handofthesly

Advance time/plant growth using game logic objects in Editor?

Does anyone know if it is possible to change the time or advance plant growth in a game by using game logic objects from the editor?

I want to create a scenario where I can plant seeds and they grow super fast and not have to wait 5 game days for them to grow and mature naturally.

Edited by handofthesly

If you could get that to work, you have the potential of making craftable items with a variable effect. For example a Basic Plant Fertilizer which knocks one day off the growth, Advanced Plant Fertilizer which knocks three off and perhaps Ylandium Miracle Gro which advances the full five.

• Upvote 1

Yes, even craftable fertilisers would be freaking awesome. Both for in everyday Exploration mode games as well as for in custom games.

You could suggest a Basic Composter made from wood and nails which takes hay/grass/raw food and gives Basic Fertilizer. The Advanced Composter could be made from iron/copper and take all the earlier Basic ingredients plus wood pulp/sticks/cooked food and give Advanced Fertiliser. You could add glass and Ylandium gizmos for the top tier one which would yield vials of the Miracle Gro in return for scarce ingredients.

hehe  why not   collect   horse or  goat poo for   fertilizer :D ?   thats  taking   crafting  to a   higher level, especially  if we can pen and  milk  goats  etc.

I don't think that kind of logic is available (advance time, plant growth) at current version. But I think, you can replace planted seed with the mature ones using game logic.

Advance farming mechanism is awesome, will support that kind of things!

1 hour ago, V-Alfred said:

But I think, you can replace planted seed with the mature ones using game logic.

Hmmm, I didn’t think of that. Funny because I’m using that same technique elsewhere but never thought to use it here. I think it was called Move Entity something or rather?

Yeah, but I haven't figured it out if it can be used continuously. Let me know if you figure something out. :D