.Chou.

RESOLVED [YLD-10884] Sharegame won't upload to cloud

Question

Uploading to cloud only gets so far, then it stops and the game goes to the main menu.  I get the "Detected local unuploaded data for this sharegame" everytime I go to play.  I have to click "yes" to use local data if I want to use the latest save.

The save file is about 21 MB, when it was about 15 MB, there was no upload problem.

I tried putting the sharegame in the single player save folder and uploading to the cloud but I received the "StorageService/Upload: Code: -1 API Code: Message: Request timeout" error.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

23 replies to this bug / suggestion

Could you also send us the save you're trying to upload, please?

1 hour ago, .Chou. said:

Is zipping it up and uploading here ok?

Sure!

So our testers tried to reproduce it, but they had no issues uploading these saves. One of our programmers will check if there's something in the logs!

I don't think the issue is the save game, but the time it takes to upload the save. There is something in the logs, and that is EXACTLY 30 seconds between the uploads starting, and timing out. It's in the logs I posted to steam, it's in the logs .Chou. posted above.

If all your testers have high speed internet, they won't see it.

1 hour ago, Nocturnal-815fe67a4cd92f20 said:

I don't think the issue is the save game, but the time it takes to upload the save. There is something in the logs, and that is EXACTLY 30 seconds between the uploads starting, and timing out. It's in the logs I posted to steam, it's in the logs .Chou. posted above.

If all your testers have high speed internet, they won't see it.

I agree.  My save game is fine, I can load it from local, play it, save it (it stays in cloud temp directory), uploading fails at about 75%.

I also know that it's not my internet that's the problem.

Edited by .Chou.

We'll look further, thanks! I'll let you know once I know more (unfortunately today and tomorrow are bank holidays in the Czech Republic, so it will have to wait at least until Monday, I'm afraid).

Hello,

We seem to be having the same issue the games gets to about 60% upload then it returns to the main menu, My save file is also about 22kb. 

8497.rar

• Thanks 1

Your save is way more than 22kb (the save you uploaded), and that is a good thing. Something would be very wrong if it was only 22kb. My saves with just an empty world are all over 3 meg (3000kb). You may also want to upload your output_log_clean.txt and output_log.txt, since I suspect that is exactly what the next ylands rep to come along is going to ask you to do.

Edited by Nocturnal-815fe67a4cd92f20

I'll ask about its status and let you know as soon as I know more.

I need to know a bit more about what happens during the upload.

When you quit the session, you should see:
Uploading Sharegame data XX% - which should go up to 100

During your failed upload attempts, can you see the upload % rising counter at all?
-Can you see the game proceeding back to main menu before the counter reaches 100? (for example you see the counter steadily rise to 66% at constant speed and then suddenly the game switches back to main menu).
-Or does the loading screen get stuck and not show the upload counter at all (or show it at 0%) and after 30s it gives up and goes to main menu.

For myself, I provided all those details in the steam forum post, where I was told to come and post a save here. Yes I see the upload counter rising, yes I see it proceed back to the main menu before it reaches 100% (usually between 30-40% for me). There is no error message, no indication that anything has gone wrong (until you try to play that save).

Although, things could have changed, it's been 20 days, but funnily enough, I haven't been playing Ylands during that time.

Edited by Nocturnal-815fe67a4cd92f20
  • Thanks 1

I see the percentage, sometimes it gets up to somewhere in the 70% range before it quits to the main menu.

Please do the following:
Open Ylands properties in Steam, click [SET LAUCH OPTIONS] and add the following line:

-i_NetApiRequestTimeoutMs:300000

Are you able to complete the upload successfully with this setting?

• Like 1

Well thanks for your patience! We managed to narrow the issue down thanks to the extra info and it will be fixed in 0.10.

• Like 1

Ane,

I did as you asked and my 22+ MB save game successfully uploaded to the cloud.

Thank you!

Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that :)

On 7/24/2018 at 1:57 PM, Ane said:

Awesome! I'm so happy to hear that :)

adding the launch option to my game did not allow it to upload the whole thing. It stopped at 51% then went back to main menu. It didnt take very long to get to 51% either. i installed the game on my laptop to test it out and sure enough when i load the game it loads but its stopped at a previous state where i was a couple of days ago. so it was able to upload and save for a while but was not able to upload after that (maybe file size is messing with it?)

2 hours ago, Obergruppenfuhrer said:

adding the launch option to my game did not allow it to upload the whole thing. It stopped at 51% then went back to main menu. It didnt take very long to get to 51% either. i installed the game on my laptop to test it out and sure enough when i load the game it loads but its stopped at a previous state where i was a couple of days ago. so it was able to upload and save for a while but was not able to upload after that (maybe file size is messing with it?)

What is the size of the file?