JMeJ2

Instead of bitching about some things, I wanted to commend you on some things!

1st, I really like how the new format looks. 2nd, I really dig that you changed the stations to 12 spots instead of 9 (9 was a weird #). 3rd, I appreciate that you've added more magic blossoms and they seem to rebloom more often (at least I think you  have, maybe it's just the island I'm on, but before, every island that I had been on only had about 2).4th, I love that you made changed the tree log yields to suit the actual trees, and that most all of the yields went up, some went way up. I noticed because I made a small spreadsheet with the log counts so that I wouldn't waste my time on cutting down trees that yielded very little and have been updating it as I go... I'll post that later, shows amount of hits (with the war hammer; best thing to cut down trees fa sho) and how many each tree yields.

Point is...I just want to say thank you for your hard work, and though there may be some wacky things going on, I just want you to know that you are appreciated, so...again, thank you for your hard work!!

Edited by JMeJ2
typos
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Things like  flying sharks,  disappearing workstations   etc  are  really  Features....  :D

People resist change   and at first i considered the  new   GUI etc   somewhat "gooey"  but after a while  using  it,  well its like learning to play the bagipes .. you  think  you are getting  there   but others   do not  appreciate it!:P

Ok there's  some issues...but they will get ironed out... like the lump under the newly  laid  carpet .....  flatten one lump and another   pops up somewhere else.. B|  Its  progress,  ..

Ylands is having more success on its  maiden voyage towards  1.0  than the  titanic :o

But  we are  still here...waiting  to see what else  is  planned ..:D

( gives a big  thumbs  up  )

• Upvote 1

I will add to the list: the return of being able to use the charger to recharge nearby ylandium engines.

As for the new GUI, I am happy to accept change but... it occupies the full screen; recipes aren't showing up; search is broken; "take all" is gone; items crafted while in an inventory are invisible; moving items between inventory and storage often fails. This was an - untested - massive step backwards.

Not so much a carpet with a lump in it, more like a carpet that is the wrong size, the wrong colour and full of holes :P

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Things like  flying sharks,  disappearing workstations   etc  are  really  Features....  :D

People resist change   and at first i considered the  new   GUI etc   somewhat "gooey"  but after a while  using  it,  well its like learning to play the bagipes .. you  think  you are getting  there   but others   do not  appreciate it!:P

Ok there's  some issues...but they will get ironed out... like the lump under the newly  laid  carpet .....  flatten one lump and another   pops up somewhere else.. B|  Its  progress,  ..

Ylands is having more success on its  maiden voyage towards  1.0  than the  titanic :o

But  we are  still here...waiting  to see what else  is  planned ..:D

( gives a big  thumbs  up  )

what else is planned like "Oh, I see, so this is actually intended - if you link the accounts, you lose everything associated with the old account."This really should be in bold type somewhere.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's what I have done to my PC or Ylands get better performance, maybe I should just say it.. In previous version (0.5 to 0.8) I never have 30+ FPS, then in 0.9 my FPS is jump over the roof, my lowest FPS now is 25, average I got 30 to 40 which is fantastic! Thanks for all of your hard work Ylands Team, keep up the awesome work, still long way ahead!

Edited by V-Alfred
Add missing words
  • Like 3

Overall, I like the update. The whole point of EA is us letting them know what is not working, so I don't consider it "bitching" to bring the things we are having problems with, or would like to see changed.

The new GUI is a problem but it sounds like they are planning to tweak the transparency, which is totally due to our input.

So to keep on topic, I like that we can make suggestions and reoprt problems, and we are listened to.

And I really appreciate @Ane who is always friendly and helpful. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1