Apokh

Editor questions

Hey guys, 

trying to get familiar with the ed.

Some questions at this:

- how does the rotating thing work? Found the angle changer and the rotation tool itself, but it only does 90 deg steps (with that y-axis-rotation circle), managed to make somehow (one time) a 5 deg step but dunno how . Also found the Object settings where I can change the angle but thats not practicable for groups of items like stone blocks etc.

- how does the grouping work? Managed to make a group and was happy i wont have to change angle, position etc for every single block (for I need hundreds to position) but the group seems not to habe "group settings" for position, angle etc to move/rotate all items within the group at once.

- whats the matter with the scaling tool? did not get it to work, wanted to make a stone block larger/ longer.

more to come...

Best regards 

Edited by Apokh

First of all, check this thread, current Editor still has some similar interface from the old one. So you can learn basic function of the buttons.

About rotation:
rotation only works for selected entity, so you need to make a group and select it (or just select multiple entities) if you want to rotate multiple entity at once. Currently you can't rotate group by entity setting (change rotation value). You can change the "degree step" by clicking arrow beside predefined rotation values button, it's number 13 at Ane's post above. Also remember that you can force to enable/disable predefined values buttons by holding "V" on your keyboard (or look at your keyboard controls setting).

About scaling tool:
currently scaling tool only works for game logic, you can't use scaling tool on object.

Edited by V-Alfred
  • Thanks 1

seems at least the rotate thing doesnt work as described. Doing atm every single stone in a row (which is very tedious) via the item settings themselves.

The linked post I alredy read but its very basic.

hello Apokh to rotate an object, you have to play with the options above,
If you mark the option in normal mode it only works while you keep the selection, so it is better to work the rotation with V pressed. The options will appear in orange if they are activated, you can indicate the degrees that you want to turn, if you deactivate it you can turn freely. You can also play with the global or local axes to rotate on the axis of the object or on the axis of the world, this will also serve for displacements with blocks that are not aligned.

When you start the editor, you must check the option twice to make it work correctly

I leave you a small example.

For your group question the last object you select before creating it will be the axis, you can use this to place the composition correctly aligned

Edited by spyler.1989
  • Like 1

somehow i got the rotate thing to work now.

Thank you.

I wont tell now ...its for the contest :D (if it it works) 

Ah is it related to game logics? Oh well thats pretty long story to tell.. :D

no its just buidling at this stage of my editor exp. Logics perhaps in the next step :)

Trying to build something "round" out of "squared" blocks....

take a look here you have a little trick that you can use with the logic to make it easier for you to edit