 1

Here we have the clone, who naturally can not interact in his own home.

...see capture 2

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much Ane.

Captura1.PNG

Captura2.PNG

15 hours ago, Ane said:

I have a different steam name. And a different email for steam.  I will email you the info as it has identifying information.  I did link, or at least that's what I tried to do.

Edited by bojo2736

9 hours ago, tonkepen said:

PROBLEM:

Upon entering my game creates a new character with the same name, I mean Tonique, but it is not the original. They are duplicated.

See the problem .....

....see capture 1

...see capture 2

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much Ane.

Captura1.PNG

Captura2.PNG

You can simply kill your "old self" and recover your items, then you can continue playing as before :)

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Letholdus said:

old Name - Letholds

New Name - ZapperZulu

richard288@rocketmail.com

I would like the old name back please

The name Letholds is not blocked, so you should be able to change it yourself :)

Alright, so all names have been reset now!

PROBLEM:

See the problem .....

....see capture 1

...see capture 2

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much Ane.

Well, that solution that gives me, is not the correct one, since in fact, I will have the items of the old Tonique, but I can neither manage the generator, nor destroy objects of my old character. nor delete blueprints. etc etc.

What I do not know, if through the editor I delete the old generator and put the new one if it had an effect.

Thank you.

PROBLEM:

See the problem .....

....see capture 1

...see capture 2

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much Ane.

=========================================================================

No, this is not the solution, as well as commented, everything is lost, blueprints, objects, you can not destroy, you do not have the knowledge and recipes learned, all the objects purchased are not. you have to go back to buy decorations and blueprints from the previous one, and of course the credits have not restored them, so you have to spend them again, etc. etc.

Therefore the only solution that I see feasible is that you put the ID, of the new character, to the one I had before. or vice versa.

By God it is already two lost scenarios, and honestly, this is not our fault. it is simply yours with your new inventions.

I have my 3 scenarios with a double character and with the same name, but with different Ids.

You will tell me how we can continue. If you start by solving the name problem, finish the job well.

In conclusion Ane, your simple idea to kill my old character, and take the items is not a solution. Neither via editor, because of the above.

Thanks, again.

PD: in the captures have the IDs, corresponding to the dou of characters "Tonique"

More hugs from Espàña.

Oh, I see, so this is actually intended - if you link the accounts, you lose everything associated with the old account.

As if I link my account I lose everything ?, then disengage my account, so of course.

What I do not want is to lose my scenarios that I have.

18 minutes ago, Ane said:

Oh, I see, so this is actually intended - if you link the accounts, you lose everything associated with the old account.

then why would we want to link accounts? iv spent plenty of coyns already and that is not cool if i loose everything i spent those on. Are all coyns spent previously given back to your new account? i highly doubt it. I have yet to link account due to just loosing my buildings and land claim, however if i loose what iv spent coyns on as well then there is NO way im linking accounts. This really needs to be fixed. What if someone spent 200$ on coyns and then linked accounts. are they SOL? 

36 minutes ago, Ane said:

13 minutes ago, Denderion said:

then why would we want to link accounts? iv spent plenty of coyns already and that is not cool if i loose everything i spent those on. Are all coyns spent previously given back to your new account? i highly doubt it. I have yet to link account due to just loosing my buildings and land claim, however if i loose what iv spent coyns on as well then there is NO way im linking accounts. This really needs to be fixed. What if someone spent 200$ on coyns and then linked accounts. are they SOL? 

Ya this is quite a problem from where i am sitting. On my son's account we have 3 full scenario's in full process and Ylands told us first to link accounts, which I did on my account,which made me not only lose it appears at least 1 full map(possibly 2)but my son has not linked his steam account to Bohemia and if your saying we will lose all that has been built on that account if we link?The question Bohemia MUST answer right now, and we know your an early access, we get that, and i am used to server wipes, but make that info available upfront IN BOLD TYPE that anything you build will be wiped once an update is complete.I could also ask what are the benefits of linking the Steam accounts through Bohemia Interactive in the first place,if that info was made public i missed it( and its very possible i did) I did receive my account name back after the first account link but as i said ive lost at least 2 scenario maps and i guess i am going to have to kill my original character with this soulless clone,which just feels wrong( sarcasm folks)

Baes vs Baes.jpg

Alright, I think I understand what you mean now. You shouldn't lose such progress after linking the accounts. We'll look into it and we should be able to bring your progress back.

On the other hand, the progress made with the "new" account will be lost.

Is there anyone else affected by this?

Well, after all my anger, tantrums, and so on.

Ane seems to be solved, it works with my old scenarios, without being duplicated, that is if the blueprints and decorations were lost. in short you can not have everything in life.

Thank you very much for your attention Ane, and even another.

And more hugs from Spain.

• Like 1

JUHU my account is the old one again, THANK YOU THANK YOU

Thanks

Vanles

Edited by Maxxchen
  • Like 1

Name I have right now: Stuffer

Name I had previously and the one i want back: Stuff

Email: Stuffed.Onion@gmail.com

13 hours ago, Stuff (DayZ) said:

Name I have right now: Stuffer

Name I had previously and the one i want back: Stuff

Email: Stuffed.Onion@gmail.com

We just changed it :)

HI i purchased Ylands Via Steam and when i was playing with my girlfriend she has changed my name to MeliPlayerX but my desired name is amoreno1.

That was my original name but now says it's taken... i have a bohemia acount the name is amoreno1able but i want amoreno1 nickname in the game, can you help me?? i want so badly to link the bohemia account to my game and my name is amoreno1....

thanks for that i will be in tune for the support!

20180822011907_1.jpg

Captura.PNG

41 minutes ago, burzummy said:

why it says account ready to be linked?

Just ignore it :)

mmm So looking at this... Could the fact of my other issue ( SEE: BACKEND ERROR FATAL ) here in bugs be connected?

My account should be linked as ErikaN

The name should be Bushi Neko as that is what is linked From STEAM.

The name showing is Fartblaster( some # ) which was done by a kid visiting not knowing better. =/    =P 

Id be happy with ErikaN as a name if it let my YLands work....