RedEagle_P1.

P1 Building Contest #2 - Gameplay

Welcome to the P1 Ylands Building Contest! #2

b4bf747ccd2cfbdf985f75b5d0375e10.png

Overview: 

In this contest you are tasked with creating a small part of a game (a game mechanic).

Examples:

A puzzle which opens a door

Find the passcode & unlock the chest

A riddle

Shoot the targets

Find quest (find the golden chalice)

Kill quest (kill the wolfs)

Parts of a capture the flag game 

Defend the base

Boat racing

Parkour 

& more

Theme: 

Game mechanic

Prizes:
1st place: 3k Coyns + 30 day Nitrado credit

2nd: 2k

3rd: 1k

Deadline: 30th June

Terms: 

1) Post bugs here as you encounter them (2 minimum)

2) Anyone who uploads their idea here is giving it away under (Public Domain Dedication). Next week we will remix each other’s content.

3) The mechanic has to be small enough to quickly test

4) It must include some logic

>> How to get started: <<

1) The moment you see this post:

I agree to the Terms & I am in!

2) Upload your creation here (not workshop yet)

3) Ask people to test it

4) Once you feel it’s ready submit it for voting:

Submitting for vote:

1) Submit your creation here (not to the workshop yet)

2) I will create a poll on the forum to let people choose the winner 
3) Please vote for people based on the core concept, not game-size or completeness.

Style: 

Casual - You don’t have to make a HUGE game, just have one good, easy-to-understand idea.

Legal:

No purchase needed, submissions outside the deadline do not count. Coyns have no real-world value but are bought in game for about 3-5 USD per 1000. So the value of prizes is about $30. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 2

Lol, you don't need to metion my dummy account. xD Thank you for invitation but sorry I think I won't join the ride of this one, gonna need to focus RL thingy..

Good luck everyone who want to participate the contest and make sure to have fun! ;)

1 hour ago, V-Alfred said:

Lol, you don't need to metion my dummy account. xD Thank you for invitation but sorry I think I won't join the ride of this one, gonna need to focus RL thingy..

Good luck everyone who want to participate the contest and make sure to have fun! ;)

Awww, we need pros like you :P 

For all others, check out this, putting that in your scenario folder and checking out the logics can help you make simple game ideas quick. 

*see attached* 

WILD_WEST.zip

• Haha 1

Thanx for inviting me.Indeed I have an idea I want to "test" (not knowing if the game letz me do this). Hope you let some time to do it, for I have some RL things the next wknd :)

Edited by Apokh

12 hours ago, Apokh said:

Thanx for inviting me.Indeed I have an idea I want to "test" (not knowing if the game letz me do this). Hope you let some time to do it, for I have some RL things the next wknd :)

Don't worry, we have until the 30th of June! 

UPDATE! Nitrado is now sponsoring these contests and offering 30 days credit to anyone who wins. These contests happen often so winners could keep there servers up using this :D

It's a cool way to show off your creation to the world! 

30 days/8 slots for the winner! 

Unfortunately the game mechanic I was thinking of using is currently bugged. I've posted it here: 

I'm guessing it won't be fixed in time for me to submit anything for this contest, oh well ¬¬

• Upvote 1

handofthesly I also had problems with that, try to generate entity from a label and it did not work either.

Also the role of the player creates conflict with the activation zone, if at the start of the game the player's role and the activation zone are activated at the same time, the game will never start

I realize that we likely dont want half-made stuff on the workshop so I removed the workshop upload requirement. Just upload to this thread. 

I am in.

Got my first little "game snippet" almost done. I guess I wont have enough time to present you the whole minigame as intended but I will provide as much as I can till the end of the week.

But as I´m working on it - and got things working more and more ideas come together. I´ll probably work on this for a while :D (...0.10 come to meeee)

...20180624205757_1.thumb.jpg.d41ba79722424a6e21c923ed2069beb0.jpg

Edited by Apokh
  • Like 2

It can, after endless trial&error i found the correct angles for every segment. Atm its a little tricky to steer the car with full speed, which makes it kind of gambling to hit the right angle. After a little polishig according to the accelation track and the loop itself it should be not a problem. 

Ah I see now what you were doing.. @Apokh xD Nice "hotwheel" track, gonna need high hill I guess.^_^ with 0.10 laps system that would be awesome.

Edited by V-Alfred
Tall = high (?) :D

No hill needed, i dont even know wheather (or not) the physics in yland would make a difference in car speed (memo to the devs: add speed display in editor).

Perhaps when i did some practise on the game logics i can build thrusters ;D

This week my son is on a trip with his school, so no "role modelling" this week :D (regarding to PC time) 

Edited by Apokh
  • Haha 1

Biting thru some really annoying issues with the spawn logics of the editor atm but will circumnavigate with addidional amount of time for my project. 

Guess I´ll have it ready on tim tomorrow in the evening. 

@RedEagle_P1. Deadline is June 30th.... 0 hrs...CET/PST/EST??? Guess every Minute wil be valuable^^

5 hours ago, Apokh said:

Deadline is June 30th.... 0 hrs...CET/PST/EST??? Guess every Minute wil be valuable^^

P1 time. Do .time in P1's main discord. 

Me and spyler intend to come in and drop some goodies too. Been in bed with a fever. 

So here is my gameplay-submission.

ENJOY!

If you like it, i count on your vote - when the poll goes online!

Instruction:

Unpack the file attached to : \Steam\userdata\<yourID>\298610\remote\Scenarios\

LOOPME.zip

Edited by Apokh