Indian Chief

A day building in Ylands

G'day all, Thought I'd share today's work in progress.

Ylands_180615_123714.thumb.png.a0443e5f60d76c85cdc350c792857d8f.pngYlands_180616_132320.thumb.png.1bd0c248d61149669ebd3a49869428b3.pngYlands_180616_174240.thumb.png.00663f06baa3d6a8594201b993f65577.png

For the most part enjoying the new update.

Have a great weekend all.

Chief

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

nice progress, what kind of building is that? I like the pattern of the wall, I'm looking forward the complete stage, have an awesome weekend guys!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hey V Alfred, I hope the weekend see's you well. The build is of a random picture I found on the internet.

Here's the finished build.

Ylands_180617_151310.thumb.png.00a53341492d2a0860d16ac6899213ae.png

Take care

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Is this in creative? Holy cow that's an amazing building.

Hey bojo, I started the build on Stoutcrusher's server... but sadly it only lasted two days and I didn't get to make any further progress, hence you in the other pictures it has a mountain side which was done in creative mode. Feel free to check it out on the workshop. Have a great Sunday :)

• Like 1

Great work and it shows  what you can  achieve with  a  creative  mind:D

• Thanks 1

Thanks all for your kind feedback, and I'm glad you enjoyed my weekend away with Ylands :P
For those wondering, I'll post a picture for what it takes to build as a blue print. Have a great day all

I like the shape of your building, looks "real" and comfy, I thought at first its kinda for guild house or inn or something like that with western theme. Overall she looks beautiful. Only thing that bothering me is that piece of corner log at small roof part. :D:P

"Ssh, gonna put your building to my collection.. for my map" xD

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, V-Alfred said:

I like the shape of your building, looks "real" and comfy, I thought at first its kinda for guild house or inn or something like that with western theme. Overall she looks beautiful. Only thing that bothering me is that piece of corner log at small roof part. :D:P

"Ssh, gonna put your building to my collection.. for my map" xD

Hey Alfred, cheers for your feedback, I'll make a few changes for you and repost it on the workshop, and I'll remove the other one.
Was just trying to add some different designs, but I fought over the idea on the roof for a while. I did miss out a few things.
I hope you like it better now ;)
Ylands_180621_002610.thumb.png.66e722760d9529dbb695dbdf4fd02cc6.png

Glad you liked the build enough to add it to your collection, :D the new update model will be on the workshop soonYlands_180621_003804.thumb.png.3841eeaba20a5eac6bdfc8b5bc1dd149.png

@Indian Chief you don't need to change and repost just because of my feedback. That's just my naughty OCD mind.. xD
That is my pleasure to have your builds in my collection, I'm collecting assets for my map, because you know.. make buildings and random structure myself will takes ages, landscaping itself take a lot of time in current version of Ylands..:D

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Haha 1

All good @V-Alfred I was over the moon to get some feedback, even better when it's constructive. I was seriously going to have it with the style you mentioned so I was happy changing it, plus someone mentioned how the inside was open and so I added some doors too.

OCD for the win mate! Also your map sounds like it'll be an amazing feat once you've finished. Keep us all posted how it goes/ the progress you make :)

• Haha 1

That looks amazing! I wish I was that good. :)

Also, have you placed the blueprint of that house down in Energritz_'s server? If so could you please disable the protective barrier (if you aren't going back on to finish it) so that we could clear the area (dig away the mound and cut down trees) and finish it. It would look awesome on the island completed!

• Like 1

I'm in explorer mode and I wanted to try building a building. My question is, if you misplace a block or piece let's say, how do you remove it or erase it, once the timer reaches 0 and you can't pick it up any longer? I tried hitting with the weapon and it never deletes or gets destroyed. Also,. is there any way to get to the roof of your build besides placing temporary tiles in free place mode that you can then use like a ramp? 

54 minutes ago, kurgun2018 said:

I'm in explorer mode and I wanted to try building a building. My question is, if you misplace a block or piece let's say, how do you remove it or erase it, once the timer reaches 0 and you can't pick it up any longer? I tried hitting with the weapon and it never deletes or gets destroyed. Also,. is there any way to get to the roof of your build besides placing temporary tiles in free place mode that you can then use like a ramp? 

In Explore mode, you can "deconstruct" things much easier if you are inside your own Protective Barrier (which I think is only available in Online Multiplayer).  Otherwise, there's not really an easy way other than just keep hitting them.  (Stone blocks take a LOT of hits to destroy.)

Many of us use Creative Mode to build our fancy buildings.  Then we have access to a tool called the Annihilator, which can destroy a block with one shot.  Plus we can fly, and we have infinite resources.  The challenge of doing it in Explore mode can be fun too, though.

As for getting to the roof, you can place logs, which are easier to destroy after you're done.  They don't have to be pretty if they're not a permanent part of the house.  They just need to be spaced so you can jump up on them.

16 hours ago, Desolation said:

That looks amazing! I wish I was that good. :)

Also, have you placed the blueprint of that house down in Energritz_'s server? If so could you please disable the protective barrier (if you aren't going back on to finish it) so that we could clear the area (dig away the mound and cut down trees) and finish it. It would look awesome on the island completed!

Hey mate, I placed it down in case someone wanted to capture it with the new blueprints, unfortunately someone has beaten you to it, as it's not my barrier sorry. I can place another if you'd like?

Another day spent building in Ylands, due to time limit this build has been done using the editor.
Picture 1. Is what I'd like to see the stone bricks look like as I feel they lack detail at the moment.
Picture 2. Stage 1
Picture 3. Stage 2
Stage 3 and completion to come.Ylands_180711_141132.thumb.png.e6937fd2ccce44ba0af39f5fd22955ec.pngYlands_180711_184756.thumb.png.b51b072162e29ef0f08987511598c906.png

Ylands_180712_123758.thumb.png.e14b3ca7b93cf6e62dee4d3fb1904e22.png

Edited by Indian Chief
update
  • Like 4

@Indian Chief whats the difference between stage 1 and stage 2? Hmm, I wonder what the roof will looks like. That's pretty big for a house, lets see the final result! xD

• Haha 1

hehehehe, you caught me out @V-Alfred! I used the wrong picture... in real life stage 2 is having the floor and bottom walls completed and a few other small changes that a minor. I started out just building the front bit for a house, and thought it wasn't big enough.... hehe we don't have that problem now. The scale is big, but it matches the building I'm referencing, and I had to use the massive logs... and they truly are massive :P
I added stage 5. Upper walls and roof are the main things to be done before completion 

Edited by Indian Chief
update
  • Haha 1

the clay bricks do look better and if you want you can add two different colors to it

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, roomie101 said:

the clay bricks do look better and if you want you can add two different colors to it

That's what I've ended up doing... it's just when I/we end up rebuilding it in Stouts server it'll take up a lot of clay. At stage two it required 500 clay as I tested to see if everything was captured in a trail run.Ylands_180712_141538.thumb.png.1c560d15c583f5fee4d71e1b2302da11.png

• Like 1

Ylands_180713_224126.thumb.png.a8de21839101cacfe5be732e134c8190.pngYlands_180714_000230.thumb.png.be7b05b9af5a7bdd2470b78642de7762.pngYlands_180713_100510.thumb.png.b9d37ab9afdf15c10eb2043e0ec8d2cc.png

Edited by Indian Chief
changed design, it looked like balls.. too much tennis on tv?!
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1