bojo2736

What other games do you play?

Sims 4. Y'all.... Seasons is coming out this week!!

House Flipper. Lots of mindless fun. It seriously lacks decor items.

7 Days to Die. Took me less than 7 minutes, so I must be really good! Also, Zombies are scary. And I may never complain about the length and darkness of a Ylands night ever again.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm essentially a single player player. However at this point I am playing RAGE again. A friend bought The Division and I'm playing with him again.

I love to play FIFA 18 and Destiny 2.

AS FIFA 18 is the best football video game series to date. It has gorgeous graphics with amazing lighting detail with ultimate team, which is still the best mode in sports games.
Whereas Destiny 2 has a great solo campaign with strong and addictive multiplayer. You can look the
image source which is also absolutely gorgeous.

Edited by LarryValdez

Oh, in my free time I play this game iospace.games/castleglory as soon as I found it so constantly playing it, I advise. Looks like old, classic flash games!

It seems to me that any artificial intelligence cannot defeat a person in similar games like the aforementioned or cs: go .Since the strategies in live games can vary greatly, due to the fact that a person develops all the time, and he has access to creative strategy. Therefore, there were bets on eSports, and cs:go is one of the most popular in this niche

Edited by Viktor Fallenheart

I found a lovely little gem of a game called Avorion.

You begin on the rim of a procedurally generated galaxy in a little mining drone. From there you are free to trade, mine, plunder and pillage your way through the galaxy on your quest of exploration to the 'Galactic Barrier'.

Avorion incorporates a sandbox play style where you can build your own ships from scratch. What I mean by this is that you can build some truly beautiful huge ships!

I personally have founded my first asteroid mining facility and am now in the process of exporting its resources to the nearest system. ?

IMG_1950.JPG

2 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

where you can build your own ships from scratch

OwO whats this? 

45 minutes ago, zarwil said:

OwO whats this? 

It's called Avorion. It's available on steam for about £10 I think.

The upcoming update is meant to flesh out the diplomacy and galactic factions.

I been dabbling in Outlaws of the wild west lately,  a game there lasts  way longer than  the games here.  Also, if you don't  log in after 7 actual days   your  buildings will decay and  eventually  free up space (and reduce  lag) .. a great idea  Ylands  could  adopt ,  ----except currently a Ylands  mp game  cannot last more than a few days  before  becoming unplayable ...

Also  looking into  "the  dawn of man"  as  single player game  that has not only promise ,  but possible  expansion.

it also works .!

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

Also, if you don't  log in after 7 actual days   your  buildings will decay and  eventually  free up space (and reduce  lag) .. a great idea  Ylands  could  adopt

That's a great idea! I'll pitch it to Aleš ?

3 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Also, if you don't  log in after 7 actual days   your  buildings will decay and  eventually  free up space (and reduce  lag)

I don't think 7 days would be a good time frame for this game, though.  Not everyone plays online that often, and I know I wouldn't want things I've worked hard to build falling apart just because my RL took my attention away for a while.  14 or 21 days, maybe, once the servers are able to last that long.  If I'm away for that long, odds are I wouldn't care.

There might be more elegant solutions, like automatically optimizing everything inside a player's barrier when they log out, and re-enabling editing when they log back in (like turning build mode on or off for the ships).  For multi-player barriers (which were requested, but don't know if they'll be a thing) then it would be if any of the players logs on, or all of them are offline.

Or maybe we could have a special "construction" setting on the barrier itself, that we could turn on or off like with the ships.  That could also work to prevent accidentally deconstructing parts of our building when we're aiming at something else.

Anything outside of a barrier?  Let it "decay."

4 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Also, if you don't  log in after 7 actual days   your  buildings will decay and  eventually  free up space (and reduce  lag) .. a great idea  Ylands  could  adopt ,

25 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

I don't think 7 days would be a good time frame for this game, though.  Not everyone plays online that often, and I know I wouldn't want things I've worked hard to build falling apart just because my RL took my attention away for a while.  14 or 21 days, maybe, once the servers are able to last that long.  If I'm away for that long, odds are I wouldn't care.

There might be more elegant solutions, like automatically optimizing everything inside a player's barrier when they log out, and re-enabling editing when they log back in (like turning build mode on or off for the ships).  For multi-player barriers (which were requested, but don't know if they'll be a thing) then it would be if any of the players logs on, or all of them are offline.

Or maybe we could have a special "construction" setting on the barrier itself, that we could turn on or off like with the ships.  That could also work to prevent accidentally deconstructing parts of our building when we're aiming at something else.

Anything outside of a barrier?  Let it "decay."

I've talked to Aleš about it and the problem would be, if two players collaborated on something, but then one stopped playing, parts of the building or construction would decay while others would not, which wouldn't seem fair and also if a Creator made something magnificent for other players and then left, It'd be a shame, if it got destroyed over time. But it has gotten our brain juices running and we'll try and think of an alternative, that could help in this regard ?

• Upvote 2

Outlaws of the old west is my current obsession. 

I have also been playing a bit of Houseflipper lately. 

I just finished Borderlands 2. Such a great game! I decided to finish the franchise one more time before the third game is out and now I'm all ready to play the third game. It's been a nice friend to me on our stupid necessary one month vacation to France. My father had some issues about a real estate in France and we came here together but it's really boring. It's a small village, no one talks English, no one to hanging out with. Thanks for saving me from dying of bordem, Borderlands 2..

I'm essentially a single player player. However at this point I am playing RAGE again.

Edited by blanca12

I enjoy a lot of older games. Age Of Empires, Starcraft, Chuzzle, Bejewled, Guild Wars 2....and If I just want brainless aggression I play Saint's Row 4. I have been currently also playing a little game that's free on Steam called Planet Explorers. It's a survival crafting type game, that used to have multiplayer functionality but somehow the company screwed up and lost it. It then became free to play, but the bad news is there won't be any updates for it. It's still quite fun as a single player game, but has a few little bugs here and there. I am hoping they decide to make a part 2 and bring the multiplayer back and updates. It's obvious to me they put a lot of love and thought into the game, and it's a shame they decided to not fix the major problem that occurred when the multiplayer got somehow deleted, but the company explained that it would be easier to make a new game from scratch than try to spend the time fixing it.

Edited by spiritchaser28
Typo
  • Like 1

Currently on 3HT discord we have an Ark server playing Crystal Iles.

I just started a Valheim server.

I am spending most of my time playing around in the Ylands editor as of the time of this comment, but I also play things like starbound or terraria where I can explore near infinite terrain with the freedom of building, crafting, and exploring. I too play minecraft sometimes, but after a while it gets boring because you can't build stupendously complexe machines or structures. I would play Ylands survival, but my PC can't run the experimental version and I can speed run through the regular survival pretty fast. So I just jam it out in the editor most of the time.

I also play Scrap Mechanic, a game where you have the freedom to create any sort of vehicle machine or contraption you put your mind to. It has an open world Survival mode, Challenge mode, and Creative mode for exercising your creativity.

Ever heard of Generation Zero?  It is yet another game I play where it is open world apocalyptic survival where instead of zombies and/or monsters, you're surviving against hulking machines that are actively exterminating humanity.

Another sandbox game I play is Airships Conquer the Skies. ACtS is a game where you build 2D airships in order to literally conquer the skies. You battle other ships, run missions, capture cities, and dominate the planet as its new Big Cheese. I personally never play the campaign, simply because I am not a strategist and I'd rather spend my time in the airship editor making Large and over-clocked airships.

Rec-Room is a family friendly game where you play with other people and compete in games to earn the in-game currency Tokens. One major issue with this game is that it is meant to be played by kids, but has a microphone system... anyways it is a fun VR/PC game I too play.

I can go all day, but I think I've said enough for now. Cya.

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Fixing a typo

I've been playing a lot of minecraft (bedrock) mostly in creative, or on peaceful.  It's weirdly addictive.  I still hate the visual style, but I find myself playing for hours. 

5 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

I've been playing a lot of minecraft (bedrock) mostly in creative, or on peaceful.  It's weirdly addictive.  I still hate the visual style, but I find myself playing for hours. 

I have that feeling too. Minecraft objects are clunky but it makes it super easy to work with and it's easy to make large scale projects.

• Like 1

I’ve started playing a bit of StoneHearthits a lovely little gem of a game.

It was one of the first games I bought about a decade ago and boy has it come far.

Its a basic Settlement Survival game that combines the social dynamics of Rimworld, with the voxel cartoonishness of Minecraft.

0EAAC7A4-B401-4ED7-AEE1-44ED1BAA98AC.jpeg.bd781493dd751c5868825f60dce065a4.jpeg

Sadly the developers rushed its 1.0 release, omitting large quantities of its originally promised content but not to worry! A StoneHearth ‘super fan’ has took the reigns and even as I write this, is updating his Authorised Community Expansion (ACE) DLC. The workshop ACE is totally free and expands the game to incredible effect.

If you want a nice lazy Sunday town-building game with rpg elements, I highly recommend StoneHearth.

• Like 1