tonkepen

Official servers

Gentlemen and Bohemia, if I enter an official server of yours, they will erase the content ?, or it is reliable to play in them.

Thanks

The content shouldn't be erased :)

Sure, because you erased me a game, disappeared, and as the sharegame this does not work, since we are two, and only loads each of our games, that is not synchronized.

We want to play on a server but by God, do not delete the games of the official servers.

Every multiplayer game must be erased or it will crash. Without progress resets lag becomes unbearable and the server unplayable. This has been the case since the beginning. 

Only 1 island maps or maps without players dont require reset. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, tonkepen said:

Understood thank you very much

I have a very fun 1 island map with shops, jobs, land-renting & sales. A full city roleplay on a single island with no coral (reduces lag): https://discord.gg/cf6FCWA

We are about to add no-pvp which is a feature which requires reset though. However, our programmed back-end currency means you get to keep progress despite the fact we sometimes update for important features like no PVP :D

Our patreon server has gone MONTHS without issue though! And everyone is nice and helpful and cooperative there. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

I would like to point out that "reset" and "wipe" are not the same things.  At least not to what I understand.   

On the private server I play on, resets happen every night. Nothing is lost.  Worst case scenario, if someone is on, they get kicked off.

A wipe is when the map is new.  The old one disappears, the new one is fresh. In my experience this happens with each new update.  Not the hotfixes, but the updates.

Speaking of... are we going to get a hotfix soon?

No, that's not our problem, the problem is that it does not synchronize from the server the game saved by the host, when recording the game goes up well, but when loading it does not download the last change. For which you always enter with a single previous game.

Captura.PNG

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

I would like to point out that "reset" and "wipe" are not the same things.  At least not to what I understand.   

On the private server I play on, resets happen every night. Nothing is lost.  Worst case scenario, if someone is on, they get kicked off.

A wipe is when the map is new.  The old one disappears, the new one is fresh. In my experience this happens with each new update.  Not the hotfixes, but the updates.

Speaking of... are we going to get a hotfix soon?

I am speaking of total wipe. Total wipe are needed for public servers due to the lag increase when the file size exceeds 20 MB. Foo used to be able to push it to 35 MB on 144 GB ram (server). All servers must wipe if active unless they are 1 island maps. 

17 hours ago, tonkepen said:

Sure, because you erased me a game, disappeared, and as the sharegame this does not work, since we are two, and only loads each of our games, that is not synchronized.

What do you mean we erased a game? You mean after the account linking? If so, let us know, we should be able to recover it.

No Ane, this was before this last patch, when I bought the game, I went into an official server and I was playing a week, I just on that server EU32. And suddenly, zasssss disappeared the server, the game, etc. etc. I mean a disaster.

But it's the same, the question, my question is ...

If I start a game on an official server with a friend now, will the same thing happen? With time, the built will be lost? That is only what I ask.

Because of course, if it turns out that you start a game, and the week is all going to sink. Well, the truth is to waste your time.

Thanks again.

Oh I see, I guess it happened because of the 0.9 update. When there's a new update the servers do get wiped.

So my question is ...

What are they for ?, to make tests ?. because I do not understand it then, imagine that a man is 2 months playing, and zasss everything to the trash.

I do not know the truth.

Anyway, more hugs from Spain.

40 minutes ago, tonkepen said:

What are they for ?, to make tests ?. because I do not understand it then, imagine that a man is 2 months playing, and zasss everything to the trash.

Thats the easiest way to make sure that everything will works fine, because the older world or map might not work properly. And for the players, resources in old map especially public multiplayer most likely is depleted. If you play SP or private server then you don't need to concerns about that, you still can play it but with your own risk.

Even with the best care, a public server will lose resources. Be laggy and glitchy after a while. Private servers will become unplayable as well, but it can be extended with a lot of care from Admin. @Baz Foobar was spending a couple of hours DAILY doing maintence work.

Thanks for the explanation.

Is there any good guide, to mount a private server of this game? Do you know any ?.

Here is example, you might want to join their Discord for further assistance. ;)

Lol, since when my name become Albert? Hahaha your welcome :D

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

hahahaa, Sorry Sorry Alfred, I got confused, I was absorbed, looking at the dedicated:D

• Haha 1

Alfred e bought a server in nitrado to test, well I already have the data, but how do I connect ?. hahaha

Well already this position, but as a change from creative to exploration ?.

Look at the photo as creative, and I want to explore, where I touch the parameters ...

Captura.PNG