Christal

doctor cheater

Hi Ylanders, (sorry for my bad english...)
We have a misfortume on our server...
Yersterday, a guy called "Docteur" arrived in the absence of our moderator, and I surprised him armed with a annihilator, destroying a boat in a BP!
I killed him, and I found that my house had been demolished, as well as those of my friends...
He reappeared at the spawn, arming himself again with a annihilator.
He even managed to kill someone in his BP!
When our admin returned, he vanished, so impossible ton ban.
Unfortunately, we no longer have the logs, and have changed maps, but how is this possible? We are no longer safe?

If Red Eagle cares to look through our discord chat, i mentioned to another player  "who is this Docteur on line..have you met him?

Sounds like he is a serial pest... and has some  sort of  hack or  mod  enabling him to griefand cheat

If you see him on line,  type /who and copy  down his  BI account details ..:|

Ok thanks, we'll try if he come back...
I hate cheaters especially if it's to destroy the working hours -_-

Hmmh I wonder, if he can somehow give himself annihilator why not give himself the cube(?), so he become invincible.. Are you sure that isn't admin works? If not, gotta catch him and put him to the sacred list. xD

What server was this ?  He was  noted to be on P1  - Reds Eagles server  but   there's no reports so far  of any  damage etc. Possibly  red will look back through  records and  get his number and  shut the  door on any future return attempts

If he  can respawn  with an annihilator, then  i suggest that the Devs/Ane  be  advised   as this indicates there is  a  possible    hack /mod/exploit   available  that will ruin the  game  for  everyone.

On  red;'s  server, the   cube  etc  are  strictly  controlled or  made available to admins  with  instructions not to wear it all the time,  and to lock it in a secure place or return it  when not  needed.

If hes has  done  any such  damage  on red's ...  then he must be  using a  hack, especially if he  can respawn  with one!

Edited by kimbuck

@V-Alfred he was not invincible, I was able to kill him 3 times. But when he died, no grave appeared...
And it's not an admin, the only one to be is @T2S
@kimbuck on the server Cataplasm...

• Haha 1

Hmm .....  might be doing the server rounds ...    destroy,  create havoc and   run away  to repeat on another before  being  caught. If there's proof,  with a screenshot   Ane  might have to be called to wave  her magic  wand   ..which works  all over  Ylands..;)

Yes, if he comes back I'll think about the screenshot, I regret not having done but I was too upset and jaded ^^

I Know how you feel, MegaChristalle ...  when you have that happen to you, its disappointing and   you just worry about defending yourself.  These  griefing types get pleasure by creating  misery  for  others..  best  use it as an opportunity to   rebuild better...and    create  blueprints next time so you can restore  what they try to destroy.;)

They are worse than the plague, I never had this experience and it's a shock...
I was helpless seeing it in the distance, destroy everything...
So, we go to new adventures and put a password time to find a new earth :)

I was playing happily on a public server (Energritz_'s AU/NZ server) when I encountered this "Docteur" character.
At first he seemed fine. He came to my place and I gave a bit of food and grass clothes.

However, shortly later he began ramming my ship anchored near the shore with a ship I later discovered was stolen. Luckily, their was no damage and he quickly left after I started shooting at him. Unfortunately, my friend wasn't so lucky. Docteur rammed his ship and placed dirt (causing chaos and lagg on the server) and got his ship stuck. After a couple of server crashes/resets we managed to free the ships. Docteur meanwhile left (hopefully not destroying stuff elsewhere).

It was very annoying and the water is now mucked up. I think Doctuer should be banned for a while as he clearly was aiming to be annoying and has affected a few servers now.

Anyway, just remember him and if you see him, kill him. :D

• Like 1

As i suggested..   by typing    /who  in chat you see who is on line..  and if you see him,  copy down his  Bi account  no. and advise Ane   if he causes  trouble. Seems like a kid on the loose home alone.

They cannot  respawn  after Ane    shoots them  downB|

well done! ..  send a PM  to Ane  asking her to look at this thread  ..she will, and when she sees he is being trouble  on more than  one server, with multiple reports  from other people,  she can weigh up her options.

Now i recall we had to  clear up  floating balls of  dirt on Red's P1  server  during a period of lag, and  we were wondering how that could happen  unless someone had a terraformer. Now i see that was around the time Docteur paid  a visit, but  no direct  proof it was caused by him.  But  we have to wonder..:|

So soon after the previous episode.

Out of curiosity, if a player switches to a different computer, does the ID number remain the same?  If they can do that, they can probably get around a ban.

He was not good with his bow, my riffle completed it ^^ And when he died, a little /unstuck 1 and I was able to put him back in the buttocks :D

• Haha 2

Probably best to have the admin of the server add him to the ban list.  I don't think BI takes disciplinary actions on dedicated servers run by players (private or public).

Now BI-hosted servers on the other hand, that's a different story.  Has anyone seen this guy causing trouble on any of those?

Edited by Baz Foobar

14 hours ago, Desolation said:

I was playing happily on a public server (Energritz_'s AU/NZ server) when I encountered this "Docteur" character.

*snip*

Person has been banned on our server

• Thanks 1

Yes, was this in one of our servers?

25 minutes ago, Ane said:

Yes, was this in one of our servers?

From their story, I don't think Docteur get caught in official servers just yet. In @MegaChristalle case, it's on Cataplasm DS admin T2S. @Desolation case, it's on Energritz's server. Me personally I don't think I have met Docteur.

I believe @kimbuckdid see that name on our server. We did find two sky dirtballs and some destruction with sand in the tree tops.  We also had a severe and sudden performance drag, to the point that we abandoned that map and started a new one. No idea if that was related to doctuer.  This was @RedEagle_P1. server.

Can confirm seeing the name on the server ... at 1:42 pm  my time i  asked another player in our  discord channel  did he see a  "Docteur" on spawn island   as   the /who  command  said    Docteur was on line.

It was  after that time   lag became  apparent  ..

I guess this could invite the  pun reply  " Docteur  who ? "  :P:D

• Haha 1