Wylee_coyote_moose

How to Play Multiplayer

My husband and I recently started playing Ylands and wanted to play together. However when I set up MP mode, name my island, set passcode and set mode to visible ge still can't find me. We tried this both ways and the game doesn't show up in either of our mp libraries. Please help. This is quite frustrating. Also, I know nothing about setting up a server and all that. Hoping we wont have to do that. Why can't it just be easy to set up to play with 2 people....

I believe they made it possible with "Sharegames" system. So you can play together, either of you can become host without needs to setup server. I haven't tried sharegames yet, so not 100% sure how this works, maybe @Ane can explain how this works? If she doesn't busy. ;)

Edited by V-Alfred
Typos

If you just want to play with just you two, then shared games is the way to go. I think initially you have to be on at the same time.

I assume you are not playing on the same computer and each have your own account?

If you want to play MP with more players, check out the one P1 Recruit. Just search the MP Lobby.

Edited by bojo2736

Yes, we both have our own accounts playing on separate computers. How do you setup shared games? I'd like to play explore mode...is that an option for shared games? 

Thank you!!! 

When you start a new game, there are options for single, multi or shared games. I havent played much on it, but you have to both be on at the same time the first time.

Here is FAQ list about sharegames, incase you didn't read it yet. And yes, you can play explore mode in sharegames.