JMeJ2

Dyeing Station

Question

I don't know if it's a bug or what, but the dyeing station is so hard now. I literally have to dump all of my inventory to dye seed packets, coal baskets & soil containers. I use these too expand my inventory as it's the only way to have my inventory sort of better. I use many of these and I can put more than just seeds in seed packets as well as the other containers, but what happened to the dyeing station? I used to be able to see everything I had in the last version, now, if I pick a seed packet I can't get back to dye my clothes. Ugh....I don't understand. 

10 replies to this bug / suggestion

This is seriously annoying, please make it like it was before. I literally have to dump all of my inventory in order to dye my outfit. Just wondering; why did this change?

Edited by JMeJ2

I'm not quite sure what exactly it is that you are experiencing. Can you post screenshots?

When I open the Dyeing Stand it brings up all of the dyeable items including my clothing/armor even with a full inventory, I don't have to empty any of my containers.

I have found that if you select a rather large item, like the seed box or soil container, that it blocks your view of your character. So if you change the item you want to dye to say, your shirt, you can't see it because the seed box is still in your hands.

The only work around I've found for that is to re-select the large item, and click on it again in the left slot of the "Item to Dye" box in the top right corner. This puts you back to empty hands and you can choose another item to dye without the large item obstructing your view.

Is this what you are referring to?

image.thumb.png.c44dfe9e6f112fa735a612432f91281b.png

Edited by handofthesly

Hey JmeJ2, I had the same thing. Keep opening and losing the dying stand until the clothing item etc show up, and slow and steady you'll be able to paint everything you want... but it's a bug that will hopefully be fixed :)

7 hours ago, handofthesly said:

I have found that if you select a rather large item, like the seed box or soil container, that it blocks your view of your character. So if you change the item you want to dye to say, your shirt, you can't see it because the seed box is still in your hands.

The only work around I've found for that is to re-select the large item, and click on it again in the left slot of the "Item to Dye" box in the top right corner. This puts you back to empty hands and you can choose another item to dye without the large item obstructing your view.

Is this what you are referring to?

image.thumb.png.c44dfe9e6f112fa735a612432f91281b.png

Not exactly, and no it's not working right at all. So here's my inventory...66C9D2C0456AEBAB4131E099E0F76F9D3D12B45F (1920Ã1080)I use seed packets and such for everything because it helps with space, but before, it didn't matter at the dyeing station it listed every single seed packet, coal basket and soil container plus everything in them, now I get hardly anything shown at the dye station and it changes what is shown and I have no idea how or why it does this.

So to keep them organized I paint them so that I know what is in each container. (there's a trick to this, but it works and it's the only way for me to deal with the small inventory space that is given especially considering all that there is to collect, but I make do. So yeah, I carry wood, tools, iron, cloth in each of these contatiners...I'll let you know what I do for it if you want, but right now I'm just annoyed that I had to free place everything and paint it with the paintgun. Took some time that's for sure. 

I'd love to show you, but I keep getting this error:  "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200" I can't even get steam to do it right, apparently it's not my night for technology. I just want the dye station the way it used to be, as I'm getting a small fraction of what I'm carrying shown or available to dye. It should show everything, like it did before.

6 hours ago, Indian Chief said:

Hey JmeJ2, I had the same thing. Keep opening and losing the dying stand until the clothing item etc show up, and slow and steady you'll be able to paint everything you want... but it's a bug that will hopefully be fixed :)

I've tried this, as well, the only way I can do it is to get out of the game and get back in, but it still only shows a small fraction of what I'm holding. 

I do appreciate the help, but something is just not right about it.

I'll add it to our system so that testers can check it out :)

• Thanks 2

Ok I'm not sure if this is what you were experiencing but I have now encountered this interesting bug.

I open the dyeing stand and select an object, and then magically my seed box, herb bag, pigment jar and soil container disappear! Only the coal basket remained. Exiting and re-opening the stand doesn't work although I found shuffling the boxes around the slots in the inventory seemed to make them reappear in the Dyeing stand.

In one screenshot you can see that they are there, and then the next shot they have gone. EDIT Except it won't let me upload the 2 screenshots *facepalm*  "There was a problem processing the uploaded file. -200" message pops up grrrr

Andddd I can't upload my log files either :P

Edited by handofthesly

It seems the issue with this is that the CONTENTS of inventory containers take precedence over the normal inventory, meaning that all inventory containers have to be offloaded in order to see/dye items in your inventory.