40nymathguy

Uploads always fail, primarily with Sharegames

Question

My friend and I love the sharegames concept, except when we try to upload sharegames the always fail for me, and rarely succeed for him.  They tend to load to 50-75% the fail.  Please help!  Oh my, and the .txt files are failing to upload now.  Not sure what the problem is.output_log.txt

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sounds like the same issue as this one:

We're looking into it!

Let's see how I explain this, with my google translator.

We have created a game two people, via sharegame, well the game is believed by me, without any problem.

My friend enters the game by entering the password. up here without problem.

When I leave the game, the sharegame is saved well. Naturally, when my friend enters the game for the first time as host, it is fine.

But when I enter and make changes, when he wants to enter only loads the old data of the game, bone on entering does not synchronize with the sharemame, that happens to both one and the other, I mean the host if he sees the changes, but the client can not see them.

On the other hand it always leaves the poster of his partner I keep the data of the sharegame wrong. etc etc.

I initiated a shared game and it asked me something about using the local file.  I said yes.  This resulted in my friend being unable to log in.  So I answer no now.

Yes, i have the same issue.  When my friend loads up and builds and then leaves the game and it saves.  Then i load up and he joins in, all of the stuff he did is gone because it doesn't save.  Then, when i load the so called "Cloud" save... i am back on my little boat with nothing because it was the first day we stared the game.  Please update if you have any fixes to this.  Thanks

14 hours ago, tonkepen said:

Let's see how I explain this, with my google translator.

We have created a game two people, via sharegame, well the game is believed by me, without any problem.

My friend enters the game by entering the password. up here without problem.

When I leave the game, the sharegame is saved well. Naturally, when my friend enters the game for the first time as host, it is fine.

But when I enter and make changes, when he wants to enter only loads the old data of the game, bone on entering does not synchronize with the sharemame, that happens to both one and the other, I mean the host if he sees the changes, but the client can not see them.

On the other hand it always leaves the poster of his partner I keep the data of the sharegame wrong. etc etc.

Did you make sure you closed the game safely?

Otherwise, please attach the following files so that we can look into it: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Hello,

thank you for your patience and the log files.

Could you please also provide log files form the game hosting the mp session (output_log_clean.txt suffices)? The ones you attached are client log files, and don't help us much in this case as host is responsible for uploading the game state when session ends. Sorry for not being clear.

9 hours ago, brod33 said:

Hello,

thank you for your patience and the log files.

Could you please also provide log files form the game hosting the mp session (output_log_clean.txt suffices)? The ones you attached are client log files, and don't help us much in this case as host is responsible for uploading the game state when session ends. Sorry for not being clear.

In the end, you'll even ask my wife, you'll see. ( just kidding)

Attached I leave the requested files. You also have another problem, blueprints on dedicated servers do not work, I explain if you want to review it too.

You put the blueprint, you set the table, the table does not open, and the blueprint does not come out. Well, you put another blueprint, the first appears by magic, and the table opens.

You go to the second table does not open, or the blueprint comes out. It is as if they were in chain, the problem is that it does not let you eliminate them either.

Therefore, you have another problem on the table.

More hugs from Spain.

output_log_clean.zip