handofthesly

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-10720] Stuck at loading screen (Custom game) but is playing in background - Play Area issue

Question

Can't seem to load my own custom game properly that I created in the Editor. It gets stuck at building oceans 44.4% and I have to Alt+Tab out to shut Ylands down and reload the game. The weird thing is that I can hear everything around me as if I'm actually playing. I can punch the ground and hear it. I can hear the waves of the ocean. I can hear myself walking around. But all I see is this loading screen.

I can load it up in the Editor but it gets stuck at this screen. It gets stuck by choosing Custom Game in the main menu too.

This custom game is pretty much just a basic fresh map that I've added a few small structures and some simple game logic objects to it. 

UPDATE! After some digging, it appears this is a Play Area game logic issue (see comments below). For some reason, adding a Play Area logic freezes the load screen like this but still loads the game in the background.

image.thumb.png.434b80aa87207267013b44b45127fe9c.png

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

It's so weird, my character is in the game, I can hear everything but I can't see anything except for the loading screen!

Even when I go back through the custom game menu, it shows a thumbnail of my character in that world. 

Edited by handofthesly

UPDATE!

So to try get around this problem I started a fresh map in the editor and added my game logic compositions back into it and tested it again. This time it was all fine, it loaded without a hitch. Hurrah!

But as soon as I added a Play Area logic into the world, it gave me the same problem as before! Loading screen gets stuck (although this time it was at 11.1%) but I can still hear the game in the background and move around!

Once I restarted the game I went back to the Editor and deleted the Play Area logic and BOOM! The game would load again not a problem! To confirm it even further, I loaded up my original game and deleted the Play Area logic and guess what? It fixed it! Seems like this Play Area logic is the culprit giving me grief here. Not sure why though, anyone else know what I might be doing wrong or is it just a bug? I suggest that players avoid using the Play Area logic and that devs have it removed from the game until it is fixed.

As a side note ... when you place the Play Area logic it is clearly defaulting to a block shape but when you double-click it to check its properties it shows that it is set to sphere. Also, you can't change it to a sphere anyway, it simply won't let you even if sphere is selected as it just stays as a block shape instead.

PlayArea1.png.d33fd6e8b0c26cd1db5a6a8974da4edb.pngPlayArea2.png.32fd80c24e291f7456c8905c15df3bd3.png

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by handofthesly
  • Upvote 1

Alright, I'll update the issue with the new info :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1