Sign in to follow this  
JMeJ2

Can we bring horses on ships yet?

I'm wondering if this has been made possible yet. 

Out of curiosity, since I haven't tried it yet myself...  Does it glitch out the ship, or does the horse just not travel well?

I have it in mind to try transporting some of the various predator animals (in a cage on the ship) for my private zoo that I'm building, and I'm not even sure it will work yet.  I have been able to coax a couple pumas to the base from the island it's next to, Pied Piper style, but this is a little bit more ambitious than that.

I tried for hours once. It's impossible.
If we put the horse inside a cage, what can happen is the cage getting back together with the horse or the ship getting stuck in the same place.

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, Indomitus said:

Out of curiosity, since I haven't tried it yet myself...  Does it glitch out the ship, or does the horse just not travel well?

I have it in mind to try transporting some of the various predator animals (in a cage on the ship) for my private zoo that I'm building, and I'm not even sure it will work yet.  I have been able to coax a couple pumas to the base from the island it's next to, Pied Piper style, but this is a little bit more ambitious than that.

The horse stays put as the ship sails.  Bye bye horsie :(

You can technically move them if you teleport them to your ship. It also works with cars. Since it doesn't require game logic you can also place it in explore mode. Here's a composition I made as an example.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/19v0cpp8krdlcpa/TELEPORT_HORSE.ycomp/file

Copy that files into Steam\userdata\71812699\298610\remote\Compositions. Then open up your explore game in the editor and click the 3 cubes, select the composition then paste it into your game. Then select edit script on the lever and select the eyedropper for horsevar. Then select your horse. Make sure thought that when you place the lever, that its actually placed on the ship else it wont attach. Also the magic horseshoe is used as a teleportation marker, so place it wherever you want the horse to be ported. I would have uploaded this to the workshop if the workshop didn't give out my real name.

Edited by 1ZombieFan