Sign in to follow this  
bojo2736

Custom Color Pallets

Question

Sorry if this is already a thing in game.  If it is, I don't know how to do it.

I would like to be able to save custom color pallets, kind of like you do compositions.  I think this would be very useful for design continuity.  

• Downvote 1

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hmmh, I'm not sure what do you mean. If I understand correctly this feature is already in the game. You can right click the color on pallets to replace the existing one, if you want to use that color on pallets, just click(left click) that color. There is no tutorial about that, maybe that's why you don't know it yet.

Summary :

• Left click to change your brush to color that's on the pallets
  • Right click to change color on the pallets to same color as currently on your brush

Note: I use this picture before for reporting a bug. It's UI for Editor, in paintgun menu it's a bit different, but still pretty much the same.

That red rectangle is the pallets.
That square blue is button to change the page of the pallets, above this button is to reset the pallets back into default

3sQyYdudhjE0GgdUTGqHWUyHN76PNNfxZeFuOe5K

Hope it helps. Cheers!

I think the request is to be able to save/load whole palettes, not change individual colours in the palette.

• Upvote 1

I know how to pick them.  I want to be able to keep them.  In editor it's fairly easy, as you can just hit the dropper and pick the color you want.  I generally lay out a swatch of the materials and colors I am using.  But in game it's harder. If you don't write down the hexadecimal number you used, it is impossible to make sure you have the same colors.  

I did buy a little app in steam that was on sale that will let me do exactly what I want to do here.   It would be better if it was in the game and not a separate program. 

• Downvote 1

I do it via the paintgun... i paint 16 1x1 stone blocks with each of my palette colours, then later use the 'store colour' function of the gun to get them back.

2 hours ago, TheSparkPlug said:

I do it via the paintgun... i paint 16 1x1 stone blocks with each of my palette colours, then later use the 'store colour' function of the gun to get them back.

I don'y know how to do this.

• Downvote 1

With the paint gun, you can switch between 3 modes: paint, restore original colour, and store colour.

'Store colour' lets you set the paint colour by targeting something in world that is already the colour you want.

Agreed. It's just a workaround in the absense of the ability to save palettes.

i haven't tried it but presumably you could save the coloured block selection as a blueprint to bring that palette into a different world.